3rd Trimester
Options

Need nice maternity dress

I just found out that between mid-December to due date (mid-January) I have 3 things that I will need to/get to dress up nice for.  So now I get to go shopping for a nice maternity dress.  :)  I started looking at Macy's but from what I can tell they don't have maternity-is that right?  Besides motherhood maternity what are some other places to get a nice maternity dress?  (2 are semi-formal holiday parties 1 will be for SIL's wedding.)  

I actually really like this look if I weren't sporting a watermelon under my skirt at the time ;)

HOLIDAY PREVIEW SALE: shine bright & save big in the holiday's hottest looks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need nice maternity dress

• Options
    Check Ann Taylor- they are pricey, but nice. Also try Destination Maternity
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Victoria Secret sells a dress you can wear five ways.  My best friend had her wedding party wear it and I just loved it.  It fit nicely even though I bought it before I was pregnant and wore it last month.  Plus with the different ways you can wear it you can wear it to all your events and not feel like you are wearing the exact same dress everytime. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just bought a nice dress from Target for $30. Liz Lange Maternity. Its dark gray and had a pink belt with it. I ended up buying a skinny black belt also to interchange so i can have different looks with it. They had 2 or 3 nice dress options though in their maternity section and were affordable and very cute. And not too casual at all i thought.
  • Options
    I found a cute one at Rosie Pope. They sell things online. Even if you think the show is cheese-ball you should take a look at the dresses :)  They are flattering on as well.
  • Options

I'd recommend renting a dress.  I personally do not like to spend too much money on maternity clothes since I don't plan on being pregnant again after this.

I used "Mine for Nine" for my baby shower and was really pleased with the process.  The nice thing about this website is that they send you an alternative size for free and you can return whatever doesn't fit for a refund (minus shipping costs).

• Options
    imagemarchlady86:
    asos.com

I second this. They have a bunch of cute stuff and I just bought a couple of dresses for my baby shower to see which one I liked best. They have free return shipping.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Are you planning on BFing? If so, why not get a nice maternity/nursing dress? They are a pretty good selection on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dapparel&field-keywords=Nursing+Maternity+dress&rh=n%3A1036592%2Ck%3ANursing+Maternity+dress

I recently bought a nicer nursing/maternity dress for my shower and another one for everyday wear and am so happy I did. It is so nice to be able to put on beautiful clothes and feel a little bit more human (normally, I feel like a grumpy walrus). I think it is important to make an investment in yourself!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Seraphine have a luxe designer maternity dresses range! They're pricey but gorgeous.
  • Options
    Check out www.seraphinematernity.com they have some lovely maternity dresses
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"