Babies: 3 - 6 Months

taggies or lovies safe?

Are these safe? Which do your LO's prefer? Are they meant for them to chew on? To sleep with? Sorry FTM here..
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: taggies or lovies safe?

• I just started letting my LO nap with a lovie but he hasn't seem to taken to it yet.  When my DD was about 6 months old I started letting her sleep with a lovie and she still sleeps with it each night and she is 5 years old.  They are a great comfort sleep aid if your LO becomes attached to one.  They tend to get chewed on if you let your infant have one too.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Do not put anything in the crib with your baby. It is not safe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DD has been sleeping with an Aden and Anis blanket since she was 3 months. She can't sleep without it now. It's kinda cute :)
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • I know they say nothing in the crib with baby. But my 7 month old has a monkey & a taggie if one or both are not in bed with him forget it he is not going to sleep. He rolls all over the place & can push up on his arms so we have no fear he will suffocate on them. He pulls the taggie under his face & holds the monkey by an arm, leg, or the tail & goes rt out most times. I went & bought 2 more taggies just like the first & we switch out on a regular basis so 1 is always available for us. Plus we never leave home without one of the 2 items.
  • We took away the pacifier from my DD1 around 4 mnths old. Around 6 months old, she was moving around her crib.. and during sleep one night she found a pink stuffed elephant all the way on the other side of her crib.. I heard a sucking noise-- went upstairs and she was asleep sucking on the tag of the elephant.. so needless to say I knew she found comfort in it. Her little taggie blanket is VERY small.. maybe like 7 by 7 inches square and she loved it. She used it to comfort her by rubbing the tags, and sucking on them as well.

She just turned 3 and that thing goes everywhere with us. She is slowly learning that she can only have it when she is sleeping or sad/hurt.. but thats it. For us, it was an awesome lifesaver that is perfectly safe- Per our pedi.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we have both im dying to give Lilah but shes so vomitty I dont want to do more laundry

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"