March 2013 Moms

Holiday cards

Does anyone else send out holiday cards?  I kind of want to send out a card that says something along the lines of "happy holidays from our growing family" or something that clearly indicates we are expecting again. We usually send the photo cards, should I just let the picture speak for it self?  Sign the card Me, Hubs, Kid, and baby girl?  Just say from the Blah blah family? (That's what we usually do) 

What are your thoughts?  I need some creative ideas since I've got nothing!  

Married, March 2010 
Honeymoon baby, Dec 2010 
Femara baby, Feb 2013 
BFP 11/11/2014 EDD July 23, 2015

Re: Holiday cards

• I like the line, "From our growing family."

DH wouldn't let me include "Baby Girl" on our Christmas card a few years ago before she was born. He didn't like the idea.

• Just please, PLEASE do NOT include an u/s pic on or in your holiday cards.  We got one last year from friends that had a collection of family photos, with the u/s thrown in there.  Even now, as a pregnant person, I'm super weirded out by u/s pictures plastered everywhere.

I like your idea of "from our growing family" - and maybe include a family pic where your bump is definitely visible.

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We always send out Christmas cards!  I love getting them in the mail and sending them out!

• I'm going to wear a bump hugging dress for our Christmas card pic.
  • I love the "growing family" idea. I started doing Christmas/holiday cards last year with DS and loved it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Growing family/bump pic is cute, but I personally wouldn't sign it from an unborn child.  I'm waaay too paranoid to do that.  I sign our names and aside from my tiny bump from old pics and DD1's big sister shirt, we won't mentioned DD2.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagesucrets4:
    Growing family/bump pic is cute, but I personally wouldn't sign it from an unborn child.  I'm waaay too paranoid to do that.  I sign our names and aside from my tiny bump from old pics and DD1's big sister shirt, we won't mentioned DD2.

I agree.

I've sent out Christmas cards for YEARS (even as a singleton)...so we will definitely be sending out cards again this year. We will take some sort of Christmasy family photo to make into a card and will send a newsletter along with it. I plan to show my bump in the photo but I won't be signing the card from the babe.

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • Thanks ladies!
    Married, March 2010 
    Honeymoon baby, Dec 2010 
    Femara baby, Feb 2013 
    BFP 11/11/2014 EDD July 23, 2015
  • Just another idea.....we are going to do our gender reveal through our Christmas cards - pink ribbon around my belly stating somewhere on the card that it's a girl! It's been fun already as people ask about our 20 week u/s and what we are having, we keep telling them, you will just have to wait for your Christmas card! It's driving everyone crazy having to wait, but will be fun when they open their mail in December.

I like the "growing family" idea and agree with being weirded out by u/s pics everywhere. Personally, I think the almost nude maternity pics are also very tacky to put online where everyone can see them, but I love a nice bump picture =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"