High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

~*~GD Check in~*~

This is an open check-in for ladies with GD. We'll be checking in every Tuesday. If you are new, WELCOME! Please give us a little intro/background and your EDD. 

**CONGRATULATIONS Baby_Bunny_Hopeful on the birth of your son!

Updates: How are you doing this week? Also, if you have any questions, list them here and hopefully someone will answer!

GTKY: What is the protein you eat/like the most for Breakfast?

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share?

Hope you ladies have a lovely week!

***Can someone please post a link to this check-in on the 3rd tri board?***
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

Re: ~*~GD Check in~*~

• Options

Updates: How are you doing this week? Also, if you have any questions, list them here and hopefully someone will answer! Still having a hard time with my snacks.

GTKY: What is the protein you eat/like the most for Breakfast? I can't stand eggs. I try to eat them and spit them out so my main protein for bfast has been PB.

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share? None this week.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options
    Updates: I'm doing really well this week. Last week I thought I was doing terrible but the endo said I was doing good. I thought he was going to recommend induction at 39 weeks but he was fine with my numbers.

GTKY: I eat yogurt for breakfast every day. If it isn't Greek I add in some seeds or nuts. I don't eat meat and can't stand eggs. Pb is good but I can't eat bread in the morning so I don't know what I would put it on.

Success: I went shopping in the states on the weekend and picked up tons of low carb stuff. It is hard to find much here. I tried dream fields pasta and I've been eating ww cookies and cream bars every night.

Defeat: I went to 5 guys during this shopping trip for the first time. I told myself I would be fine if I didn't have fries, but then I couldn't resist. It was soo good though.
    DD1 9.15.10  DD2 11.2.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi everyone, I'm new to this check-in. I was just diagnosed with GD on Friday. The doctors tell me that I "just barely failed" the tests.  I am 29 weeks and my EDD is Jan 4.

I've just started monitoring my glucose levels and they are super low...2 hours after meals they are in the 90s. Is that good or too low? I see my nurse again on Monday so I will ask her about it.

I teach high school and it's been exciting trying to prick my finger inside my bag behind my desk in the middle of class, or running out into the hallway. No one has noticed so far!

Updates: Still a newbie at this. Smile

GTKY: What is the protein you eat/like the most for Breakfast? Hard boiled eggs, peanut butter. They are the easiest.

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share? Not yet, still learning the ropes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hi ladies, I am also new. I technically did the 3 hr test when I was around 8 weeks since I am a higher risk and was dx with an elevated fasting. I had to monitor my sugars for a little while and things were good. I had to re-take the 3 hr test this past Thursday and was dx with GD (which I figured would come sooner or later). I am due January 23, 2013 and can't wait to see this LO.

Updates: How are you doing this week? So far so good. My biggest problem that i have had all pregnancy is that I have no appetite so my dietician was not happy that I am eating so little. I have lost 10lbs since getting pregnant becuase of no appetite.

GTKY: What is the protein you eat/like the most for Breakfast? two eggs usually scrambled with cheddar cheese and one piece of wheat bread with butter.

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share? My numbers have been great so far, so I hope they stay that way, the biggest challenge is forcing myself to eat meals and snacks. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Updates: How are you doing this week? 

I completed my first week and a half of testing and have passed all my one hour after meal tests but struggled with my fasting numbers.  The last two days I have passed them though so I am hoping I have figured out the secret... Lol I haven't.

I don't like eggs in the morning, they give me heartburn.  I have struggled with what to eat.  PB also gives me heartburn... I just eat it anyways.  I wish I ups have yogurt in the morning! 

I ate a piece of cake minus frosting at my shower during afternoon snack this weekend and still passed my test after dinner!

TTC since June 2011
    DH diagnosed with Testicular Cancer 8/2010
    Low sperm count. Only option IVF with ICSI
    Starting First cycle Jan/Feb 2012- Canceled due to not responding to BCP and/or Lupron
    IVF 1.2- stims March 14, ER March 24, 16 R 10F 6 made it to blast
    ET March 29- transferred two blasts, 4A and 4BA, froze 4
    Positive HPT 9dp5dt Beta 1- 385 11dp5dt
    u/s April 25- one healthy heartbeat
    EDD 12/12/12>

• Options

Hi ladies - I am diabetic already, and since I am pregnant, I figure this will be a good check in for me.  I am almost 5 weeks pregnant with our second child and I have strong belief this is my girl :)

Updates: How are you doing this week? I keep having good days and bad days.  I am having some food aversions which stinks because it is already hard with nausea and trying not to eat too many carbs.

