June 2011 Moms

Crib to toddler bed OR crib to twin/full size bed?

What size bed are you planning to transition your LO to and why?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Crib to toddler bed OR crib to twin/full size bed?

• No where near that now, but....  I think I should just go to full size with rails so he will not fall out, but, I really think the toddler beds are so cute. 

I saw one I like from Pottery Barn Kids that matches his other pbk furniture. So... I will probably end up wasting money on toddler bed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DD's crib transitions into a toddler bed. When the time comes, we'll probably use that before a full size bed because it'll be more familiar to her. With that said, we are NOT changing any time soon, lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We are going to keep LO in her crib as long as possible. Her crib converts into a toddler bed, but I am hoping to switch her into a regular bed with rails around two or two and a half (when we are potty training, etc).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Once she is ready we will transition DD to a twin bed (probably with rails on the side).  We already have a twin bed in her room but I would go that route anyway because I don't think a toddler bed would be used for long so it seems like a waste of money to me.  The crib we have is convertible so we may end up having a child (last child) in a toddler bed at some point just to delay having to buy another bed.  
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• DD will be going to a twin mattress on the floor around January when we're ready to put the newbie in the nursery. We don't want to buy a 2nd crib and we already have an extra twin so we won't be spending money on a toddler bed. The crib converts but that will happen when we don't have a baby moving into it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • imageLollyBug18:
    DD will be going to a twin mattress on the floor around January when we're ready to put the newbie in the nursery. We don't want to buy a 2nd crib and we already have an extra twin so we won't be spending money on a toddler bed. The crib converts but that will happen when we don't have a baby moving into it.

This is exactly our plan when LO#2 arrives in June. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageUWgal04:

imageLollyBug18:
    DD will be going to a twin mattress on the floor around January when we're ready to put the newbie in the nursery. We don't want to buy a 2nd crib and we already have an extra twin so we won't be spending money on a toddler bed. The crib converts but that will happen when we don't have a baby moving into it.

This is exactly our plan when LO#2 arrives in June. 

Same for us too.  We'll probably make the transition in February or March when LO #2 won't fit in his bassinet anymore.  DD will be about 21 months then.

• We will be making her crib into a toddler bed around Chrustmas time. If her crib didn't convert we'd do a twin bed. I'm not ready to lose the space her full size bed crib converted will take up in her room.
  • MIL had a hand me down toddler bed in her attic for us, but I'm just going to use the twin mattress on the floor that we have. I don't want to move the toddler bed over here, since we're on the fourth floor. 
  • We transitioned DD into a toddler bed months ago when he crib broke. The toddler bed only takes up as much space as the crib, which was a major plus. Also, its the perfect height for her to climb into by herself; I wouldnt want her falling  out of bed from any higher... Lastly, when we finally kick her out of our room, she'll be sharing a room with big sis; we plan on getting bunk beds when that happens (so no use buying a full bed now)
  • Ugh I have no idea.  It's something I think about constantly, whether to change her earlier so we don't have to buy another crib or to just suck it up and buy another crib.

The crib we have right now does the toddler transition deal so if we wind up buying another crib we will probably just do that.

It we stick with just the one crib though we may just put our queen from the guest room on the floor in C's room so that we can still have a "guest bed" when family comes to visit. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"