2nd Trimester

Meal After Baby (For Fun)

After I have my child I would LOVE some sushi . Excuse me. I mean like 3 platters of sushi LOL. I would also like a large fruit smoothie.

What would you ladies want for your first meal?

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image image image image

Re: Meal After Baby (For Fun)

• imageKrystalD7:

why can't you have a fruit smoothie? Hmm

I want a ice cold beer. I'm classy like that. 

Everytime I have one now,  I throw up ..sucks :/

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • I was thinking the same thing about the smoothie. I want steamed crabs and shrimp with tons of old bay and a cold cut sub :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageImaniJ55:
    imageKrystalD7:

Everytime I have one now,  I throw up ..sucks :/

Ah that sucks! maybe you will be able to have one later in the pregnancy :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't really refrain from specific foods while pregnant, but I ALWAYS look forward to the bad ass Chef Salads my hospital has on their room service menu. They are SOOO good. That will without a doubt be my first after baby meal.
    *Julie* Wife to Micheal and mama of 5, soon to be 6!* Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagemrsjjohnson2010:
    I would love to have a nice glass of Sangeria! I have a bottle chilling waiting to be popp'd lol

Ths. 

• imageKrystalD7:

I'm classy like that too. But since I plan on breastfeeding and pumping and dumping is too much work, I'll settle for this Beer

• Cabbage rolls and a black iced tea lemonade!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I've told DH I want a salami sandwich (I've been avoiding lunch meat).

• imageAnne Mommy:
    imageKrystalD7:

I'm classy like that too. But since I plan on breastfeeding and pumping and dumping is too much work, I'll settle for this Beer

Straight from my Lactation Consultant AND Pediatrician: "Pump & Dump" is a waste of time & effort. The alcohol will naturally metabolize our of your system, breastmilk included... just as it does your blood. The general rule is 2hrs per alcoholic beverage, if it's a strong drink.

• imageAnne Mommy:
    imageKrystalD7:

No need to pump and dump, but I can understand not wanting to drink right away because LO needs to latch whenever he/she needs. 

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagesucrets4:
    imageAnne Mommy:
    imageKrystalD7:

No need to pump and dump, but I can understand not wanting to drink right away because LO needs to latch whenever he/she needs. 

Definitely a good point. I've also read on kellymom that it is recommended that breastfeeding moms refrain from alcoholic beverages until their LO's are at least 2mos old, both to establish a good routine & supply and to give LOs liver some time to mature in case any alcohol does hang around in the milk longer than expected.

• Last time DH went to the grocery store and got me some nice bread and smelly unpasturised cheese yumm!! I hope he does the same this time!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Mmmm sushi!

I also want a nice glass of raw milk. And some wine.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The only no no food I eat is cold cuts, I don't drink, and don't like seafood, so there really isn't anything I'm looking forward to that I can't have now. After DS we got Chinese from our favorite place, with a nice big fountain diet coke (I'm a diet coke addict lol). It was perfect!

I had DS at 1231 pm, so they brought me a lunch tray, it was taco salad. Ewww, definitely not what I want right after giving birth. I looked at it and said to DH, you're going to have to get me something edible lol

• I want a fricken cheese burger! Do you thibk food aversions go away immediately after birth. I sort of doubt it but I'm hoping!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Our hospital offers a steak dinner for you and your spouse the evening after baby arrives. I hate steak! 

I will definitely be wanting something spicy since it's not an option right now with this horrible heartburn! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagejahjbmr:
    I want a fricken cheese burger! Do you thibk food aversions go away immediately after birth. I sort of doubt it but I'm hoping!!

i don't know... I think sometimes they stick around. Used to LOVE sushi, but while I was pregnant with DD I had an aversion to it. To this day, I could take or leave it (and prefer to leave it). Very sad, because it was something DH and I used to love! Now it's just his love. 

