Stay at Home Moms

Would you...

give a used play kitchen to your LO for Christmas? I found a super expensive one in good shape on Craigslist and will save about $100 by buying it used. What do you think? Also, she will not get this big and nice of one brand new. 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Would you...

• Yes i would but i am a frugal fanny
  • I would rather make one that way it can be made they way she wants it. But I would buy one used before buying something super expensive
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Last year we found a used one while shopping with MIL and we liked it so she got it for DD. So yes, I would as long as it's in good shape!
  • of course!! it's still new to her!

I'm thinking of going to my sisters house and collecting some of her son's old trains to put in stockings here :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes! I buy a ton of stuff used and get some amazing deals. My rule is that as long as I can clean it and it is in good condition I go for it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    m/c at 13 weeks - March 23, 2011
  • imagejnjmommy0609:
    I would rather make one that way it can be made they way she wants it. But I would buy one used before buying something super expensive

Yeah, that's not what she asked. She asked...Would you buy this one used? 

• Yup. I have no problem gifting gently used items to my brats.

ETA - changed word order for clarification

Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Absolutely!!  "Santa" brought DD an art desk last year.  Little does she know, he shops Craigslist!  :-)  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Absolutely!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Of course. Most of what my kids get for gifts from us I get used (including our play kitchen)!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCnAmom:
    Absofreakinglutely!

yup

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Yep! I buy a lot of toys for DD (gently) used right now and will likely continue to do so until she's quite a bit older.

DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • I would buy it.
  • imageamy052006:

imagejnjmommy0609:
    I would rather make one that way it can be made they way she wants it. But I would buy one used before buying something super expensive

Um, WTF kind of specs can a 1.5 year old request on her play kitchen?  granite and stainless steel?

jesus, it is a damn play kitchen. 

bahaha! Well, this one has faux stainless steel appliances, so I should be good here!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yes, I love Craigslist!  I also shop garage sales though too.  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Heck yes. Most of E's big gifts will be used because it makes more sense to me. If it is in great condition, then why not?
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"