April 2012 Moms

? for April moms who live near beach...

Hi Ladies! Im due April 2013. Im a FTM and was wondering if any of you brought the baby to the beach or pool this past summer? Or did you feel the baby was to little still? Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: ? for April moms who live near beach...

• I took the babies to the pool July 4th (3.5 months old) and in the ocean mid August (almost 5 months).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We took DD there at 3 weeks old. I limited time on the actual beach, we had 2 umbrellas and one of those spf tents, and dressed DD in light pants, shirt, hat. We were cautious of the reflective rays and hot sun.  (And I cleared it with the pedi).

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
    DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
    DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac
  • Loading the player...
  • I took her to the pool one day, just so I could go in, not her. She was in a bathing suit because it was ridiculously hot. I put a towel over the stroller, thinking it would help keep her cool, but (stupid me) she ended up with beads of sweat on her! LOL. I learned my lesson. Remember that babies can burn from the reflection of sand and the pool and other things, even if they are actually in the shade (this happened to DD at daycare). Congrats to you!!!
  • Thanks ladies! I guess Ill talk to Pedi and use my common sense. Im a beach person and we have a pool. Just didnt want to be that one crazy person!

IAmPregnant Ticker

• I took DD in the pool on our ranch/resort vacation in the beginning of August when DD was almost 4 months old.  She wasn't a huge fan of the outdoor pool because the water was a little cold.  She seemed to like the indoor pool a little better because the water was like bathtub temperature.
  • I took her to the beach at Memorial day, and to the pool in mid-June, I think she was 10 weeks then, and probably 7 at Memorial Day.

I didn't take her in the water, I kept her in the shade in a bouncy seat. She didn't last very long, but she did take a nap at both I think. I was too nervous to take her in the water, esp. the pool with all the chemicals. Also you aren't supposed to put sunblock on them until 6 months, so it's just about keeping them covered up, but not too hot. By the time she was 6 months it was October so we just kept her in the shade the whole summer.

• We live a mile from a few  beaches. I have walked to the beach with her and the dog many times. Maybe once or twice I took her in the ocean. She didn't seem to mind the cold at all, (and the water is frickin FREEZING Here) but since suncreen isn't recommended for them when they are very young, I wasn't comfortable with it and was constantly paranoid she'd get burned even though she was only in the sun for a few minutes.

I'm not really a "sit at the beach all day" person anyway. We do have a little baby tent type thing, "lil nursery" so maybe you could get one of those if you do plan to be at the beach? 

We had her at a lake more recently and that was really fun, the weather was cooler, she was older, and she really liked the lake water. Plus I love lake water so I could hang out in there with her, without shivering my ass off. The ocean is very cold here.

• We took DD to the beach over 4th of July for a little while, very little while. My family wanted me to take her to our family beach day when it was 90+ out, I did not do that. I also played with her in a pool over the 4th of July.
  • We went to the beach several times. We bought a tent that zips up so he could hang out in there, nap or look up at the sky though the bright colors. Once they learn how to flip over and maneuver, it's all bad, lol - so as much as you can in the summer :)

We didn't do the pool until about 5mo b/c we were told not to do sunscreen until around then. 

Bring a hat with you always! 

TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
    DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

• Went to the pool several times but he didn't really enjoy it til he was 5 months.  And only if it was shady but really warm water.  Went to the beach, but didn't get in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"