Trying to Get Pregnant

Need some advice

There's a chance I could be pregnant, but much sooner than I thought. It's kind of confusing, but my main question is this: When should I be testing? I know possible days that I could have gotten pregnant, however I haven't had a period since giving birth. I am almost 7 weeks postpartum from baby#1 (Please save any attack comments that it's too soon to be getting pregnant etc)

I have no idea if I ovulated and have not had a period.

Possible conception dates are Oct. 20, 24. Since then I had mild cramps for 3 days and more frequent headaches as well as increased discharge that seems more mucousy (sorry if tmi)

I did a hpt yesterday Nov 5, came back Negative. Could it be a false negative?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need some advice

• Can't tell people how to respond to your post. You don't know if you ovulated or when, you don't have a chart. We don't know if you are pregnant. Sorry
  • imageTaceyK:
    Can't tell people how to respond to your post. You don't know if you ovulated or when, you don't have a chart. We don't know if you are pregnant. Sorry

This!!!!!!!!!!!!
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Wait....you are only 7 weeks pp, no AF or cycle yet, and no confirmed O date, yet you think a pregnancy test could be wrong????

2 weeks from the last day of unprotected sex is reliable confirmation.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• We can't tell you when to test.  If you don't chart then you have on idea when or if you O'd.  Test once a week until AF shows, you get a BFP or reach CD60 then call your docter.
  • If you are getting BFNs you are not pregnant or else it is too early to get a +HPT. End of story. 
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • As I told someone earlier today.  You shouldn't test.  Ever.  A magic 8 ball is much better indication of pregnancy.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Wait a few days and test again.  Negative HPT = not pregnant at the moment 

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagenataliekristin:

There's a chance I could be pregnant, but much sooner than I thought. It's kind of confusing, but my main question is this: When should I be testing? I know possible days that I could have gotten pregnant, however I haven't had a period since giving birth. I am almost 7 weeks postpartum from baby#1 (Please save any attack comments that it's too soon to be getting pregnant etc)

Possible conception dates are Oct. 20, 24. Since then I had mild cramps for 3 days and more frequent headaches as well as increased discharge that seems more mucousy (sorry if tmi)

Probally not.

PS- I love your siggy pic. Too cute.

TTGP March Siggy Challenge
  • *facepalm*

We don't know if you are pregnant. We can't know if you got a "false negative".  

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• imagecurlylocks3:
    If you are getting BFNs you are not pregnant or else it is too early to get a +HPT. End of story. 

This.

What are you fishing for here, OP?  

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

• If you don't know when you ovulated, it could definitely be too early.  Or your body could still just be adjusting to post-partum.  There's no way to know you're pregnant other than a test - just keep testing once a week.  And use birth control if you're not actually wanting to get pregnant at this time, even if you're breast feeding it's not a sure-fire contraceptive, and neither is the fact that you haven't had a period yet - it's unlikely, but still possible, to get pregnant after giving birth even before you've had a period. 

Best of luck!

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• imagecoleann04:
    We can't tell you when to test.  If you don't chart then you have on idea when or if you O'd.  Test once a week until AF shows, you get a BFP or reach CD60 then call your docter.

Given the background OP gave, 7 wks PP, no period etc, I'm not sure this advice would apply....?

• imageKdgTeacher:

imagecoleann04:
    We can't tell you when to test.  If you don't chart then you have on idea when or if you O'd.  Test once a week until AF shows, you get a BFP or reach CD60 then call your docter.

Given the background OP gave, 7 wks PP, no period etc, I'm not sure this advice would apply....?

Ok thanks...ignore my advice! LOL

• imagenataliekristin:

A few things a) if you are worried about being pregnant now doesn't that mean you had sex before your 6 week pp check up? That's usually a no no.

b) you've already had a baby shouldn't you know when to friggen test since you are so willing to risk getting pregnant again so soon

if you aren't educating yourself on when you should even be able to test shouldn't you use a condom for awhile

• I'm confused. What makes you think you're pregnant? Mild cramps and headaches don't count, especially PP. Are you BFing? Using any contraception?

