December 2012 Moms

My daughter was born 10/27. Due date: 12/06

Well, Just got home today. Unfortunately. Leaving the hospital without my daughter was heartbreaking. But she'll be in the NICU for a few weeks. I live an hour away from the hospital, and my car has been broken, SO. I'll only be getting down there once a day on other peoples schedule to get her my breastmilk. It all started last Thursday. I turned 34 weeks pregnant, had a regular OB appt, stress test and ultrasound as I had been every week since 32 weeks when my blood pressure randomly became high. I was put on bed rest when I was 32 weeks, and for a while that helped the problem. 33 weeks, my blood pressure was still high, got put on blood pressure medication. 34 weeks, even on the blood pressure medication my blood pressure was extremely high. I got admitted to the hospital for 24 hour observation. Felt fine when I went in, expected to leave the next day and be back on bed rest. All of a sudden, blood pressure gets worse, epigastric pain, liver is starting to overwork and im being rushed in the ambulance to a bigger, more equipped hospital for induction. I got induced early Friday morning, long day, long night, next afternoon at 12:17 pm I gave birth to a tiny 4 lb 5.8 ounce, 17.75 inch baby girl. Didn't get to hold her, dad didn't get to cut the cord. She was taking right out of my site and I didn't get to see her until around 7 that night. :( Not how a mother pictures the delivery of her baby at all. She is tiny, shes is beautiful. She has a long road ahead of her in the hospital but she's doing alright! Today she left the nicu and is now in the "continued care nursery" which is like one step up from the nicu. She has alot of challenges still. She desats alot, she only eats breastmilk from the bottle on occasion alot of the time she has to be tube fed. She has bradys. She just got out from under the jaundice lights. and today is her first day trying to keep up her on temp instead of being warmed by the isolette. Having a baby in the nicu is the hardest thing I have ever had to go through. its something you cannot even imagine until it happens to you. She's already overcome alot, but still has along ways to go. I hear some babies born at 34 weeks and get to go right home! that definitely is not the case with her, shes got a few weeks. But they have been great. I never imagined i would have a premie. Thank you "Severe preeclampsia"
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My daughter was born 10/27. Due date: 12/06

• You are being really brave, and she sounds strong! Congratulations and although I'm sorry to hear it wasn't the entrance into the world you wanted for her, I'm so glad she's here and growing! Stay strong and your tiny miss will be home with you soon.
  • Best wishes to you both, and I hope babe is in your arms, and home, very soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations on your little girl, sorry it wasn't how you pictured your labor going. Hopefully she'll get to come home soon!
    and i thought i loved you then <3<a href="http://daisypath.com/">Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Missed Miscarriage discovered at 9w6d
    D&E 10.27.2011
    I'll love you forever Baby Speck Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • First off, I want to say congrats on your baby girl. Second, I am right there with you, sweetie. My twins were born at 34w2d, just 2 days before your little mama. Mine are also inconsistent eaters and have a lot of apneas and bradys. If you need to talk to someone, you could PM me. Sounds like we are going through the same thing. Love and strength to you and your LO.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My prayers and thoughts go out to you, but congrats on your daughter.
  • Me too!  You and your baby girl are in my thought!  Hugs!
  • imageyinyang124:
    First off, I want to say congrats on your baby girl. Second, I am right there with you, sweetie. My twins were born at 34w2d, just 2 days before your little mama. Mine are also inconsistent eaters and have a lot of apneas and bradys. If you need to talk to someone, you could PM me. Sounds like we are going through the same thing. Love and strength to you and your LO.

Congrats to you too!  I think I missed your post.  You and your twin babies are in my thought as well!  Hugs! 

• I can't imagine how scary that must have all been! I'm glad you and your baby are okay! Sending good thoughts and prayers your way! Hopefully she will be home with you very soon!!
  • So sorry to hear that you went through so much and your baby has to stay at the hospital. She is in the best place and it sounds that she is growing and is doing well. Get some rest at home so your body can recover and be ready for her when she gets to come home! Congrats momma!

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm glad everyone is doing well now. Congrats on your little girl. I hope she has a short stay and is able to come home soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! I know it wasn't as you'd imagined, but they got her out safely. I also have a LO in the NICU. I gave birth Oct. 20th at 32.5 wks. He's been there for 13 loong days. It IS one of the hardest things ever. But, it's comforting to know that the baby is getting the best care that he or she needs. I hope that your daughter's NICU stay is as short and smooth as possible.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• My twins were also born at 34 weeks and it is so hard, isn't it? My baby boys are doing well but leaving them in the care of Nicu at the end of the day is one of the hardest things I've ever done.

Still, 34 weeks is a pretty great number. We know that our little ones are most statistically likely to have great outcomes and in a year, I bet we won't even be able to tell that they had a rough start! 

Good luck - also, post in the preemie board. They have been helpful to me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Congrats on your baby girl!  Thoughts and prayers are with you and her.  I hope you can bring her home soon.  I couldn't imagine how frustrating this may all be.  Just know that soon enough you will have your daughter home with you.  Hang in there. 
  • Congrats on your baby girl! My prayers are with you and baby so that she continues to do better and can go home soon with you. I can only imagine how you must feel, it's not what we plan our birth would be like but I am glad she is doing good and I am sure she will continue to get better ;)

• Hang in there mama! She sounds like she's doing great for a 34 weeker! Little girls are fighters, and she'll pull through.

Stay tough. And congrats on the birth of your little one :) Keep us updated! 

Our Little Lady
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Avery - 8.2.07 | Asher - 5.12.10 | Audrey - 11.28.12

• Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl, even under those circumstances.

You are not alone in your experience. I had my LO at 29weeks, 6days on September 25th and he has been in the NICU since. I had to have him via emergency c-section and he was due to Pregnancy Induced Hypertension (reading your hospital stay... that was me). 

Take a visit over to the Preemie board. Wealth of information and experiences there. 

• imageorinjuse:
    Best wishes to you both, and I hope babe is in your arms, and home, very soon.

Well said! 

• Congratulations! T&P's she will be home with you soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Congratulations momma! Praying for your sweet little one. Hopefully she'll be in your arms soon enough <3
  • Praying for you both!  She sounds amazing and like a strong little lady!  I too am on bed rest and 32 weeks on Monday.  I have "preeclampsia" but without the constant high blood pressures, my body is reacting as though I have high blood pressure which has been reflected in my elevated labs.  I'm so sorry you went though this and that it is not the way you pictured your labor to go, that breaks my heart!  However, you have shed new light to me that just because I feel fine and my blood pressure is okay, my Dr. has me on bed rest for a reason and I need to listen (I'm not the best at the whole bed rest thing).

I have no idea where you live but if you need anything let me know!  Even if you just need someone to vent to!

Hope you are holding your beautiful one soon!

• Congratulations and thinking of you and your babe's health in the upcoming weeks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"