High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD Test

My doctor only did the 2 hour test...drew blood after fasting, at 1 hour and at 2 hours.  They said I failed by only 1 point.  They didn't retest, just labelled me with GD.  Has anyone not had the dr test a 2nd time?  This is my 3rd pregnancy, and I have never had GD before.  I just think it's unusual to not retest when I failed by 1 point.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GD Test

• Options

Pass or fail, being that you tested that close it is a good idea for you to be on the GD diet anyway.

SK
  • Options
    my doctor didn't even do the 2 hour for me, i failed both my A1C and my fasting by 1 point each, and they labeled me... i fought it at first, but then decided it was probably best for baby regardless.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesstaton1:

Pass or fail, being that you tested that close it is a good idea for you to be on the GD diet anyway.

This. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Like a PP said, I never even got to the 2 hour test.  I was diagnosed based on my A1C at 9 weeks that was 5.7.  This is not even considered pre-diabetic when you're not pregnant.  I was annoyed and angry.  I didn't have GD with my first pregnancy.  So, I thought I would check my blood sugars 4 times a day like they said and prove to them that I was just fine.  Well, my sugars were not fine and I am now on meds.  So, I'm grateful that they caught my GD.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"