October 2012 Moms

I hate Aden Anais swaddle blankets

They have way too much "give". DS always manages to work his way out of them no matter how well I wrap him.

Does anyone have a decent swaddle blanket they like? I actually loved the material the hospital receiving blankets were made of, but they aren't big enough for swaddling my big baby.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I hate Aden Anais swaddle blankets

• I love the A&A swaddle blankets, but my guy does work his way out of them. However, he also has worked his way out of the SwaddleMes and the Halo swaddle sacks too. *Shrug* just figured he wanted his hands free. 
    DS1 : 10/2012
    Due with B/G Twins July 2015
  • I use the swaddle me things but you could buy fabric from a craft store and cut to the size you need.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • The miracle blanket is pretty good.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I love A+A blankets, but not for swaddling. The Miracle Blanket is the best swaddler for our LO. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker A true Tiger
  • I got some from target made by Carters. They are nice because they arent to thick but are big enough to last a while. We also went to Joanns and bought material, cut it the size we wanted, and it works perfect!

• I really liked the Wombie for DS1, when he was bigger and fit in the "mega baby" size.  I got the newborn size for DS2, and although I still love it in general, it seems like the part that goes around the neck is really small, and it almost seems like it's choking him, even though it's not really...either that or he just has a really big neck.  I also like the SwaddleMe, though there's more room for user error, and LO could potentially break out of it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDottyBlue:
    They have way too much "give". DS always manages to work his way out of them no matter how well I wrap him.

I'm so glad someone else is having this problem. I love how soft the bamboo A+A blankets are but my LO works her way out of them every friggin night and then wakes up crying and flailing no matter how tightly I swaddle her. I thought I just didn't know how to swaddle correctly and didn't consider that the blanket was to blame.

Time to break out the other blankets we were given and maybe look into this Miracle Blanket people are talking about! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagealyson686:
    I really liked the Wombie for DS1, when he was bigger and fit in the "mega baby" size. nbsp;I got the newborn size for DS2, and although I still love it in general, it seems like the part that goes around the neck is really small, and it almost seems like it's choking him, even though it's not really...either that or he just has a really big neck. nbsp;I also like the SwaddleMe, though there's more room for user error, and LO could potentially break out of it.nbsp;

This!
    imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • Does not compute... I adore my AA blankets! LOL

DD breaks out of all blankets. AA, SwaddleMe, Carter's brand. AA is the softest and coziest so I stick with those.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • We have just about one of every type of swaddle and I like the halo with velcro wings best. Though they are so annoying to wash, but the velcro keeps her from breaking out. I also like the halo's for swaddling her with arms out, she really likes to sleep with hands at her head, and I let her nap like this a lot. They wrap easily under the armpit. 

The Miracle blanket I also like, love that it has no velcro and she sleeps soundly arms down in it, though I don't always get the leg part positioned correctly and will find a gap after swaddling her up. 

DH likes the swaddleme's and it is nice that they allow her to be strapped into her various seats. He always puts her in the swing on his watch, so I think that's why he prefers these.  

• Under the nile organic swaddling blankets.  Amazon sells them - I think I pay around 25 for them.  I've used them for two kids and they are amazing!

https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Cotton-Swaddle-Blankets-Pack/dp/B000Y3PTM2 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemrs.ike:
    Does not compute... I adore my AA blankets! LOL

DD breaks out of all blankets. AA, SwaddleMe, Carter's brand. AA is the softest and coziest so I stick with those.

This. The rare times I can get C to accept being swaddled, it has to be with an AA blanket.
  • Try a different swaddle technique, I learned one on you tube. Search the escape proof swaddle. the A+A blankets are great for this swaddle.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We love the Halo swaddle sleep sack.  LO can get her hands up by her face - but she likes them up there anyway.  The Halos are the only ones that she can't get out of completely.  Any blanket swaddle is no good for overnight.
    my read shelf:
    Erika's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Oct Angel Babies Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"