October 2012 Moms

Please tell me what your cervical progress was / is like

So I was a November Mom to be, but looks Like I may just have a pumpkin after all. Regardless due to complications I will be induced next week. However my Dr. promises, literally ?promises? that I will go this week based on my progress.

On the 8th, baby had dropped, that was all. Then on the 18th I was 2 cm and 70% effaced. Just 4 days later on the 22nd I was up to 3cm and between 80-90% effaced. So that?s when he said he promises. He would not schedule the induction and almost did not schedule my next week?s check up. In the middle of all this, I lost my MP and have been having cramps, but no contractions, not that I can tell.

My question is, how the he!! can he be so confident??? We have all heard the stories of women walking around like this for weeks. Is it the quickness of the progress? Ugh I am trying not to put too much into it, but its hard when your Dr, literally promises you.

So what is/was your progress like?

Re: Please tell me what your cervical progress was / is like

• There's no way he could promise you! From what I've seen and heard, none of that really means anything!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yep hate to say it, but he shouldn't have promised you.  At my 36 week appt. I was 2 cm and 75%.  My doc was "confident" I'd go some time in Sept. and pretty sure I'd go in the next 1-2 weeks.  (This is an OB who's been practicing for over 15 years, and one of the best in my area.) 

At 37 weeks I was 3 cm, 90%, and very stretchy.  At 38 weeks I was almost 4 cm,  80% effaced.  Yep went backwards on the effacement.  Then at 39 weeks I went into labor.  Baby was born Oct. 1st. 

image imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • My friend was 70% effaced and 4 cm for 4 weeks.  But when labor did start, things went very quickly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies. Ugh, I knew it. This really pi$$es me off. How dare he ?promise? I wouldn?t mind as much, however I really do not want to be induced so I am extremely anxious to go asap. People say to relax and enjoy the baby free time, but honestly I am over that. We got prepared very early and the anxiety trumps wanting to relax times a million.
  • I Wouldn't get your hopes up. Based on my first labor and delivery my dr assured me, completely unsolicited by me, that I would go into labor early and have about a 56 hr labor with DD2. Well, I was one day overdue and my labor was about 10hours!! Total mind fck that I could have done without!
  • Sorry that was supposed to be 5 to 6 hrs. I always forget that the mobile bump doesn't include dashes!
  • Sorry, i lost my mucous plug and i've been 4cm and 90% effaced for 2 weeks. Plenty of braxton hicks, but nothing else. I have an appointment tomorrow and we will schedule an induction. Probably for november 1st
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker} Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • At 36 weeks I was 3cm and 50% effaced.  At 38 weeks I was 3 cm and 80% effaced.  I went into labor the night of that 38 week appt., measured at 6 when I got to the hospital, then was at a 10 maybe 30 minutes later?  It was definitely much faster than I had anticipated.  But I know there's ladies who are dilated for a long time before going into labor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"