Working Moms
Options

Gift for boss and wife at holiday party at their home?

MHs boss is having a holiday party at his house (dinner party) for his direct reports so about  30-40 ppl including guests will be there. His boss is the president of the company so I am picturing a relatively higher end catered event though not 100% sure. I know he lives in a pretty upscale gated community.

What is a good hostess gift other than wine in is situation and how much would you personally spend? Thx 

Re: Gift for boss and wife at holiday party at their home?

• Options

wine or champagne - maybe $40-50.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Shoot, I was going to say wine! What about a really nice food gift basket? Like from Harry and David? I personally probably wouldn't spend more than $50. $100 if you're hoping for a nice promotion in the next year. Ha!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe some wine glass markers or diffuser...may even be able to have some personalized with a monogram or initial. A plant in a nice pot, or nice chocolates.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    We always made a basket for DH's boss and family (even included dog treats for their dog!), we spent about $40-50 on the basket but they remarked how much their daughter liked the cookies or whatever we put in there, so we felt like they appreciated the thought.
  • Options

Not wine because you're afraid they'll get too much or not wine b/c they don't drink? 

Assuming they don't drink, chocolates from a local chocolatier or holiday tea towels would probably be my go-to gifts.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

If they drink, give them a nice bottle of champagne.

If they don't, make a nice food basket.

• Options
    I usually vote for a bottle of some type of alcohol because it can be easily used during the event or put away for quite awhile.  If you're definitely not going to bring alcohol, I'd consider a large box of nice chocolates or cookies that could be set out for dessert or a nice bouquet of flowers.  I'd probably spend $40-50.
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The general gifts are usually wine, chocolate or a bouquet of flowers for the hostess. I'd imagine a nice gift basket would be fine too, either food/treats or bath stuff.
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I personally would do a small holiday themed flower arrangement from a nice local florist.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think $50 seems really high unless you think that would be expected in your area?? I would think any kind of "nice" but small gift and would think $25 to $30ish would be fine. Hmmmm. Specialty baked goods, nice candy, small holiday plant/arrangement, pretty soaps, coffee/tea/cocoa? Williams-Sonoma has (overpriced) but nice food gifts. Do you think everyone will bring something?? I'm kind of betting they don't expect you to bring something, so anything you come with will be a nice surprise.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I'd ask around and see if its the norm to give gifts like this.  They aren't actually paying for this - this more of a work function than anything.  We have a big company holiday party too, but it would never occur to me to bring a "gift" to my boss for it, you know?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Costco has nice holiday gift baskets very reasonably priced. If you want to go high end, Neiman Marcus cookies or holiday cakes are very chicly wraped and very delicious. Everytime I take one of those to a party I hear a lot oohs and ahhs from the hostess.

• Options

Thanks all!

I am going to check w/ my husband about the drinking, I was just trying to think if there were alternative things that might be good just in case they don't. I think $50 give or take  is appropriate given MH's level of job, $100 seems like overkill and less seems not in line w/ what I imagine would be the norm. 

• Options
    I have a standard hostess gift that I give. I take 4 decent quality taper candles (I have a stash) and I tie them with a ribbon that matches the occasion or season. Done and done.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Holiday glassware like wine glasses or coasters you can put pictures in.

https://www.michaels.com/Photo-Coaster/fr0294,default,pd.html 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"