May 2013 Moms

Nt and genetic testing

My dr at my last appointment told me very little about the testing but said I have to decide by my next appointment if I want it done or not..... So I was wondering what is worth it and what's not I have a hsa insurance plan where I have to cover2500.... Before my insurance pays....so I don't want to waste money on inaccurate tests
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Nt and genetic testing

• Have you contacted your insurance company to determine the amount for which you would be responsible?  I know you said you have to cover $2500, but perhaps you've met your deductible already and won't have to pay the full amount out of pocket?  I've heard the bloodwork can have false positives, but I believe that is why it is combined with an u/s which allows for neck measurements and checking for the presence of the nasal bone.  Perhaps you can speak with your OB/insurance about other testing that is covered that could provide you with information about the baby.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I haven't gone to the dr yet this year so my deductible is not even close to being met. I have had 1 ultrasound and pap and ob appointment.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you contacted insurance to see the cost of the NT scan/bloodwork? Once you do that, you can determine if that is something that you are comfortable covering and go from there.  Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I find them useful but then again we have never had a false positive.
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My doctor told me that half the time the insurance company says they cover it, they don't... and half the time they say they don't cover it, they do.  I've called mine three times and still haven't gotten a straight answer on coverage for this test.
  • With mine I have to pay for it if I want it until I meet my deductible.....so not sure what to do.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"