Minnesota Babies

Flu Shots

Just curious. Are you planning on or did you get a flu shot while pregnant? 

Re: Flu Shots

• I got it with both kids. Nothing worse than being sick and pregnant.... other than being sick and having sick kids.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, I got the flu shot while pg with both girls. 
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I have never gotten flu shots in the past, but got one today (22 weeks pregnant)  because my doctor and nurse were very compelling with their reasons..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've never gotten one and never will...  I've watched too many people in my family have reactions to something in the shot that rendered them useless for a month when the flu would have only tied them up for a week.  Same for Rotavirus, after watching DS get sick for over a week each time he got the vaccine, I'll never do that one again for the kids... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nope, I am waiting until after the baby is born to get one.  My 2 year old got hers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yep! They have a special kind for women who are pregnant. 
  • I've never had a flu shot. I'm pretty skeptical about them. I most likely won't get one.
  • I got a thimerosol-free flu shot last year right after I found out I was pregnant, with no adverse reactions. But I have never had an adverse reaction to a vaccine before.
  • I've never had a flu shot (before this year), and did not get one while pregnant. I didn't feel comfortable getting this shot while pregnant, incase of adverse affects. I got it this year, after my sons pediatrician guilting me into it. I recommend to do some research and do what you feel is right for you. There is a lot of info for and against it. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"