Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Baby girl part...

Yesterday I was changing my 6 month old daughters dirty diaper. While getting her all cleaned up with wipies, I noticed that her little girl parts were "stuck" together. The area looked a little red but she wasn't acting like she was uncomfortable. Not knowing what to do i gave her a quick soak in the tub thinking that it may help. It didn't... I feel like my husband and I both have been every good about keeping her clean and she gets regular baths. I know that this is something that has just happened b/c I would've noticed it before since she has regular diaper changes... I have been keeping petrolium jelly on her to keep the area moist, but do not know what caused this or what i should do. Is this normal? She she see her ped?

Re: Baby girl part...

• Call your ped.  She will need estrogen cream to help it come unstuck.  My DD had fused labia at her 6mo appointment, we had to use the cream for I think 10 days to get it unsealed.  Now we do Aquaphor a couple of times a day to keep it from resealing.  Let me know if you have any questions.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Thank you so much for responding! I'm calling her ped in the am. Your advice has made me feel so much better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"