Breastfeeding

How do you know you have a clogged milk duct?

I recently weaned from bf'ing.  I did it gradually over the past couple weeks and dropped bf'ing and pumping completely 4 days ago.  My right breast feels fine and back to normal but my left still feels a little full and hard.  I have been massaging in the hot shower in the mornings and a little milk expresses out.  Do I have a clogged duct?  How can I fix this without pumping because I don't want to produce more milk.  Also, when is it safe to stop wearing breast pads in fear of leaking until I am compltely dried up?  TIA!
Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage

Re: How do you know you have a clogged milk duct?

• I weaned from EPing over the course of 2 months, and still ended up with a clogged duct.  I ended up having to pump for a few minutes to get rid of it, and then I was fine.  I leaked for almost 6 months after I quit, and had to wear breast pads almost that long. But every woman is different.
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you don't want to pump, I would say keep hand expressing in the shower to comfort.  Cabbage leaves in your bra is supposed to help dry you up.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, and I knew that mine was a clogged duct because there was a definate lump and it was painful.
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"