Baby Names

William Jesse?

I am thinking of naming my son William but calling him Liam.  A lot of people have told me that that's a weird nickname for a William, but I like it because it's trendy and cute, but when he is ready to be a Will or Bill when he's older, he can do that.

I guess what I'm asking is... DO YOU LIKE THE NAME WILLIAM JESSE? Is it too traditional... I'm open to options!!

Thank you! Cool

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: William Jesse?

• I love William, but do not care for the nn Liam (far too popular for my liking). Jesse is NMS.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank you for your thoughts!! I'm sorry I'm new here! What is NMS?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It means Not My Style. There is a glossary wayyyy at the bottom of the page on the left hand side. Helped me a ton!

Great name by the way! 

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• imagealyssaames:

It means Not My Style. There is a glossary wayyyy at the bottom of the page on the left hand side. Helped me a ton!

Great name by the way! 

Thank you!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • like William, like Liam, like Jesse.... but somehow William Jesse makes me think Wild West gunslinger.... Billy the Kid and Jesse James maybe?
  • I think it's a fine name.  William (Liam) is NMS (not my style), but there's nothing wrong with it at all.  I like Jesse as a middle name, it's different without being weird. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagekaylynne:
    like William, like Liam, like Jesse.... but somehow William Jesse makes me think Wild West gunslinger.... Billy the Kid and Jesse James maybe?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagekaylynne:
    like William, like Liam, like Jesse.... but somehow William Jesse makes me think Wild West gunslinger.... Billy the Kid and Jesse James maybe?

lol too funny because they are both very much family names (my family is so country!).  I have a picture of a William Jesse Garth from the late 1800s with his pistol on his hip and his cowboy hat on, but Jessica is my sister and I want to tribute her!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I like the name Liam but have never been fond of William. Liam is it's own name but many people are using it as a NN for William so I don't think it could be categorized as weird. I like the name Jesse. Overall I think it is an okay name.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Love it. I have a William and we call him William, but as you said he has a lot of options for when he is older so to me, it is perfect. 
  • I really like William Jesse.  I really like Jesse.  I really like William.  Together, they're a great combo.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I think it's very cute.
  • I like William and Liam but Jesse is nms
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    We can't wait to meet our Blake Katherine!!
  • I love the name William it is also a family name for me as well. But i don't know about Jesse. What if you went with James. William James, or even Liam James? :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's NMS but if you like it go for it!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• LOVE William.  Liam as a nickname is fine.  I prefer Will.

Jesse is very much NMS. 

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• I think it's fine to use Liam or Will as a NN for William.

Not a fan of Jesse, and I don't like that it's so informal compared to William. What about William Joseph?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"