And no, it wouldn't be a false negative. It could be too early to test (unlikely), or you're not pregnant (likely).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• use protection.

Keep testing.

Call your dr.

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • imageKdgTeacher:

imagecoleann04:

Loving your numbers KDG!!

OP, we have no idea, oh and here's this:

ZHE GOGGLES!

BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • How do you know there's a chance you could be pregnant if you haven't ovulated and haven't had a period?  Basically, you mean you had unprotected sex before your first PP period?  If that's it, wait a few more weeks, then test.  And in the meantime, use a condom if you don't want to be pregnant.

You're 7 weeks PP - chances are pretty high that you aren't pregnant again.  Not impossible, but pretty good.

It's okay to want to be pregnant right away again (I was/am in that boat), but if that's the case, then be intentional about it.  Take OPKs to try to determine if you're ovulating soon. 

ETA: I wanted to be pregnant soon after my son was born (with my doc's blessing).  I didn't chart until I got my first PP period, then started charting again.  You could start charting now, but it will just tell you after the fact that you ovulated, which is at least some information.  Don't expect cycles post-baby to be the same as pre-baby.  At least they haven't been for me and I'm 6.5 months PP. 

• OP, you posted more than two weeks ago on 0-3 about having had sex already and possible being pregnant. If you haven't turned a test positive by now, you probably aren't pregnant.

I'm not even going to get into the fact that you had sex already. What's done is done. Hope you don't get an infection and use a condom if you don't want to be pregnant.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/69481238.aspx

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

• First of all your little girl is really cute.

You had unprotected sex - but you are still post-partum - you may have to test again for a couple of weeks just to be sure.  That said - are you breastfeeding?  That delays your cycle from coming back - I didn't get my period until 3 months after I had stopped breastfeeding my DS (its different for everyone).

Probably not a false negative - HPT are pretty accurate. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecruelsound:
    That big gaping hole in your uterus called, it said to stop shooting jizz up in it. She said she needs a long nap. Thanks.

LOL. I almost spit out my water.  

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• imagecruelsound:
    That big gaping hole in your uterus called, it said to stop shooting jizz up in it. She said she needs a long nap. Thanks.

....ded....

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• First, why do you think you're pregnant?

Secondly, after reading your post two weeks ago on 0-3 are you trying to get pregnant again?

• imagecruelsound:

Yes

TTGP March Siggy Challenge
  • imagecruelsound:
    LOLOLOLOL!!! omg, cruel!
    SQUIRREL!!!

• imageL&R70707:

Wait....you are only 7 weeks pp, no AF or cycle yet, and no confirmed O date, yet you think a pregnancy test could be wrong????

I thought you were supposed to abstain from sex PP for 6 weeks?! This makes my vag hurt to think about. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagecruelsound:

Haha this is cute!

• imagenataliekristin:

imagecruelsound:

Haha this is cute!

Hahaha. O.o uh, wut?

Then why don't you take her advice then?

Seriously, give you body a break. Be a responsible patient/ parent/ person and give your body time to heal. Side eying the shizz out of you for constantly trying to get yourself pregnant when you know you are not supposed to be doing so. 

O was born Aug 13!  <3 B.B.F.L

image Why,Yes! I HAVE missed you both!image

• imagePrimRoseMama:
    imageL&R70707:

Wait....you are only 7 weeks pp, no AF or cycle yet, and no confirmed O date, yet you think a pregnancy test could be wrong????

I thought you were supposed to abstain from sex PP for 6 weeks?! This makes my vag hurt to think about. 

Some doctors say that. Most do, I think.  My doc was okay with sex 4 weeks PP if we felt like it - depending on your birth experience and healing.  We did not.  We tried at 6 weeks PP - did not go well.  But each woman has a different experience. Took a couple more weeks til all was well.

• Just an FYI--when I went for my 6 wk PP check up with the OB she asked if we had had sex yet.  They were ok with us waiting 4 weeks rather than 6. Like Jeffsjayme said it depends on you and your healing.

