April 2012 Moms

Kissing

Random. Do you kiss LO? Does LO kiss people? Do you kiss your SO every day?

I grew up in a very non-kissing house. My parents never kissed each other and definitely not us. So it skeeves me to kiss on the lips, and I don't do it to Micah. I'll give him 4,263 kisses on his cheek each day though. I think he's started kissing back, but it's open-mouthed and usually on my nose. DH and I don't kiss much either, and it made me think. I find kissing so incredibly weird, but I'm weird, too.

Do you kiss? 

Micah Leonard
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Kissing

• I only kiss DH on the mouth. His family kisses on the lips still and it creeps me out. My family doesn't kiss much outside of children and romantic relationships. I give DD and DS lots of kisses, but never on the mouth.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dh and I are kissers. We only kiss each other on the lips. We kiss DD a million times but aim for the cheeks. There have been a few times she's moved and I got her lip and it was wet. Yuck! I grew up in an italian household and we kissed on the cheeks hello. Since I've moved out, I don't see the older generation so no more cheek kissing! Yay! I hated it anyway.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I kiss DD anywhere :) Everything about her is just so cute. I avoid the mouth mostly just because of her spit. lol. DH and I kiss everyday. Usually just a lot of quick kisses, but they are very meaningful. I don't kiss my family or his at all. I think that is strange. We really aren't even the hugging type. DH and I hug everyday though too.
    A - 4/27/12     D - 7/14/14
  • I kiss DD allll over! I love kissing her on the mouth- i'll say 'kiss me on the buzia!' (my fam is polish- buzia means mouth). mostly i aim for her top lip, bc she'll open her mouth really wide when I go in for a smooch. DH and I don't kiss all that much- I'd actually like to kiss more, but he's not too into it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I kiss S everywhere including his mouth, I don't find it strange I kiss my nephews on the lips too. I kiss my parents on the cheeks. DH and I kiss a few times a day.
  • I cant believe people dont kiss their kids on the lips!!! DD gets millions of kisses and most on the mouth. yes she gives kisses! and Dh and I kiss a lot. i dont think he likes kissing anyone but me, but i kiss friends and family!!!!
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We kiss on the lips in our house.  We give kisses when DH leaves in the morning and when he comes home in the evening.  I kissed my parents on the lips when I was little, but I don't remember exactly when we stopped.  They kiss on the lips in front of us kids all the time.  DH's mom still kisses her sons on the lips and I do think that's a little weird.  But I also can't imagine not kissing my son, so maybe I'll understand when DS is 27.  I don't think that MIL has ever kissed me, even on the cheek.
  • My family kisses on lips. Dh family kisses on the cheek. I kiss the boys on the cheeks, mostly because they are slobbery. My mom says the boys kiss her on the cheek, but they always turn their head when I try to get them to kiss me on the cheek. 
  • I come from a non-kissing affectionate family too. I kiss L all the time - cheeks, neck, ears, everything but her lips. DH and I kiss but usually not everyday but I would say it's more than half the time we kiss goodnight. And I am talking a peck. At this point L doesn't kiss anyone but everyone is always kissing her.

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • I kiss LO about 80,000 times a day. I kiss her on the lips sometimes, but will only do that when she's really little. She kisses me back too; big openmouthed kisses on my cheek. Lol. I kiss DH a lot too, mouth and cheeks.
  • DH and I kiss a lot, every morning, when we get home from work, when we go to bed and in between. We both kiss DD like crazy, I have kissed her on the lips a couple of times. Neither DH or I kiss our families, I do think that is weird. I also kiss my pets, a lot on the forhead.
  • I kiss DH on the mouth but...no tongue I get find tongues repulsive. I don't kiss Julian on his mouth because it's usually slobbery, but I have before. I wont be kissing his mouth once he gets a bit older. One time I attacked him with smoochies and he full on palm to face slapped me....I don't think he likes kisses lol!

I a lso read somewhere that you shouldn't force kids to kiss people (like aunts or uncles or other people) if they don't want to because I guess it teaches them that love is only shown threw physical contact. IDK how accurate it is but I think I can probably agree.

BabyName Ticker}
  • I kiss her a lot, but not on the mouth (at least I don't aim for the mouth, sometimes it happens).

I don't kiss my family at all. That would be really weird to me, to kiss one of my family members haha! I mean, we all get on great and love each other, but we are huggers not kissers.

