West Virginia Babies

VBAC friendly doctors?

I realize there isn't much activity on this board, but can't hurt to ask!

I live in the Eastern Panhandle. Martinsburg, Winchester, and Hagerstown are the closest major cities to me. I have an appointment at Shenandoah Community Health on Halloween. I'm not sure if they or the hospital they are affiliated with is VBAC friendly, but I'm REALLY hoping for a VBAC. Anyone have any information?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: VBAC friendly doctors?

• Sorry I am no help! I live clear on the other side of the state in Point Pleasant!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • You are probably exactly where I'd wanna be. My family lives in Lewis County and I just like it down there so much more than here. lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am even farther west than that. I am in Mason County. It borders the Ohio River! I see we are on the same birth month board as well. I hope your family in Atlantic City stays safe. They will be in my prayers!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagekaleyandjason:
    I am even farther west than that. I am in Mason County. It borders the Ohio River! I see we are on the same birth month board as well. I hope your family in Atlantic City stays safe. They will be in my prayers!

aw thank you! The Jersey Shore was destroyed and they're looking to get hit again. My family is safe, but my brother lost his house and everything in it. He and his wife have a 4 year old and a baby coming in 4 weeks. It's a tough time and I'm praying they can rebuild the coast quickly. A lot of memories were washed away this past week. Very hard to swallow.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also live in Mburg. I am praying for a VBAC next time around too. I am not preggo right now though. WVU East does not allow VBACs currently. I believe you need to seek care in Winchester.
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• I live in Huntington. It is good to finally see some other moms and moms to be on here from the state though. I was beginning to think I was all alone. Have you all sound any resources for Lamaze other than the hospitals. It sounds like their class is just an all around baby care class.
    Roll Tide Baby BabyFruit TickerBabyName Ticker
  • I suggest checking with Jefferson maternity. Linda Keeling is the midwife there. Good luck.
  • imagemairforcewife:
    I suggest checking with Jefferson maternity. Linda Keeling is the midwife there. Good luck.

I already asked Jefferson Memorial...they do not allow them either. Maybe we can do VBACs at a birthing center and I know you can do an HBAC with your midwife. You cannot currently deliver at any of our local hospitals by VBAC. I still think you have to seek out a midwife or an OB that admits to Winchester.

• I am taking a class at the Birth Center (through Family Care) in Teays VAlley. They have a doula that teaches the class. It is based on Bradley methods and other things that actually work during labor. I would highly recommend looking into this helpful class taught by Debi.
  • imageArdmhs83:
    imagemairforcewife:
    I suggest checking with Jefferson maternity. Linda Keeling is the midwife there. Good luck.

I already asked Jefferson Memorial...they do not allow them either. Maybe we can do VBACs at a birthing center and I know you can do an HBAC with your midwife. You cannot currently deliver at any of our local hospitals by VBAC. I still think you have to seek out a midwife or an OB that admits to Winchester.

Scratch that....only Hagerstown at Meritus Hospital will VBAC in our Berkeley Co, tristate area.

• City Hospital in Martinsburg is now doing VBACs! Only some drs will do them though, not all OBs in the area.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"