July 2012 Moms

Extreme Cheapskates

Thanks TLC for becoming the freak show channel. Holy Shiiit these people are crazy. I am allllll for saving money, but goat heads for dinner and peeing in a jar to save money on the water bill is just too much.

Anyone else watch this show?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
What just happened in my diaper?!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Extreme Cheapskates

• I've never watched this one but the extreme couponing show's piss me off so bad. Who the hell needs 90 bottles of mustard in one shopping trip? Thats just plain out greedy. Thats why I can never get anything on sale because of all the extreme wannabe people out there..grrrrrr!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• No but after your glowing review I'm totally looking that up on my DVR.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagereinedecajun:
    I've never watched this one but the extreme couponing show's piss me off so bad. Who the hell needs 90 bottles of mustard in one shopping trip? Thats just plain out greedy. Thats why I can never get anything on sale because of all the extreme wannabe people out there..grrrrrr!

True story here...

I went to the local flea market and there were people who were selling their couponing stash. So instead of their 87 mustard jars they bought for 10 cents sitting on the shelf for ever, they were selling them for a dollar. I was so mad!!!
  • imageRTaylor12:
    No but after your glowing review I'm totally looking that up on my DVR.

Do it!!! Such a train wreck, you can't turn away!
  • GUYZ I dont have cable!!!! Just netflix...it's not on there yet Sad   I sware im hooking my direct tv back up now that im home!

• imagereinedecajun:
    GUYZ I dont have cable!!!! Just netflix...it's not on there yet [:]nbsp;nbsp; I sware im hooking my direct tv back up now that im home!

Sad face. I couldn't give up cable. Just can't. do. it. Lol

I would absolutely have to have cable if I was a SAHM
  • imagejfresh:
    Yep. Those people are cray cray. I'm very frugal so I figured I wouldn't be that surprised at what I saw...wrong!I'm watching the one with the Asian woman right now, holy crap.nbsp;

She's about to go dumpster diving!
  • I am suddenly very glad my father does not have access to this show. He was too cheap to pay for a gondola ride in Venice [Italy] when we went on a family holiday. A show like that would just give him more ideas.
  • imageDeniseRN:
    imagereinedecajun:
    GUYZ I dont have cable!!!! Just netflix...it's not on there yet [:]nbsp;nbsp; I sware im hooking my direct tv back up now that im home!
    Sad face. I couldn't give up cable. Just can't. do. it. Lol I would absolutely have to have cable if I was a SAHM

After 4 months of netflix and hulu this has become my realization!!!!!

• imagereinedecajun:
    I've never watched this one but the extreme couponing show's piss me off so bad. Who the hell needs 90 bottles of mustard in one shopping trip? Thats just plain out greedy. Thats why I can never get anything on sale because of all the extreme wannabe people out there..grrrrrr!

This, and everything they buy on that show is totally unhealthy. Great, you got 20 bags of Doritos and 3 cases of Gatorade for 10 cents. Call me when it's fresh produce. Yuck, gluttony!
    imageimageimage
    married 8.9.08
    jackson thomas. 8.9.12

• imageSunshineLady6:
    Holy crap I found it on Amazon. This guy seriously reuses paper towels.

And floss!
  • imageDeniseRN:
    imageSunshineLady6:
    Holy crap I found it on Amazon. This guy seriously reuses paper towels.

And floss!

Uh vomit! Floss???? Bleh

• I haven't seen that show but I have watched the couponing show. Those people break all of the couponing rules/laws on the show and the store looks the other way. They never talk about how much the people pay to get all of the coupons. One lady said she spent 36 hours prepping for a trip that saved her 400. She most likely could have earned that much or more if she spent the time working. Then she could have gotten a healthier assortment of groceries. There is one guy that has been on the show mote than once that donates everything to charity. Other than that it is digusting what people buy. I made the mistake of watching a marathon one might and I couldn't sleep my head was spinning so bad. Lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelizwindersonRN:
    Just seeing the preview of this show made my stomach turn a little. And as a RN I have seen some pretty gross things! People amaze and disgust me! I'd rather be dirt poor than try to save a dime any of the ways these crazies do!

Same here! I work in an outpatient setting and have patients for months at a time.

This one very well off couple told me they used to have a circuit they did on the weekend where they would go to random furniture stores and warehouse stores, like Costco, and have free lunch. Lunch was hot dogs, popcorn and various samples.

They had a huge house and a Lincoln navigator
  • I saw the first episode of this show..the lady that holds up her 15 year old shorts with a paper clip and dumpster dives is my fav. Toward the end when her 'friends' left her apartment, I suddenly felt bad for making fun of her for the whole show
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagereinedecajun:

imageDeniseRN:
    imagereinedecajun:

This is my life... pretty sure it's why I've been losing my damn mind!

• imageSallySunrise:
    imagereinedecajun:

imageDeniseRN:
    imagereinedecajun:

This is my life... pretty sure it's why I've been losing my damn mind!

Do it lol! My Hs pro cable arguement is "we don't do anything fun like go out to bars anymore, so TV is our main entertainment source." Sadly he's right
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"