1st Trimester

Update to Light Bleeding

Ok, So last night before bed I had a light pink spotting. I woke up this morning around 530am and felt weird like I was about to start and had to pee. So, I went to the restroom and found I was bleeding a brighter red but, it only showed up when I wiped. I paged my dr. freaking out and she sent me to the hospital to get blood work done along with a rogham (sp) shot because they found I am o-. I have to go back Saturday and get more blood work to see if the HCG levels went up and not down. So we are now in waiting until Monday to see if everything is ok. I am still having some bright red bleeding when I wipe and now one little spot on my underwear along with some little flake looking things that are in the toilet when I urinate. I spoke with my neighbor who experienced a miscarriage earlier this year and she said I would know if I was actually miscarrying. anyone else experience this. It is so nerve wracking to have to wait 5 days to see if everything is ok. My Dr. didn't act like it was too bad and the nurse at the hospital didn't act like it was a big deal. Fingers Crossed! I am only 4 1/2 weeks and was thinking this past weekend when I found out that I was pregnant I was suppose to start. So, maybe my body just thinks I am still needing to have a period.

Re: Update to Light Bleeding

• No advice but I hope everything works out for you!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am beyond freaking out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Some women are known to bleed lightly in their first few months...and some don't even know they are pregnant because they mistake the bleeding for a period.
    You could be just fine...take a deep breath, and wait and see what happens over the next few days. Praying for nothing but good news!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Thank you so much! prayers are appreciated!
  • imagehsneed21:
    Ok, So last night before bed I had a light pink spotting. I woke up this morning around 530am and felt weird like I was about to start and had to pee. So, I went to the restroom and found I was bleeding a brighter red but, it only showed up when I wiped. I paged my dr. freaking out and she sent me to the hospital to get blood work done along with a rogham (sp) shot because they found I am o-. I have to go back Saturday and get more blood work to see if the HCG levels went up and not down. So we are now in waiting until Monday to see if everything is ok. I am still having some bright red bleeding when I wipe and now one little spot on my underwear along with some little flake looking things that are in the toilet when I urinate. I spoke with my neighbor who experienced a miscarriage earlier this year and she said I would know if I was actually miscarrying. anyone else experience this. It is so nerve wracking to have to wait 5 days to see if everything is ok. My Dr. didn't act like it was too bad and the nurse at the hospital didn't act like it was a big deal. Fingers Crossed! I am only 4 1/2 weeks and was thinking this past weekend when I found out that I was pregnant I was suppose to start. So, maybe my body just thinks I am still needing to have a period.

I don't mean to scare you, but your neighbor is wrong. You can have a miscarriage without knowing it. It is called a missed miscarriage, but bleeding does not accompany it. I had 2. With my 2nd I had the flake things like you are describing. I just had them last week as well, so I am praying this LO is ok. T & P to you. I hope everything is ok in your case and your baby is healthy. GL!! Keep us posted.

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

• well the bleeding has slowed down to barely. I guess we will find out..but yes, that freaks me out even more. I have to wait all weekend to find out something.
  • When I was 5-6 weeks I had light bleeding very close to what you described.  I had an ultrasound and I had a SCH, is very common esp.. early in pregnancy due to implantation.. Mine resolved and I have had no further problems.. It is good that the bleeding has slowed and there is no cramping. Try to stay positive.Smile
  • I'm going through something very similar.

Im supposed to be about 7 weeks. I started having light spotting on Monday which turned in to heavier beeline ending with a little clotting on Thursday and it hasn't stopped. It's like a regular period flow. I have no cramping at all. I called the dr and went to my first dr appt a few days early this Friday because I was concerned. They did ultra sound and no heartbeat, just sack. We suspect I'm not as far along as originally calculated. They did blood work on and I went in for a second round of blood work today and get the results tomorrow (Monday) morning. If my hormone levels increase, then things should be progressing and I'm just earlier than thought. If hormone levels don't increase, then there's a problem. I hate the waiting game, but I feel what you're going through. Keep us updated! I'm crossing my fingers for good new tomorrow. If not, I'm prepared for the worst... Good luck to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"