• You may just not have gotten your first period yet I didnt get mine until 6 weeks pp...but if you dont want to be pregnant yet you should really get on some sort of BC. I agree that maybe giving you body a rest would be good...the thought of having sex 4 weeks after baby is painful!
  • imagekgoldsmith1023:
    You may just not have gotten your first period yet I didnt get mine until 6 weeks pp...but if you dont want to be pregnant yet you should really get on some sort of BC. I agree that maybe giving you body a rest would be good...the thought of having sex 4 weeks after baby is painful!

well if the hpt is negative then we are going to use bc and then ttc in January. Lol I dont know how you ladies go so long without sex. I understand the pain thing but not the drive aspect. Maybe its because I am young.

• imageanvloveskme:
    Gurlllll, give your vag a break!!!

I'm singing this in Demi Lovato's  Give your heart a break mode

Follow Me on Pinterest

formerly VXS

• imagebakes4u:
    imagenataliekristin:

A few things a) if you are worried about being pregnant now doesn't that mean you had sex before your 6 week pp check up? That's usually a no no.

b) you've already had a baby shouldn't you know when to friggen test since you are so willing to risk getting pregnant again so soon

if you aren't educating yourself on when you should even be able to test shouldn't you use a condom for awhile

Who says I have to do things your way... Excuse me for not being obsessed with educating myself on every detail of conceiving a baby. That's what these message boards are here for...to ask questions, get support, etc. AND to make it clear to you I got the green light at 4 weeks pp, everything healed, and I felt GREAT.

• imagenataliekristin:

imagekgoldsmith1023:
    You may just not have gotten your first period yet I didnt get mine until 6 weeks pp...but if you dont want to be pregnant yet you should really get on some sort of BC. I agree that maybe giving you body a rest would be good...the thought of having sex 4 weeks after baby is painful!

well if the hpt is negative then we are going to use bc and then ttc in January. Lol I dont know how you ladies go so long without sex. I understand the pain thing but not the drive aspect. Maybe its because I am young.

I'm not old. I just followed the instructions of my midwife when she delivered me that I should give my body a break for 8 weeks post partum. I had plenty of sex drive, and still do, but my goodness the risk of infection etc. was not worth it to me in the least.

Also, why wouldn't you want to educate yourself as to how your body works? That seems like willful ignorance to me and that is repulsive. Your posts are ignorant, petulant and annoying. Stop playing russian roulette with your body if you aren't ready to TTC. 

Ugh. Confused

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagePrimRoseMama:
    imagenataliekristin:

imagekgoldsmith1023:

I'm not old. I just followed the instructions of my midwife when she delivered me that I should give my body a break for 8 weeks post partum. I had plenty of sex drive, and still do, but my goodness the risk of infection etc. was not worth it to me in the least.

Also, why wouldn't you want to educate yourself as to how your body works? That seems like willful ignorance to me and that is repulsive. Your posts are ignorant, petulant and annoying. Stop playing russian roulette with your body if you aren't ready to TTC. 

Ugh. Confused

Thanks for your opinion! :D

• imagenataliekristin:

Who says I have to do things your way... Excuse me for not being obsessed with educating myself on every detail of conceiving a baby. That's what these message boards are here for...to ask questions, get support, etc. AND to make it clear to you I got the green light at 4 weeks pp, everything healed, and I felt GREAT.

No. We are not google. And we're not going to hold your hand and blow puppies and rainbows up your vajayjay.

Besides, the whole pregnancy test thing isn't rocket science. Negative test = not pregnant. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• imageCLECyclist:
    imagebakes4u:

So flipping tired of seeing people echo this bullshiz. Having a baby doesn't make you an expert on ovulation, cycles, babies, or anything else. Stop saying this crap.

im not saying any crap other than if she already had a baby once she most likely peed on a stick and knew to do it then she should probably figure it out now and i was also implying she should educate herself on everything since she seems so ready to risk getting pregnant again so soon

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"