I kiss my husband but more like like just a kiss on the lips, not a "make out/tongue" kiss. If we had a proper kiss, he would then want sexytime! haha

I also don't like the tradition of kissing people when you see them. I feel like a hug is invasive enough, then it's like ... what is this, a hug-kiss or regular hug? Because it looks like they are leaning in a bit towards the face... but I'm not sure.. oh what to do... lol. I am weird. I prefer a nice handshake! No confusion there! Although.. sometimes handshakes do turn into handshake-hug. Which is also annoying. Gah.

• imagelaurack:

I kiss her a lot, but not on the mouth (at least I don't aim for the mouth, sometimes it happens).

I don't kiss my family at all. That would be really weird to me, to kiss one of my family members haha! I mean, we all get on great and love each other, but we are huggers not kissers.

I kiss my husband but more like like just a kiss on the lips, not a "make out/tongue" kiss. If we had a proper kiss, he would then want sexytime! haha

I also don't like the tradition of kissing people when you see them. I feel like a hug is invasive enough, then it's like ... what is this, a hug-kiss or regular hug? Because it looks like they are leaning in a bit towards the face... but I'm not sure.. oh what to do... lol. I am weird. I prefer a nice handshake! No confusion there! Although.. sometimes handshakes do turn into handshake-hug. Which is also annoying. Gah.

Middle Eastern culture you have to kiss on each cheek......so AKWARD! You totally get called out if you skipped kissing someone too.

BabyName Ticker}
  • When I was growing up, we were given tons of kisses. It was also disrespectful if we didn't kiss our relatives on the lips - it's how my Mom was raised, and her dad, too! So, I constantly kiss Athena all over her cheeks, and her mouth when she's not trying to attack my face when I kiss her - lol. DH and I kiss every day on the lips. Anytime either of us leaves the house, and before bed, and randomly when we feel like it. I also tell my family I love them - a lot! I also still kiss my adult family every time I see them, hello and goodbye. Not on the lips now, though, because that would creep me out... though, I did kiss my grandfather on the lips until the day he died.
  • I kiss LO probably 752 times a day, his cheeks are just so squishy and kissable and he thinks its funny when you kiss his face. but I do not kiss his mouth  primarily because it is usually slimey with drool.

N does not kiss really but he will try to eat your face.

I kiss my fiance at least three times a day everyday. he always kisses be before he goes to work, when he comes home and before we go to sleep.

Growing up we didn't really kiss a whole lot but you always kiss goodnight (on the cheek or forehead, i never kiss(ed) my parents on the mouth) and you always say I love you before going to sleep or leaving. It's morbif but if that is the last time you see that person you want to make sure the last thing they hear you say is that you love them.

• Yup, we're a kissing family. I kiss DS1 on the lips, because he kisses back. DS2 usually gets kissed on the cheeks or neck. DH's family is a kiss on the lips to everyone, which I had to get used to.  I've got his mom to do a cheek kiss, but his grandma still insists on a mouth kiss.  It took a while, but I finally got used to it.  Thank goodness his dad doesn't do it!  My mom kissed me on the lips when I was little. 
  • I smootch DS all over. He grabs my face and chews on me and laughs. Today he would roll towards me and I'd smootch on him and he'd laugh then roll back away to play with his toys then roll back to me- on and on it was so cute.

I've always kissed my parents and still give a kiss and hug when I say bye to them. Our friends all give hugs when we see each other especially if it's been a little while. I love affectionate people. 

• I didn't at first, but yes, I kiss her on the lips now. I used to kiss my parents on the lips and I know my dad started kissing me on the cheek long before my mom did, but I'm not sure when for either of them. I always kiss them good bye.

One time I went to kiss my MIL on the cheek and she turned her face to kiss me on the lips, it was awwwwkward.

My H's not much of a kisser, but when we kiss it's on the lips, unless I'm headed to bed and he's playing a game, then it's a cheek kiss.

-------------------------------------
  • We are a kissing family.  I kiss all my girls!  My older girls get a kiss before all departures, and one for goodnight.  Little E gets kissed everywhere from me!  I've even kissed her cute little tush a few times! 

I grew up with my mom who gave us tons of kisses as little babies and I think I was 12 when I stopped giving her kisses good night.  I still give my mom a kiss on the cheek to this day and I'm 28 years old.  It's just what we do to show love.  Call us weird, but it's normal for us.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't think it's weird to be a kissing family. For me, it would be weird because my family has never been a "kissing" family. It would be weird if a family had never been a kissing family then one person decided to start kissing everyone on the lips all the time haha.

We may become a kissing family though, going by the amount of times I kiss LO per day. I can't resist, she smells so good and her skin is so soft, I especially love kissing her head during MOTN feedings.

And I've kissed her little bum! it's so cute!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"