Breastfeeding

Alternative supply booster

I am struggle with supply issues, and I am looking for some suggestions about alternative ideas to products with fenugreek seed in them. After an episode with projectile vomiting, there is a good chance my lo and I are allergic to it. I am allergic to lentils, which are in the same family, and I noticed I am having similar symptoms to when I have foods I am allergic to. It isn't a deadly send you to the hospital kind of reaction, but it is worrisome enough that I am going to stop using any products with fenugreek in them, which is unfortunate since it was helping with production. I currently pump at work, but I mainly feed from the breast at home. I have added pump sessions at home in between feeds to help as well. LO is currently just over 4 months old, and I am hoping to make it to six months if possible. Thanks for any help.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since 09/09 02/10-Irregular periods begin 05/10-BW results:no progesterone-possible PCOS/SA:normal 07/10-HSG-normal results 09/10-Round 1 Clomid-chemical pregnancy 10/10-Round 2 Clomid-ovulated early 01/11-Round 3 Clomid-BFN 03/11-RE 1st appt-official PCOS diagnosis 05/11-Round 1 IUI-Follistim injectables-too many eggs to trigger 07/11-Round 2 IUI-Folistim injectables-1 follicle-BFN 11/1/11-BFP Finally! (3 to be exact) 6/24/12-DS born

Re: Alternative supply booster

• What worked best for me was a really dark beer or yeast tablets (you can get at a health food store) if you don't drink.

• Have you tried the mothers milk tea? I'm not sure if fenugreek is in it, I'm pretty sure the main ingredient is fennel. Anyways it helped my supply a ton when I was on meds for mastitis! I've also heard oatmeal can help as well.
    100_7533(1) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Brewer's yeast is definitely something you can try. I've also heard that eating more pasta helps milk supply. Have you heard of malunggay leaves? I've heard of moms using that as well if they can't use fenugreek. It's supposed to help increase milk supply. I know you can get it online. Try favorsandflavors.net
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"