Single Parents

Just want to get it off my chest

so I will post here about how aggravated I am at the fact that XH's child support for September was 25 days late and I have yet to see October's payment.

I checked his FB to see where the hell he's been and why he's flaking on his commitment. There were pictures (it was public/not private) of him and his gf vacationing in Maui, looking tan and going to all kinds of extravagant places. Angry

If he's late on checks or misses more than 3 payments, can I do something so that they directly take it out of his paycheck? I know each case is different, but anyone have any experience with this? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Just want to get it off my chest

• Omg, I would be SO pissed!!! I'm not much of a help, and don't have any experience in CS matters, but you have my full moral support to do whatever necessary to endure you get your checks on time, regardless of his vacation status. Geeze Louise!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My X went 7 months without paying CS. He racked up over $1500 in back support for not paying. He's the kind of person to blow off responsibilities. Anyway what you can do is consitantly call your case worker on a weekly every other day ect basis. The more you call the more the case workers take notice of your case and the easier it will be for your X to have a felony to deal wth(first he'll go though losing his license and such). He should have it taken out of his checks but theres nothing other than harrass your case worker that you can really do.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • I would call the court house on Monday and ask what to do about missing payments. Usually there is a form to fill out. In my state the judge ordered the support to be directly taken out of the paycheck during out hearing. 
  • In my state I know they won't do anything until the beginning of the following month after the payment is missed. Once that has happened then all I have to do is go to the child support office and file contempt. They then will do the paperwork to get it garnished. I think it's 3 months of late payments then it goes on perminite garnishment.
  • Thanks for the help, ladies. I'll do something about it tomorrow morning.
  • I didn't know you could really do much about it. I didn't get a cent of CS until recently, I started getting small percentages of what I should be getting. Now, I just found out XH quit his job. I think I'm screwed. But do I call the court house, or human services?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just filed for garnisment right off the bat.  I'm waiting for the first check so I can catch up on stuff with the kids.  Sorry you're going through this! :(
  • imageAriana2O11:

so I will post here about how aggravated I am at the fact that XH's child support for September was 25 days late and I have yet to see October's payment.

I checked his FB to see where the hell he's been and why he's flaking on his commitment. There were pictures (it was public/not private) of him and his gf vacationing in Maui, looking tan and going to all kinds of extravagant places. Angry

If he's late on checks or misses more than 3 payments, can I do something so that they directly take it out of his paycheck? I know each case is different, but anyone have any experience with this? 

I'm not sure how it is handled from the court side, but I work for a payroll company.  We do a lot of company's payroll, and the way garnishment is handled is, an order from the court has to come to the employer.  It is then the responsibility of the employer to provide us with the order of garnishment, and then typically it is garnished the very next paycheck.  Employers don't usually hold on to those and immediately hand those over, so we can get it into effect as early as possible. 

Hope that helps!

• yes, it does.  I didn't know this. Thank you so much Big Smile
  • Im sorry your gonig through this as well.  IT SUCKS when your child cant depend on  parents support.  my ex is thousands behind in CS.  you can have his wages garnished, i do but he doesnt stay at a job long enough for me to get any payments.  I have learned to find a way to live off what i make and not depend on anything from ex.  If i get any cs its an added bonus.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"