April 2013 Moms

baby registry

I'm looking to add some lower price items to my registry. This is our first, but we're getting a lot of stuff from my sister. I don't think we'll really need any clothes or toys. Any suggestions?

Re: baby registry

• What kind of stuff is your sis giving you?  All the 'big' stuff?

Other smaller, less expensive things that you may want new: bath supplies (towels, washclothes, toys, baby wash, lotion), medicine cabinet stuff (thermometer, nail clippers, nose sucker, diaper cream), crib sheet(s) and mattress pad, changing pad & cover, new bottle nipples and/or bottles, plain white onesies as undershirts, new bibs. 

I generally wouldn't recommend registering for clothes or blankets, you tend to get a lot anyway unregistered.  Until a couple months ago, DD ignored most baby toys outside of a baby Einstein ball, Sophie, and 2 Lamaze soft toys.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • crib sheets

bath soap/lotion etc

socks

baby friendly cleaning products (dish soap, dreft, etc)

books

diapers & wipes!

BabyFruit Ticker Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family image
  • Loading the player...
  • imageblueandgray:
    What kind of stuff is your sis giving you?nbsp; All the 'big' stuff?
    Other smaller, less expensivenbsp;things that you may want new: bath supplies towels, washclothes, toys, baby wash, lotion, medicine cabinet stuff thermometer, nail clippers, nose sucker, diaper cream, crib sheets and mattress pad, changing pad amp; cover, new bottle nipples and/or bottles, plain white onesies as undershirts, new bibs.nbsp;
    I generally wouldn't recommend registering for clothes or blankets,nbsp;you tend to get a lot anyway unregistered.nbsp;nbsp;Until a couple months ago, DD ignored most baby toys outside of anbsp;baby Einsteinnbsp;ball, Sophie, and 2 Lamaze soft toys.

She's giving me some of the big stuff, glider, snap n go, bouncer, baby carriers, play mat. I think that's it for the bigger stuff. She also has lots of clothes, boy and girl, and toys for me.

• If you plan to BF, you may want to register for a nursing cover, breast pads (Lansinoh are the best!), lanolin, a breast pump, and breast milk storage bags.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagemirroredimage:

Also register for a swing, highchair, cart/highchair cover (so LO isn't eating other peoples germ), car seat protectors (so your car's seat don't get ruined from the weight of baby's seat), mirrors for the backseat headrests, a portable high chair (I love ours and we never have to worry about the cleanliness of the restaurant's chair or table), the bottle dish washer kit thing, and a Mommy Hook!  I love this thing.  It hooks on to your stroller so you can carry bags and stuff.  I internally scoffed at it when I got it for a shower gift but I know consider it a must have. 

Edit - nursing stuff too if you plan on BF.

I get these hooks as a little add-on with all the shower gifts I give.  My most used item. 

• imageKrisM86:
    If you plan to BF, you may want to register for a nursing cover, breast pads (Lansinoh are the best!), lanolin, a breast pump, and breast milk storage bags.

Check with your insurance company before registering for a pump. Mine covers 100% thanks to Obama Care as it is considered a preventative service.

Also, we added all diapering supplies- bag, pail, wipes, diapers, changing table pad and covers. We put on safety items like gates, outlet covers, etc.

I love the idea of adding books to the registry and will be doing so shortly!

BFP #1 2/20/12 - ectopic methotrexate @6w2d on 3/6/12 BFP#2 7/27/12 EDD 4/10/13- It's a boy! imageimagePhotobucketBabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • baby wash cloths

bath toys

shampoo/baby wash (I still haven't used up all the shampoo and wash my family thoughtfully got me even though I didn't think to register for it)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My fav thing to give as a shower gift is the Munchkin Diaper Duck. It's a cute, compact way to carry plastic bags with you to wrap up dirty diapers when you are no-where near a garbage can or dirty clothes that need to go back into your bag to go home. Less than $5, I think. I used mine all the time, and still carry it around most of the time, just in case (DD's are 5 & 3)

Also, everything Mirroredimage said. :)

• I know you said no clothes but I would register for Halo Sleep sacks in various sizes.  depending where you are do both cotton and fleece.  Infant tub, if you plan on breast feeding I suggest the "breast friend pillow" over the boppy, bottle drying rack, shopping cart cover, mirror for seeing baby seat in car, sheets (you may go through a few a week), little pads to put over changing pad cover so you don't have to keep changing the cover and safety stuff for cabinets, doors and electric outlets.
  • I'd suggest listing the things that my family always seems to lose: 

Pacifiers

Socks (multiple size ranges)

Small bibs (the value-priced multi-packs are great, lots of bright colors)

Don't register for too much of the bath stuff like diaper cream, shampoo, etc., unless you have plenty of room to store it.  DD is 18 months and only on her second bottle of shampoo and first tube of diaper cream.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"