January 2013 Moms

Can decide on a diaper bag! Have you?

I'm in LOVE with this Timi&Leslie diaper bag* however I don't know if I can stomach the thought of spending $160 on a bag that's not leather. Maybe the faux leather is good for cleaning, etc...but still! If I get it this bag this the style I'm choosing: 

https://www.diaperbags.com/hobo-diaper-bags/solids/timiandlesliehannahdiaperbagpewter.cfm

*Another pro is all the stuff that comes with it 

If not this one then I'm considering the Petunia Boxy Backpack.

What bag are you choosing for you and baby? 

Re: Can decide on a diaper bag! Have you?

• Meant to say *Can't*

• I decided on the Coach Addison baby bag.  Almost all of my purses are Coach and I have always been happy with the quality and customer service.  I figured this bag will get a lot of use so I want something that I know will last.  Also, I think it is cute so I won't mind that being the main bag I will be carrying.  Every diaper bag I felt in stores like Target, BBB, BRU, etc... felt cheap and most of them are hideous. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Loading the player...
  • That is how I felt about the petunia pickle bottom bag, plus I could not see my husband carrying it.
    So I went with one that was more me, that we both could carry plus it was half the price.
  • I've gone through a few bags (yeah, even spend 140$ on a Ju-Ju-Be backpack bag).  I find that my favourite bag is this one. https://www.skiphop.com/product/studiodiapertote.html

It's got tons of storage, doesn't necessarily look like a diaper bag (which eases DH's mind), and is super easy to organize and keep clean.  

My suggestion would also be to look for a bag that zips closed at the top.  I can't tell you how many times either I or DS have tipped over bags and had everything scattered everywhere.  I tried a backpack diaper bag, but honestly, I hated it.  For it to have any storage space, it turned into a bottomless pit.  When I finally gave up on it, I found stuff in the bottom of the bag that I'd lost and purchased replacements for. 

Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• I got a petunia pickle bottom boxy backpack that I am in love with.  DH said he didn't care what diaper bag he has to carry but prefers a backpack style. 

PSA PPB has their fall outlet sale right now on their website.  I believe it runs thru tomorrow, Oct 31.  Some of the stuff is up to 60% off.

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I purchased the Marc by Marc Jacobs Eliza Baby Diaper Bag - Super cute, not too girly and DH can use it too!
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This may prove to be a huge mistake - and if it is I'll just order something off Amazon - but I'm not buying a specific diaper bag. I'm not working and while DH would buy me whatever I needed, I don't want to spend a lot of money on a bag if I can get away with something I already own. I have two small bag things I'll use for diapers - one for clean inserts with a changing pad and a different one for dirty inserts. I shouldn't need bottles because the plan is boob to baby for at least a few months so I don't think I'll need a ton to just run errands with her.
  • My friend bought me the JJ Cole Mode tote bag in the leaf pattern. It's being shipped to me as we speak. She stuffed it full of things and I'm going to open it at my Shower on Sat
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Babies r us has them on sale right now! I just got one for my best friend.. I checked for you..they have the Timi and Leslie Hannah in Pewter for $131 and free shipping! I dunno how much longer the sale lasts so better get it fast! =)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oh and to answer the question.. I got a coach diaper bag when I was just barely pregnant. My mom bought it for me as a congrats! However, had I waited I would have gotten a Timi and Leslie Charlie bag!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I currently have the JJ Cole Swag Bag on my registry. It seems roomy enough to hold cloth diapers, and I shouldn't be filling it up with bottles and such so I'm hoping it will work out.

FYI, I did see Timi & Leslie diaper bags on zulily a couple weeks ago (all the bags were under $100). Maybe just hold out until Black Friday/Cyber Monday and keep an eye out for any more sales on zulily/Totsy/BabySteals?

BFP 5.21.12 ~~ Born 1.28.13
    BFP 8.14.15 ~~ Due 4.22.16
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagethis decaf life:
    This may prove to be a huge mistake - and if it is I'll just order something off Amazon - but I'm not buying a specific diaper bag. I'm not working and while DH would buy me whatever I needed, I don't want to spend a lot of money on a bag if I can get away with something I already own. I have two small bag things I'll use for diapers - one for clean inserts with a changing pad and a different one for dirty inserts. I shouldn't need bottles because the plan is boob to baby for at least a few months so I don't think I'll need a ton to just run errands with her.

