1st Trimester

So anxious/Lines on BFP

Hi ladies,

Congrats to all, hope you're having a healthy, happy first tri! I got my first ever BFP on Tuesday after 7 months of trying and never seeing one. I'm definitely happy but incredibly nervous and anxious too. I've read so much online and seen so many dark lines on BFPs and mine isn't really getting all that dark yet.

Crazy lady alert, I know, as I'm still testing. But today's HPT (14 dpo) looks pretty identical to yesterday's at 13 dpo. I thought they were supposed to get a lot darker each day to indicate that the hormone is doubling and things are going well? I hope I'm overthinking this. My OB's office said to come in when I'm a week late for my period to have a blood test to confirm the pregnancy and I just feel like a ball of nerves waiting for that appointment next week.

If anyone has reassurance that it's OK for the test to look the same at 13 dpo and 14 dpo, I'd really appreciate it. Or any other words of wisdom for calming down the freak out that something may go wrong. TIA.

Re: So anxious/Lines on BFP

• Sorry the pic is so huge, just scroll over to see.
  • imageJoy2611:
    Did you see the lines within the time frame?  If so, you're definitely pregnant.  The intensity of the line is related to how much dye is in the test.  Don't freak yourself out - a line is a line.

Yes, definitely within the time limit. So the line isn't necessarily supposed to get darker as the days go by? Thanks so much. 

ETA: I'm driving myself nuts with all this Googling, but I've read that with a CP lines never get very dark so I can't help but wonder if the dark lines should come by 14 dpo? My 14 dpo line is still not as dark as the control. (I do realize how crazy I sound, thanks for reading ... and I thought I was crazy while TTGP ...!)

• Loading the player...
  • imageJoy2611:
    imageRDK24:

imageJoy2611:
    Did you see the lines within the time frame?  If so, you're definitely pregnant.  The intensity of the line is related to how much dye is in the test.  Don't freak yourself out - a line is a line.

Yes, definitely within the time limit. So the line isn't necessarily supposed to get darker as the days go by? Thanks so much. 

Some people will say they saw their lines get darker while others will say they didn't.  Also, HCG levels double every 48 hours, not every 24 hours.

Relax.  You have two lines.  If you keep peeing on sticks and analyzing the unanalyzable results, you are going to drive yourself crazy.

Congrats!!!

Thank you SO much. I thought the getting-darker progression was more of a 100% of the time thing. You're right about the unanalyzable results and that was just what I needed to hear. :) Thank you again!! 

• Back away from the pee tests. Comparing lines will drive you insane. Generally, if you were to test early and then test a few days later, your lines probably would get dark. But from day to day, especially once you've started getting darker lines, you can't compare. The darkness of the line is related to how much dye is in each test. Even if it's the same brand from the same box. You're pregnant! Try not to overanalyze and enjoy it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Those lines are plenty dark! Save your money and stop peeing! You're pregnant!
  • Congratulations!! that is a BFP!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • A line is a line, you're definitely pregnant. Congrats!!
    www.thefamilyragan. blogspot.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRunningGal900:
    Back away from the pee tests. Comparing lines will drive you insane. Generally, if you were to test early and then test a few days later, your lines probably would get dark. But from day to day, especially once you've started getting darker lines, you can't compare. The darkness of the line is related to how much dye is in each test. Even if it's the same brand from the same box. You're pregnant! Try not to overanalyze and enjoy it!

Thanks very much. This makes so much sense. I need to start thinking about it as peeing on money. ;) Appreciate you indulging my craziness!

• imageRDK24:

Hi ladies,

Congrats to all, hope you're having a healthy, happy first tri! I got my first ever BFP on Tuesday after 7 months of trying and never seeing one. I'm definitely happy but incredibly nervous and anxious too. I've read so much online and seen so many dark lines on BFPs and mine isn't really getting all that dark yet.

Crazy lady alert, I know, as I'm still testing. But today's HPT (14 dpo) looks pretty identical to yesterday's at 13 dpo. I thought they were supposed to get a lot darker each day to indicate that the hormone is doubling and things are going well? I hope I'm overthinking this. My OB's office said to come in when I'm a week late for my period to have a blood test to confirm the pregnancy and I just feel like a ball of nerves waiting for that appointment next week.

If anyone has reassurance that it's OK for the test to look the same at 13 dpo and 14 dpo, I'd really appreciate it. Or any other words of wisdom for calming down the freak out that something may go wrong. TIA.

Congratulations! You're gonna be a mama!! ...you "crazy lady"  lol :) 

• Just stop peeing already. I know it's hard. But you have a CLEAR BFP. I see them gradually getting darker. 
  • Breathe. :) Those are beautiful tests. You're pregnant! Now put the pee sticks down.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • A line is a line no matter how dark - CONGRATS!
  • You ladies are wonderful, thank you for calming me down. Stepping away from the pee sticks now ...
  • First off, congrats!!

Second, it's totally normal to not see a dramatic difference in line darkness in just one day. So don't stress.

TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats on the BFP! Don't worry about the line darkness. It looks like a solid BFP to me!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats! You are pregnant! Those lines look just like mine did.
  • imageMotherMayEye:
    Congrats! You are pregnant! Those lines look just like mine did.

Thank you! Trying not to buy any more tests now. Having trouble controlling the worry ... just want everything to be OK. All the more reason to have lots of fun distractions this weekend to keep my mind off of the unnecessary worrying.

GL to everyone! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"