1st Trimester
Options

First time and very overwhelmed

Hello all :-) I'm so thankful for this website. I have been reading and reading trying to educate myself on this whole pregnancy thing. I think its great that we've been provided a forum to discuss topics with other woman going through the same things. This is my first pregnancy. I am very excited and nervous. We are waiting to tell our family until after my first sonogram at 8 weeks. I am so nervous to get everyone all excited and then have something happen. I am trying to keep postitive thoughts in my head. I found out I was pregnant by a home test on Sunday and my OBGYN saw me on Monday to confirm. I am now 5 weeks along. Do any of you ladies who are already Moms have any advice for me during my first trimester? I would really appreciate any wisdom and guidance since this is all new to me and until I tell me family about the pregnancy, the only guidance I will get. Thanks :-)
BFP #1 10/28/12 EDD 07/09/12 M/C on 11/5/12 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: First time and very overwhelmed

• Options

Congrats and welcome! My advice would be to relax and try to enjoy pregnancy. I know that a lot of it sucks (being sick, very uncomfortable at the end, tired, etc) but it really does go by so quickly and you should soak it all in while you can.

We have a great group of ladies on the July 2013 board if you want to stop over!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks so much :-) I will check it out. I can't wait to share the news with my family and friends so I can have their support. I just feel like its too early to share. What are your thoughts on that?
    BFP #1 10/28/12 EDD 07/09/12 M/C on 11/5/12 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageshananana8483:
    Thanks so much :-) I will check it out. I can't wait to share the news with my family and friends so I can have their support. I just feel like its too early to share. What are your thoughts on that?

I don't ever tell this early but it's really a personal preference. We had a loss in September and got pg again right away this month. With my other 2 pregnancies we waited until about 8 weeks to start telling people and everything was just find. You have to do what you feel is right.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

My advice to you is to sleep AS MUCH AS YOU CAN now during this pregnancy, because there will be many sleepless nights ahead of you. I took this advice myself, and I am thankful I did. Even though the last trimester it is hard to sleep, I still did as much as I could and looking back it was so worth it. 

Also, I recommend getting a 4d ultrasound. It was an awesome experience for me my DH and friends.

Don't wait to get a prescription for nausea/vomitting. I tried to tough it out till about 8 weeks. BIG REGRET. I recommend promethazine over zofran because zofran caused me constipation.

Take pics of your growing belly, they are fun to look back on.

Do things for yourself that you wont be able to do once baby comes. 

GOOD LUCK :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"