April 2012 Moms

Baby Schedule

What does your baby's daily schedule look like? How much sleeping does LO do?

Ours:
5am Wakeup/ Bottle
7am Nap 1
8am Bottle
10:30am Nap 2
11:30am Bottle
2:00 Nap 3
4:00 Bottle
7:00 Bottle/ Bed

It seems like a great schedule except waking up at 5am stinks! I've tried pushing back bedtime and it's still wide awake at 5am.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Baby Schedule

• Ours does not really include much napping.

5-6am wake up BF

7-7:30 wake up for the day

BF again if I am going to work

8am breakfast (oatmeal and fruit)

10-10:30 bottle or BF

Nap? maybe? 

12:30-1 BF

Nap? maybe?

3:00 bottle

5pm BF

6-6:30 nap

7pm dinner veggies

8:pm night routine

8:15-8:30 nurse to sleep 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 6:30 wake up

7:00 Bottle

8:30-9 cereal with fruit

10:00 Bottle

10:00 Nap

12:15-12:30 Veggies or fruit

1:00-1:30 Bottle

2:00 Nap (maybe)

5:30-6:00 Veggies

8:15-8:30 Bath, bottle, and bed

LO doesnt nap much either :(  DS probably drinks 23-30 ounces a day. How much does yours drink? I think it is decreasing to avg 25 a day due to starting solids.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I leave for work to be here at 6 so I can't be sure. Right now, due to the time change it is this:

4 am or so: wake up to breastfeed and then go back to sleep.

6:30 ish. (use to be 7 or so) : wake up.

8am: cereal with breast milk and fruit

9-10 or so: nap

12: veggies or fruit (attempt at liquids)

1 or 2: nap

3pm: I come home...she wants to nurse so I do it.

4 or slightly later: dinner : meat ones with veggies or whatever is in them

6pm: bath and then nurse

7: bedtime (she is tired so she usually cues this herself)

She sometimes needs to nurse in order to fall asleep. I do this because she isn't drinking milk with my husband. She only gets it at breakfast, so her waking up in the middle of the night really doesn't bother me. I just do what I can so she gets her calories.

Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 5:50-6:30 wake up and nurse

9:30 nurse and 30 min nap

11:30 nurse

1:30 nurse and 30 min nap

3:30 nurse

5:30 nurse and 30 min nap

6:30 oatmeal

7:00 bath

7:30 nurse and go to sleep

2:00 nurse

4:30 nurse 

• imagechelle7707:

6:30 wake up

7:00 Bottle

8:30-9 cereal with fruit

10:00 Bottle

10:00 Nap

12:15-12:30 Veggies or fruit

1:00-1:30 Bottle

2:00 Nap (maybe)

5:30-6:00 Veggies

8:15-8:30 Bath, bottle, and bed

LO doesnt nap much either :(  DS probably drinks 23-30 ounces a day. How much does yours drink? I think it is decreasing to avg 25 a day due to starting solids.

My LO takes about 30 oz of formula with 1 or 2 servings of solids. She used to take 35oz everyday. 

• Am I the only one who doesn't have a schedule? She goes to bed at the same time every night but that's all i've got!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageTrudyCampbell:
    Am I the only one who doesn't have a schedule? She goes to bed at the same time every night but that's all i've got!

DD made up her own schedule. She pretty much does it on her own. She gets up at the same time everyday, which means she eats at the same time and then naps around the same time.

Does your lo sleep on the go or in the stroller? Mine doesn't anymore and if we skip that last nap she's a bear by dinner. So now I make sure she gets that last 2 hour nap.
  • Nope.  She kinda does things the same way... Until you realize it and then she does something different.
  • 6am wake up

6:30 or 7am bottle

asleep by 9 until about 11am (unless she's at DC where she doesn't sleep...)

11am bottle

Nap 12:30 or 1 for about an hour or 2

2pm ish Bottle

5pm veggies

6:00 bedtime begins, asleep by 6:30. 

