November 2012 Moms

Anyone being induced??

I am tomorrow and I am so nervous, I can't believe I am done with my pregnancy and I will get to meet her...I also think the wrong scenarios and I get paranoid.....I will most likely not be able to sleep tonight due to the anxiety...

Who else is getting induced? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone being induced??

• At my appt Thursday we will schedule an induction for next week in the event the baby doesn't arrive on his own. I'm nervous too. I was induced with my first after my water broke and I didn't progress. Good luck!
  • Don't know yet . . .I have an appointment tomorrow.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." "Who doesn't LOVE candy?" Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have 2 kids and I remember once I got to the hospital with contractions I was at 2cm with one, and at a 3 with my other son, and I got pitocin on both and things were fine....but for some reason I am like a new mom with this pregnancy maybe because I waited too long to have another baby (6 years)....Im older and think on the negative scenarios, or possible C-sec, etc... etc...u know.

• Induction is the devil!!!

• For the PP .... you know people have different reasons for the things that they do so maybe you should not be so judgmental .... it may not be for you but you don't need to put others down just because you don't agree with them ... if you have nothing nice to say maybe you shouldn't say anything at all.
  • My due date is next Thursday and I am scheduled to be induced next Wednesday because there is nothing else available for a week after that!
    January Siggy Challenge June '15 Moms: Pinterest Fails

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have an induction date scheduled for next week, if baby doesn't make his appearance before then. I'll be 41 weeks and 1 day and my doctor doesn't want me to go any further. I too am nervous about long labor due to induction that could result in c-section etc...but I don't have much of an option unless I pull the baby out myself. 
  • imagenjlasalle:
    For the PP .... you know people have different reasons for the things that they do so maybe you should not be so judgmental .... it may not be for you but you don't need to put others down just because you don't agree with them ... if you have nothing nice to say maybe you shouldn't say anything at all.

Wow.  Hi.  You're new here and don't have a good guage on sarcasm and senses of humor on the board.  It's a joke because there are women who will respond inappropriately, mostly newcomers like you.

• Thank you ladies!! I will update you once it's over and yes I agree, some people may have different opinions, I am putting this post for emotional support not for someone to tell me BS.
  • Wow.  Hi.  You're new here and don't have a good guage on sarcasm and senses of humor on the board.  It's a joke because there are women who will respond inappropriately, mostly newcomers like you.

That is perfectly fine, but if you would ask or post something would you like a comment totally out of nowhere with nonsense response like induction is the devil? #1, what the hell did she mean? I didn't even get it, and the picture there I didn't get it either, I mean...Thank for the comment.

• imageutalledo:
    Thank you ladies!! I will update you once it's over and yes I agree, some people may have different opinions, I am putting this post for emotional support not for someone to tell me BS.

I know, girl.  Just go in with an open mind and heart.  Make decisions the best you can.  At the end of the day, all the hubbub will be less important with a new squish in your arms.  There are lots of things that can go wrong, but there are lots of things that can go right.  Here's hoping an easy L&D for you tomorrow!

• I was today and it went SUPER fast..I was also induced w/my 2nd baby and it was a good experience both times..try not to worry too much!
    Mommy of 3! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageutalledo:
    imageCandaceLeigh:

Wow.  Hi.  You're new here and don't have a good guage on sarcasm and senses of humor on the board.  It's a joke because there are women who will respond inappropriately, mostly newcomers like you.

That is perfectly fine, but if you would ask or post something would you like a comment totally out of nowhere with nonsense response like induction is the devil? #1, what the hell did she mean? I didn't even get it, and the picture there I didn't get it either, I mean...Thank for the comment.

Apparently you haven't seen the movie The Waterboy.  The mother (Kathy Bates) tells her son (Adam Sandler) everything is "the devil".  If you've read many of the debate posts about induction, there are women on this board that go over the top with how "wrong" induction is.  It's not mine or anyone's place to lecture you on your birthing choices, but unfortunately there are plenty of women on this board who seem to think so. I was merely poking fun at them.  I'm sorry that all of that was lost on you.  It was all in jest.

