November 2012 Moms

When did you start drinking the Red Rasberry Leaf tea?

I'm almost 38 weeks and they are inducing at 39 weeks. I think they recommend it the last week or two of your pregnancy.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When did you start drinking the Red Rasberry Leaf tea?

• I'll be 37w tomorrow, but with my first two, my OB didn't even mention it until I was 39w... and then, I "scheduled" it for as late as she would let me go... about 9 to 14 days after my EDD. Both DS and DD were born the day after their due dates, so I don't know why an OB would recommend scheduling an induction before your due date...?

But maybe that's just me, I guess there are moms out there who prefer to schedule an induction rather than sit around and wait, wondering when labor might start...
  • I'm being induced because I have GD and am on insulin.
  • Loading the player...
  • Isnt that what they recommend to increase fetility? Thats what they have in my organic mommy to be tea. Its the first ingredient. I didnt know you could drink it to help labor along. Ill start drinking that stuff NOW lol

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers       AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• My understanding is (based on what my midwife told me) that it helps soften the cervix so you can begin dilating. Similar to the Evening Primrose Oil which I've been taking for a few weeks now.
  • I started about 5 days ago (36 weeks and a few days); my understanding is it just "primes" your uterus to contract (do it's job!) and that if you are already having contractions it may strengthen them. So far I'm only drinking one serving a day, I may step that up soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been drinking the tea every day since about 12 weeks pregnant.  The tea is believed to strengthen your uterus, as I understand it, and probably won't do much good if you introduce it when you're uterus is already contracting.

Edit:  I found this article:  https://www.pregnancy.com.au/resources/topics-of-interest/pregnancy/raspberry-leaf.shtml

I think you should do what your healthcare provider recommends.

• imageLaura_Elaine:
    I'll be 37w tomorrow, but with my first two, my OB didn't even mention it until I was 39w... and then, I "scheduled" it for as late as she would let me go... about 9 to 14 days after my EDD. Both DS and DD were born the day after their due dates, so I don't know why an OB would recommend scheduling an induction before your due date...? But maybe that's just me, I guess there are moms out there who prefer to schedule an induction rather than sit around and wait, wondering when labor might start...

It is just so the hospital has the paperwork on hand and ready to go in case you don't naturally go into labor before then. I have to fill mine out on Fri.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've been drinking an organic pregnancy tea (which included red raspberry leaf as an ingredient) the whole pregnancy and then switched to exclusive Red Raspberry Leaf tea at 36 weeks.  I also increased the amount I was consuming at that time.  Likewise, I also began taking evening primrose oil capsules orally at 36 weeks.

GL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Red raspberry leaf tea won't help you go into labor, it just helps to tone and strengthen the muscles of our reproductive tracts. It's great for women to drink anytime, pregnant or not. If you're trying to find natural methods of inducing labor, there are some good tips here: https://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/natural-ways-to-induce-labor.html

(Just promise me you'll avoid the castor oil!)

• imageauburnbride2be:
    I'm being induced because I have GD and am on insulin.

You're letting them induce you for that???  Are you not mom enough to give birth naturally to a 15 lb baby???  Sheesh.  Everybody's taking the easy way out these days...  Kids getting epidurals and c-sections and inductions and whatnot...

• I'll be 37w tomorrow, but I started drinking the RLT today.
    Isabella Sophia Tudorica - November 24, 2012
  • I started the tea @ 36 weeks & Evening Primrose Oil @ 37 weeks as per my midwife.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"