3rd Trimester

S/O underwear

What size nursing bras did you ladies buy to have with you at the hospital? I'm working on my hospital bag now and wanted to pick up a couple, but I'm not sure how to size them. Do I get the same size I am now or go slightly larger?

Re: S/O underwear

• I got mine a bit bigger because chances are your cup size will increase when your milk comes in. I didn't go too crazy buying bras though. Just 2 cheap ones, because I'm not sure what size im actually going to be when baby gets here.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 46808 845377924360 2036704678 n

WIMG950372 1

• I bought THESE and they're great IMO.  They're very forgiving for growing/shrinking.  I was an A or B pre-pg (depending on which pg you want to count) and I go up to about a D for at least a week or so, then drop back down to around a B for a while.  The bra I posted above worked pretty much for any size I was.  I used them for both pg's so far, and even though I'm still wearing pre-pg bras for now, I have them pulled out for after (I won't be BFing this baby, but my boobs won't fit in my normal bras for a while after).

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • I was never a fan of nursing bras because I could never find one that fit just right. I ended up using nursing tank tops 99% of the time. I have some cheap ones from Walmart but  my favorites are the Glamor Mom ones.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • My breasts never changed size, I wore the same bras throughout my pregnancy and the little I was able to nurse, I bought nursing bras in the same size I had been wearing.  I liked nursing tanks more, they were warmer and I felt less exposed.  I like wearing tank tops under shirts anyway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I bought two bras in the same size I wear. I'm barely a b, then a full b nursing. I loved tanks and wore them most of the two years I nursed. I used target and Walmart ones last time and now splurged on nice ones from Motherhood I use the old ones for sleeping. I also bought those in my regular size. I was only engorged a few days with dd1 and just two days with this one. So the tank was perfect for that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• With DS I went from a 36C to a 38DD so I am using that as a rule. I never went below a 38D after him so I have a 40 E now. I am wearing it right now and I have a little room left.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Slightly larger.  Have your boobs grown a lot during your pregnancy?  If yes, they will get even bigger when your milk comes in and you'll want a supportive bra. 
  • I plan to just use my nursing tanks until my milk comes in and gets established.  At that point I will have a better idea what size nursing bra to buy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just get a sleep bra (small, med, large, etc.) or a nursing tank for the hospital and then you can buy "real bras" when your milk comes in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'd only buy ONE for now.  And I'd probably buy something with a little give or one of the "sleep" nursing bras.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just talked to my nurse who was a lactation director before at my last MFM OB appointment.  I told her that I bought a nursing cami and will put in my hospital bag.  She told me to buy a nursing bra with one cup size up of what I'm wearing now. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"