1st Trimester

sick with first and not with second?

I had horrible morning sickness all day long for months with my first baby. So far in this pregnancy I have no side effects other than being extremely hungry and peeing all the time and getting a little emotional at times. Is it normal to not get any sickness the second time around? Or maybe its because the first was a girl and this is a boy?... :) any thoughts would be appreciated!

Re: sick with first and not with second?

• I'm the opposite. I had nothing with DD#1, and now with LO#2 I am nauseas all the time, and I find myself being super clingy to DH and I am waaaaaaay more tired than I remember being last time, too. So, it is possible to be different each time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Im the opposite too. With my DD first tri was a breeze. With her, I had no MS but had sore boobs, tiredness, constantly peeing etc. But this time around, I constantly crave salt, feel nauseous all the time, and am exhausted. My head is in a fog -- feels like the worst hangover ever!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel the same way!!! I'm actually having a tough time convincing myself that I'm really pregnant! With my first I was SO Sick from about 5 weeks until about 3 weeks into my second trimester. This time around, I feel pretty great. A lot more tired & hungry than usual, but that's really about it! I guess we should feel lucky :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm jealous.

I'm just as sick this time around only I have the added burden/joy of chasing after a toddler while feeling like *** this time. :)  The joys of motherhood. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Totally normal. This pregnancy has been way different than my first one. I was nervous that meant something was wrong, but we saw the baby yesterday and everything is great, so that was reassuring.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • I'm the opposite.. felt great with DS, this time around feel like crap!

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • My first one i had HORRIBLE morning sickness....i was in the hostpial almost the entire pregnancy! this one i feel gross and tired and i dry heave a lot...but so far thats it!! i'm 12 weeks tomorrow so i'm not out of the woods yet but def not as bad so far!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemsm1379:
    I feel the same way!!! I'm actually having a tough time convincing myself that I'm really pregnant! With my first I was SO Sick from about 5 weeks until about 3 weeks into my second trimester. This time around, I feel pretty great. A lot more tired & hungry than usual, but that's really about it! I guess we should feel lucky :)

yes! this is exactly how i feel! l am almost worried that something is wrong since i feel so good compared to last time! only tired and hungry here too. and it was so bad with my DD! yeah i am definitely thankful though! 

• imagehomebird:
    Totally normal. This pregnancy has been way different than my first one. I was nervous that meant something was wrong, but we saw the baby yesterday and everything is great, so that was reassuring.

yeah i feel nervous because of this too! cant wait for my first appt to confirm if all is ok! the fact that you had the same experience definitely makes me feel better. thank you! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"