Best of luck to you on your induction tomorrow.

• Eek..I'm going in tomorrow evening to start my induction. I have been stuck at 2 cm and 80 and my dr doesn't let you go past 41 weeks. I also have a family history of going 2 weeks late, stuck at 2 cm, and needing to be induced...all were normal labor and deliveries so I keep reminding myself that, although induction is not my first choice, it will work out fine! Praying for smooth labors/deliveries for both of us!
    Our little man is due....November 9, 2012 The day I married my best friend....June 19, 2010 www.thebasics1.blogspot.com
  • I was induced both times. I liked knowing that in the am we would be starting the whole process and I could stop guessing each night if my water would break that night or not. Not that we are going to try for a third child...but I would get induced a third time.

With DD (in 2010) I had one dose of the gel in the am cause I was already 2 cm. That started the contrations within 2 hrs. They broke my water and started PIT after 6 hrs. I pushed for 2 hrs before they realized DD didn't flip and was sunny side up. I ended up delivering her that way (with no foreceps) after they started talking C/S.

With DS (Nov 2) they only broke my water at 9 am cause I was already 3. By 12:30 I was 5 cm and they started the PIT. By 1:30 I was 10 cm. DS's heartrate was dropping so we tried pushing. I delivered after only 7 mins of pushing. DS was delivered facing the right way this time.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagerdmitten:
    imageCandaceLeigh:
    imageutalledo:
    imageCandaceLeigh:

Apparently you haven't seen the movie The Waterboy.  The mother (Kathy Bates) tells her son (Adam Sandler) everything is "the devil".  If you've read many of the debate posts about induction, there are women on this board that go over the top with how "wrong" induction is.  It's not mine or anyone's place to lecture you on your birthing choices, but unfortunately there are plenty of women on this board who seem to think so. I was merely poking fun at them.  I'm sorry that all of that was lost on you.  It was all in jest.

Threadjack::: Candace, this isn't as much fun anymore. Too much like first tri now. I know they've got important things like outside LOs and all but our reg mommas need to come back.

Word, "red mittens".  Word.

• I'm being induced tomorrow as well! I have to be at the hospital at 7am. I know I'm not going to get much sleep at all tonight, I worry about everyythingg!

Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I go in tomorrow morning at 8am to start the gel!  I hear ya about being nervous,  I wish you the best of luck!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imageCandaceLeigh:
    imagerdmitten:
    imageCandaceLeigh:
    imageutalledo:
    imageCandaceLeigh:

Threadjack::: Candace, this isn't as much fun anymore. Too much like first tri now. I know they've got important things like outside LOs and all but our reg mommas need to come back.

Word, "red mittens".  Word.

why you so mean candace! geez. LOL. they just don't know who you are. if they choose to hang around, they'll get your/ our humor.

OP: i'm due next week but they won't let go any further than the 19th, so if she doesn't come on her own by then, i'll be meeting her on the 19th for sure! goodluck!
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I REALLY want to go into labor spontaneously, but I'm only a fingertip dilated and not effaced at all. We scheduled an induction for Thursday the 15th, at which point I'll be 41 weeks and 5 days. And probably certifiably insane.
    "Oh for sh!ts sake."- my 84 year old grandma. Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm heading in for my induction in ONE hour. Trying to relax, but super nervous.

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am being induced next Thursday! My fianc will only be in town from Iraq for 3 weeks so we don't want to take any chances of the baby coming late and him missing everything. It's my first but I am so ready to get her out and meet her.
    Good luck with your induction!
  • imageCandaceLeigh:
    imageutalledo:
    imageCandaceLeigh:

