2nd Trimester

feel movement from outside?

Hi.  I just turned 19 weeks today.  Anyway I haven't felt much movement at all until today.  Baby has been kicking up a storm.  Well my H pressed down on my belly and felt the baby kick twice.  He literally jumped for joy and was so happy.  I thought 19 weeks was too early to feel from the outside... Could it just be gas or something else?  Either way I'm not telling H --he is way to excited. haha

Re: feel movement from outside?

• I am not sure. I am 24 weeks and last night my husband finally felt it lol
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • It's on the earlier side, but not too early.  DH felt baby move in the 18th week both times.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm almost 22 weeks and H hasn't felt the baby yet. I think its because he won't lay his hand and relax it on my bump. The just barely hovers it because he doesn't want to squish the baby. (Yes we have shown him during a u/s how protected the baby is and even shook my bump.. still won't do it).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Most of the time, it's between 24-30 weeks before anyone else can feel the baby move. The baby is still tiny at this point and unlikely that is was actually the baby. 
    BabyFetus Ticker image Anniversary FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family
  • Depending on your physique (I'm a little overweight, so it took a little longer for MH to feel movement).  But I started feeling movement at 19 weeks, MH didn't feel anything for a few more weeks.  (Of course, every time DH tried to feel LO move, she stopped!!  LOL!!)
  • My DH thought he felt him kick around 19-20 weeks, but for sure felt him at 21 weeks. Now you can actually see him kicking from the outside, so I don't think it is to early everyone is different.
                     Johna and Justin Married since 2011
                     Baby Jasper born 2.23.13 8lbs 15 oz. 
  • DH felt kicks starting around week 21 (I felt them at 19 weeks).  Now at 23 weeks you can see my belly move when she kicks : ) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • FTM here - I felt baby at 17w, DH felt him just shy of 19, but by 20 he was very active and even my Mom got to feel. Starting at 23 and a half weeks or so, my belly would dance with movement :)

Archer Liam - 2/6/13
    Freya Lillian - 11/15/15
  • I felt my LO  moving on and off around 17 weeks at 18 weeks I felt LO from the outside. I'm now 19 weeks and yesterday I felt LO move half the afternoon. awesome feeling.

Everyones body is different. I'm a little overweight but I use to do a lot of K exercise; I don't know if that has a lot to do with me feeling movement so early.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nope it's possible! MH felt our little guy during my 18th week. It just depends on your body/baby. 
    Josh + Meagan 06.12.10/Baby J 11.8.12

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Different for everyone I think. I only just felt LO move myself about a week ago.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's definitely possible. The lady who did my U/S said that if your placenta is on the front of your uterus, it may be harder to feel movements, but elsewhere it's easier to feel them. I'm assuming that's why some may not think it's possible that early. I couldn't feel my last pregnancy until about 22 weeks, but with this one, I'm only 15 weeks and feel like I'm being pinched on the inside... I don't know if that's my baby, but it's definitely not gas.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"