• It definitely varies.  Today:

7:00 Wake up and nurse

8:00: oatmeal and fruit

9:30 Nurse to sleep and nap

11:30: Nurse, Veggies

1:45 Nap

2:20 Nurse

4:30  Nurse 

4:40 Tried to get her to nap in the car during errands, but it didn't happen

5:30 Meat and veggie or fruit (today it was apples and chicken)

5:45 Bath (not part of night time routine)

6:30 Nurse to sleep

I expect her to wake up 1-2 times before she'll be up for the day tomorrow.

Sometimes her morning nap is short and her afternoon nap is long---those are the best days and occasionally both naps are short and I can get a third one out of her at around 4. 

• She gets usually between 6:30 and 7. Has a 5oz bottle and then we head to daycare. There she eats about every 3 hours and has a fruit pur?e mixed with oatmeal around 9. Naps are all over the place. 

We get home around 6pm, she naps, has a bottle, bath and bed around 8:30. Sometimes the bedtime varies due to her length of nap. Today I gave her a veggie pur?e and am hoping to start doing this nightly. 

I really don't have a schedule but on the weekends she naps about every 2 hours and then eats about every 3 hours.  

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Between 5:30-6:30 wake up

7am nurse

8am oatmeal & fruit/veggie

9:00-10:30 nap

11:00 5oz breastmilk (daycare)

12:00 oatmeal & fruit/veggie 

1:00-2:30pm nap

3:00pm bottle 

5:00-5:30 car nap on the way home from daycare (or walk in stroller if the weekend)

5:45 oatmeal & fruit/veggie

7:00 nurse to sleep (bedtime 7:30).

Of course, the nap length varies...wish he would consistently sleep as long at home during the day as he does at daycare... 

• imageFlipFlopGirl32:
    imageTrudyCampbell:
    Am I the only one who doesn't have a schedule? She goes to bed at the same time every night but that's all i've got!
    DD made up her own schedule. She pretty much does it on her own. She gets up at the same time everyday, which means she eats at the same time and then naps around the same time. Does your lo sleep on the go or in the stroller? Mine doesn't anymore and if we skip that last nap she's a bear by dinner. So now I make sure she gets that last 2 hour nap.

Mine won't sleep anywhere but his crib either! makes it harder to go places b/c he will get so fussy. On average he naps about 4hrs/day. 9am, 11:30am, and a longer one at 2pm. bedtime is at 7pm these days

TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
    DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

• imageTrudyCampbell:
    also

We also don't have a schedule. He gets up at the same time every day, because I nurse him before leaving for work. He goes to bed around the same time every night. Everything in the middle changes from day to day. It's also completely different based on who he's with. On Mondays, DH has him, and they have a fairly consistent schedule. Daycare (T-F) days are all over the place, so I always have to look at that paper when we get home to see when he ate last and how long he's been awake (doesn't help when they don't fill out the last few hours though).

Weekends with me, he's on a completely different schedule again and will comfort nurse himself sick some days. Most days he gets a lunch (BLW) at daycare, but it's never at the same time. Most nights he eats dinner with us unless his sleep schedule doesn't allow it, but again, that's not always the same time. Throw a bath in there, and everything is messed up! We just kinda go with the flow over here!

Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageTrudyCampbell:

This for me too!  He goes to bed at the same time every night but that's about it!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Now that she is in daycare she has slightly more of a schedule but still not really.

One day last week she took two naps of two hours each. Then another day she took two twenty minute naps.

She goes to bed between 8 and 9pm. I wake her at 630am to nurse before I leave. She used to go back to sleep but this week, not happening since Daylight Savings. Hubby drops her off at daycare about 830am.

Then it might be like this-

9am yogurt
    10am bottle
    --- nap
    11am 2 cubes of mush
    1pm bottle
    --- nap
    2pm 2 cubes of mush
    4pm bottle

it can change based on her naps or her demand for eating. Yesterday she wouldn't eat her bottles and only took 2 - 2.5 ounces of each meaning half what I sent was thrown out Crying

At the weekend there is no schedule. I cross my fingers she'll sleep in until 730 or so, then I just nurse whenever and offer bits of food in between. Daycare won't do BLW therefore at daycare she has only purees and yogurt, at home I don't normally spoon feed her purees.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"