Yes  My favorite diaper bag with DS (also my pump bag for work) was a giant, cheap, fabric purse I bought at Target for $12.  I need something that I can toss in the washer. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageAllycat11:
    I decided on the Coach Addison baby bag.  Almost all of my purses are Coach and I have always been happy with the quality and customer service.  I figured this bag will get a lot of use so I want something that I know will last.  Also, I think it is cute so I won't mind that being the main bag I will be carrying.  Every diaper bag I felt in stores like Target, BBB, BRU, etc... felt cheap and most of them are hideous. 

Same here, except I have the Coach Snap Head Messenger bag.  I agree that the others I've seen feel cheap and I love the quality of Coach.  I did buy it at the outlet on sale very early in my pregnancy.  The only one they had was the blue one, but I think it'll still be fine even though LO is a girl.  Plus, I think DH will be more inclined to help lug it around since it's not as "girly" as some of the others I've seen.  I'm slightly worried though that it won't be big enough....

BFP #1 4/6/12 CP 4/10/12 @5 wks

BFP #2 5/6/12 EDD 1/16/13  DD born on her EDD 1/16/13

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #3 1/26/14 EDD 10/9/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My SIL bought me the Skip Hop Studio bag for my baby shower. I registered for it.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagethis decaf life:
    This may prove to be a huge mistake - and if it is I'll just order something off Amazon - but I'm not buying a specific diaper bag. I'm not working and while DH would buy me whatever I needed, I don't want to spend a lot of money on a bag if I can get away with something I already own. I have two small bag things I'll use for diapers - one for clean inserts with a changing pad and a different one for dirty inserts. I shouldn't need bottles because the plan is boob to baby for at least a few months so I don't think I'll need a ton to just run errands with her.

My friend uses boho style bags for her diaper bag, and she has 3 kids. If she can do it I'm sure you can :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I decided to get the Ju-Ju-Be BFF.  It's $165 but I love the idea that it's machine washable and anti-microbial.  Plus, I love that you can wear as a backpack or like a tote.  The organizational possibilities is also high up too!

https://amzn.com/B003UERR22 

• I have the JJ Cole Swag bag and I really like it! It holds everything that we need and has room to spare!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

• I bought the Timi & leslie Charlie bag and I am pretty happy with it. I dont think I will ever say that I LOVE a diaper bag, however, I am pleased with the choice thus far.
  • We went with the Skip Hop Bento in olive (or whatever...it's dark green). We just stumbled upon it at BRU and DH was like, "Oh! This isn't too girly!" and I didn't really want a diaper bag so I said, "Okay" thinking we could decide later how important it was. Then, when I looked into it, I realized that it would be an awesome bag! It had lots of nice little compartments, and short handles in addition to a long shoulder strap (my fave). Win!
  • I got the timi and Leslie Charlie bag off amazon, $130 including shipping and tax. I love it!!
  • I totally thought I replied to this last night!  A friend and I went shopping and looked at several diaper bags.  I thought I wanted the JuJuBe BFF but when I saw it in person I didn't love it.  I did however fall in LOVE with the Kalencom Weekender.  It's much roomier than it looks on amazon.  And it's super light (not loaded).  I hate bags where the bag itself is super heavy.  

Also, my friend that was looking with me saw her cousin right after we went shopping and her cousin had this bag.  My friend said it was surprisingly nice!  She would never have guessed it was a fisher price bag.  She sells 31 bags and has excellent taste, so I trust her opinion.  I watched the video and the way it opens and stays open looks pretty awesome.  Plus it's not too feminine for DH.  If we get both, I'm planning on using the Kalencom during my leave/weekends and sending the FP bag with LO daily.

• I purchased the Skip Hop Versa bag in black. Most of the people I know have the Skip Hop Studio bag and love them. I prefer the Versa because it has an adjustable shoulder strap and can be made into a cross-body bag. I found mine on amazon for $50 (including shipping). I just got it yesterday and I couldn't be more satisfied. It doesn't look cheap, has tons of different pockets and is pretty cute. 

That being said, I really wanted the Kate Spade Stevie bag but I'll probably just be leaving the diaper bag at day care with my LO and his car seat (since I won't always be the one picking him up) so I didn't want to risk losing an expensive diaper bag in the shuffle of pick-up. 

• I got a Coach diaper bag. Love it!
  • I am getting a tote bag from Thirty One. I loved the one that I had with DD, but it is pink so since this one is a boy I figured I would splurge the $35 on him! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"