Candace, just for the record, it made me giggle. I know it's been talked about a billion times, but I still haven't figured out gifs. I can't do it on my work computer and I only have internet on my phone at home. Otherwise I would love to join in on the gifness. Point is, I appreciate your humor. :
  • I was scheduled to be induced with pitocin this morning. I came in last night for the placement of cervidil (it was supposed to stay in for 12 hours), but by 7 my contractions were so intense and close together that baby's heart rate kept dropping at the onset of each new contraction. They took out the cervidil with the intention of starting pitocin a few hours later. Well contractions kept coming, and I wanted to have an epidural-free, unmediated birth. The contractions were so bad that I requested a pain med that was supposed to "help me to not think of the contractions" and that was a lie because it did NOT make think of other things, and just made me feel woozy! I finally decided to get the epidural especially since they were going to start me on pitocin. By the time the anesthesiologist came in (about 30 minutes after requesting it) I had already been checked by the nurse and was fully dilated but my water still had not broken. The on-call doc was called and I had the urge to push. Water finally broke about 2 minutes before pushing. Baby was born about 25 minutes later.  Labor lasted about 4 1/2 hours and did not get anything for induction other than cervidil, and we have the most perfect baby boy. While the contractions from cervidil are not guaranteed for everyone, the doctor said that when it does produce contractions, it's similar to pitocin.  All in all, my experience while painful, was well worth it, and I was able to have my natural child birth.  I didn't think I'd make it, but I did, and if I did, then anyone can because I'm a complete baby when it comes to pain!
  • imagezockrockwife:
    I was scheduled to be induced with pitocin this morning. I came in last night for the placement of cervidil (it was supposed to stay in for 12 hours), but by 7 my contractions were so intense and close together that baby's heart rate kept dropping at the onset of each new contraction. They took out the cervidil with the intention of starting pitocin a few hours later. Well contractions kept coming, and I wanted to have an epidural-free, unmediated birth. The contractions were so bad that I requested a pain med that was supposed to "help me to not think of the contractions" and that was a lie because it did NOT make think of other things, and just made me feel woozy! I finally decided to get the epidural especially since they were going to start me on pitocin. By the time the anesthesiologist came in (about 30 minutes after requesting it) I had already been checked by the nurse and was fully dilated but my water still had not broken. The on-call doc was called and I had the urge to push. Water finally broke about 2 minutes before pushing. Baby was born about 25 minutes later.  Labor lasted about 4 1/2 hours and did not get anything for induction other than cervidil, and we have the most perfect baby boy. While the contractions from cervidil are not guaranteed for everyone, the doctor said that when it does produce contractions, it's similar to pitocin.  All in all, my experience while painful, was well worth it, and I was able to have my natural child birth.  I didn't think I'd make it, but I did, and if I did, then anyone can because I'm a complete baby when it comes to pain!

What a great story! Congrats!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i was induced on the 28th due to low fluids.  I was given 3 doses or cytocet (sp?) which is an oral med to start contractions... never got past that to the pit becasue they were doing blood draws and discovered i had low platlets and high enzymes each draw...so we ended up with a c section.... I have to say i'm GLAD we were induced, otherwise we wouldn't have know what was going on with my liver...my pregnancy was so smooth there was no cause for concern ill i started labor
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imagenjlasalle:
    For the PP .... you know people have different reasons for the things that they do so maybe you should not be so judgmental .... it may not be for you but you don't need to put others down just because you don't agree with them ... if you have nothing nice to say maybe you shouldn't say anything at all.

I agree 100% im so sick of hearing ladies *** on here!!! I went to my appt yesterday im 39 weeks and the dr said at my nxt appt if my LO is not here we will start talking about being induced..... I started crying as soon as those words came out of her mouth, this is the last thing I want to happ BUT if its what has to be done then im going to do it. I have been doing everything poss to avoid this. So next time before you start judging others stop and think about how they may be feeling first!!!

• imageedenis728:

imagenjlasalle:

I agree 100% im so sick of hearing ladies *** on here!!! I went to my appt yesterday im 39 weeks and the dr said at my nxt appt if my LO is not here we will start talking about being induced..... I started crying as soon as those words came out of her mouth, this is the last thing I want to happ BUT if its what has to be done then im going to do it. I have been doing everything poss to avoid this. So next time before you start judging others stop and think about how they may be feeling first!!!

Who are you?  Take your 16 posts and go home.  Find a sense of humor.  I've explained all this already.  If you can't handle the snark, stay off the board.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"