• I had pad thai.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Sushi.  We just moved and my favorite sushi place is now an  hour away, but I better have some of it in my room ASAP.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• In the hospital? I will probably have a chocolate shake and Chick-fil-a just like I did w/ DD (I don't deprive myself of many foods for pregnancy reasons). At home? Hehe, I'll take steak, a baked potato, and a glass of red wine..... I MISS WINE!!!!!!!!!!!! If we can't find a deal on steak, I'll take pizza and a St Arnold's Spring Ale (a local brewery here). Hey...beer is good for your milk supply if you time it right! ;-) I'll really want the steak & wine, though, b/c w/ DD I tore pretty bad and was anemic from losing blood so the extra iron did WONDERS for me when I got home!

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34
  • Yes, +1 on the sangria!  A whole pitcher full.  We went out for a nice Italian dinner this week and I was so bummed when I saw they had sangria on the menu... and I couldn't have any :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had DS late at night so my first meal was Wendy's :)  Not my pick but not much else open.  I didn't eat much of it b/c i felt sick.  This pregnancy I've been on a major lunch meat kick so I would say I want an Italian hoagie!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • All I want is a nice big fat medium rare steak!!!

• Entry fee to see my baby at the hospital will be a footlong (yes I WILL eat all 12 inches even though I used to only get a 6") Turkey sub with provolone on italian herbs and cheese from Subway loaded with veggies and with ranch dressing.

Then a side of a spicy salmon roll (can't have due to it being raw) and a rainbow roll - ditto on the rawness.

Then I would LOVE to wash it down with either an ice cold Guinness or a similar but better craft beer from Right Brain Brewery in Travers City...

Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagejvaeth2012:

All I want is a nice big fat medium rare steak!!!

This!!!! ::drools::

• Sushi and a glass of Pinot Nior

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am with you on the sushi. I told my husband he will be bringing me a spicy tuna roll while I am in the hospital :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• A wedge salad with tons of bleu cheese crumbles on it and a huge margarita!
  • A lot of sushi and tuna sashimi, our sushi joint offers "sushi" where the seafood is cooked but its just not the same, bring on the raw mmmm

• Definitely all the raw fish sushi I can eat and at least one hefty glass of wine.
  • The bloodiest rarest steak ever and a good bottle of red wine. Nom.
    Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • Ooo and a fire crunch roll from my favorite sushi place Big Smile
    Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • We had a bonfire last night to kill time with no power (got it back last night after a few days without, but thankfully that was pretty much the worst Sandy did to us) and bonfires are usually a beer (missed Shipyard's Pumpkinhead so badly this year) and a cigarette event for me, so I feel the one cigarette, lol. I quit a pack a week habit right before finding out I was pregnant.

I don't abstain from much and I haven't had many food aversions, so there's nothing I want that I can't sate now if I wanted to... BUT my favorite thai restaurant is literally 20 feet from the hospital's parking lot and they have amaaaazing pad thai and chicken satay. In a perfect world, my favorite Indian place (which is in Japan, go figure) would magically deliver and I could have creamy chicken korma and cheese naan, because that's the one food craving I've had really bad that I can't quell because I can't just stop by Japan on the way home from work lol :)

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • I have clearly instructed my husband that, while I'm in the hospital, he is to bring me a chilled bottle of Chardonnay and a plate of spicy tuna rolls. He keeps laughing when I say this, like he thinks I'm kidding or something.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Mmmm, sushi and wine. California rolls just aren't cutting it.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • A seared ahi tuna salad and a glass of chardonnay.  Unfortunately - I may need to fly to Hawaii to get the ahi - which may ain't happening any time soon.  But the chardonnay should be easy and I can settle for albacore.
  • After having DS, there was a regular old turkey sandwich waiting for me when I got moved from the delivery room to my recovery room.  I'm not really into plain old sandwiches but that was the best sandwich I had ever had- I was so starved at that point!!! 

Past that point, I kinda eat whatever I want right now (I don't eat raw fish in general, so other than that, I don't really limit myself).  I guess I'll be looking forward to a cold beer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"