Babies: 3 - 6 Months

best way to get rid of eczema?

just noticed my baby girl has a bit of eczema on her legs and i was wondering for those of you who have dealt with this, what did you find worked the best to get rid of it?

Re: best way to get rid of eczema?

• Our LO has it bad behind her knees, inner elbows, under her neck, behind her ear and under her armpits. We started out using Aquaphor at the pedi's suggestion. That worked okay but we still noticed a lot of redness here and there.  We then started using Babyganics Eczema cream with 1% colloidal oatmeal and that really helped.  But it wasn't until we stopped using the Johnson's Lavendar Baby Wash and began using the dye and frangrance free (yellow bottle original Johnson's) that it cleared up almost completely.  LO has it so bad it looked like it was oozing and then crusting.  It was always shiny and red and just looked angry. Now it's just a little dry and solely use the babyganics. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelaurenhankey:
    Our LO has it bad behind her knees, inner elbows, under her neck, behind her ear and under her armpits. We started out using Aquaphor at the pedi's suggestion. That worked okay but we still noticed a lot of redness here and there.  We then started using Babyganics Eczema cream with 1% colloidal oatmeal and that really helped.  But it wasn't until we stopped using the Johnson's Lavendar Baby Wash and began using the dye and frangrance free (yellow bottle original Johnson's) that it cleared up almost completely.  LO has it so bad it looked like it was oozing and then crusting.  It was always shiny and red and just looked angry. Now it's just a little dry and solely use the babyganics. 

Again, thanks for the response! I also realized that I think the lavendar Johnsons baby wash was what started her skin irritation. I switched over to the Johnsons natural recently and using coconut oil instead of baby lotions to see if that will help. If not I may have to try the eczema cream. 

• Loading the player...
  • Aveeno Baby products! We use the wash followed by the unscented Aveeno lotion. It is much milder than Johnson's. Make sure everything you use is unscented.

We also use Noodle and Boo ointment at pedi's suggestion. You can Google it. It's great!
  • Cetaphil to wash and then Vanicream or eucerin lotion twice a day . Worked perfect. Even tho it's gone I'm still putting it on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO has eczema. I was told to stop using all products with fragrance on him.  I was also told no soap and to use a free and clear laundry detergent.

I use Johnsons Natural lotion and Aveno Eczema therapy lotion.  Since doing that his eczema has cleared up!

Good luck!

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Really love Aveeno Eczema!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"