Stay at Home Moms
Options

winter coat

I was wondering what kind of winter coat you recommend for my 15 month old.  I am looking for a winter/warm jacket for everyday use (not just for being outside).  I have heard you aren't suppose to have your child wear heavy coats while in a carseat?  I'm at a loss on what kind to get! If you have any you like-please share!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: winter coat

• Options
    I've always done the 3-in-1 coats for my kids. They can wear the fleece alone or with the jacket. In the car, they wear the fleece and we just put the jacket part on when we get out of the car.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

imagelindac1:
    I've always done the 3-in-1 coats for my kids. They can wear the fleece alone or with the jacket. In the car, they wear the fleece and we just put the jacket part on when we get out of the car.

This is what I am doing too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, winter coats and car seats don't mix, glad you know that! That makes me happy! You can get a fleece. Or you can get a winter coat, and have them take it off every time you get in the car. That's what heat and blankets are for in my car! So they can stay home and not get sick, but also stay safe! We keep snuggles in the car and like I said, warm up the car before getting in as well as keep blankets in there. My three year old has a winter coat and a fleece. My 20 month old has a fleece from old navy that PP mentioned, and Kyden we just throw blankets on.
    Casey (25) married to Ryan (25) since 9/28/07 Parents to: Gavin Briar 7/6/09 Lyla Britton 2/19/11 and Kyden Berkley 9/28/12
  • Options

This is the {boy version} of the coat DD wore from 1-4 probably. I LOVE this coat. They come in all sorts of colors and no matter what you can get at least two seasons out of one size.

https://www.bestdressedchild.com/saprbatoboro.html 

• Options
    imageCherryblossoms07:

imagelindac1:

This is what I am doing too.

Same here. They are fantastic. DD has one from Lands End that she wore last year and will wear again this year. Well worth the $. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    m/c at 13 weeks - March 23, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"