GTKY: What is the protein you eat/like the most for Breakfast?  Egg omelets are my go to.

I am starting 10 units of insulin at bedtime.   Tonight is my first injection, I am so nervous to do this but I know it is what is best for the baby.  I really hope this helps with keeping my fasting below 90. 
    Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• Options

Updates: How are you doing this week? Also, if you have any questions, list them here and hopefully someone will answer!

I was just diagnosed this week at 12 weeks. I had it my last pregnancy so they tested early this time around. I had prepared myself for this but I still cried (although not as much as last time).

Last pregnancy I ate quiche for almost every breakfast after being diagnosed. It was one of the only things that didn't spike my numbers in the am. I could not have any bread in the morning. 

After learning about my GD diagnosis, I ate Arby's for dinner.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh I have one more breakfast food I wanted to share... I made French toast and ate it with PB and sugar free syrup.  It was great!
    TTC since June 2011
    DH diagnosed with Testicular Cancer 8/2010
    Low sperm count. Only option IVF with ICSI
    Starting First cycle Jan/Feb 2012- Canceled due to not responding to BCP and/or Lupron
    IVF 1.2- stims March 14, ER March 24, 16 R 10F 6 made it to blast
    ET March 29- transferred two blasts, 4A and 4BA, froze 4
    Positive HPT 9dp5dt Beta 1- 385 11dp5dt
    u/s April 25- one healthy heartbeat
    EDD 12/12/12>

• Options

Updates: How are you doing this week? Doing ok...getting really tired of dealing with all this, but since we don't know for sure if I have GD or Type II, I'm trying to keep myself from getting to excited about it ending in Dec

GTKY: What is the protein you eat/like the most for Breakfast? I don't like to eat the same thing all the time so I alternate weekly..I tried Thomas bagel things and laughing cow cream cheese last week and did well, this week it's a Hungry Girl egg mug and some cider doughnuts I picked up (I only get them once a year and I wasn't going to miss them now)

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share I am able to eat a cider doughnut for breakfast as long as I have some eggs for protein (I have to up my insulin a unit, but they told me that was fine to do). I feel like I have a pretty good handle on how to work things I want that aren't necessarily GD friendly into my diet on occasion, like wontons from this hole-in-the-wall Chinese place, but I really look forward to being able to eat a meal without having to worry about the carb count..I just hope it happens like I want it to

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options

Hi I introduced myself he 19 th but wanted to join in.

i took my 1 hour glucose test at 12weeks and had a240 after an hour. I had know idea why they were doing the test or what it meant I was blind sided into the whole GDthing they did bloodwork and my a1c came out6.1 so they can't tell if I was diabetic before pregnancy I have no idea since my endo usually is checking my thyroid function and I should add may and June were ridiculous I was dieting, going to the gym 4times a week, was graduating from school, bridal showers wedding honeymoon, and when we got back from my honeymoon approximately a week later boom! Surprise baby! It's my first and I'm 33yrs old. I've was diet controlled for a couple weeks, then put on glyburide. Last week I was put on insulin because my fasting numbers were in the 100's &120's instead of under 90. I'm starving most of the day and literally wait for my next eating experience.:( 

as for morning protein I use the portioned egg beaters only half a portion,and wow toast with no sugar raspberry jam!

Failure ummmm not this week but last week I couldn't get the idea of a Burger King whopper out of my mind ( not a usual choice for me trust me) I ignored the craving Monday and Tuesday then had a friend sneak one over and ate it for lunch Wednesday. ( Only the burger no fries )Was so guilty halfway I removed the bread and just ate was was left. 2hrs later test was123 so not that bad. 

• Options

Updates: How are you doing this week? Also, if you have any questions, list them here and hopefully someone will answer! Apparenttly, I am a rock star!  Both my MFM and my regular OB are excited about my numbers and my progress.

GTKY: What is the protein you eat/like the most for Breakfast? Eggs.  Becuase it's easy.

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share? Well, now that I am 32 weeks and on Glyburide, I get to have NSTs 2x a week.  Yay.  Oh you said food...Meh, same old same old.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageRegne:

I've just started monitoring my glucose levels and they are super low...2 hours after meals they are in the 90s. Is that good or too low? I see my nurse again on Monday so I will ask her about it.

90s are awesome.  Less than 70 is low according to my doc.  I'm jealous of your numbers ;-) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Updates: Went on a short weekend trip again.  I remembered to take snacks with me this time.  My numbers were still out of whack.  They haven't changed my meds for a couple weeks now, but I've had several high numbers again this week in addition to the weekend ones, so we'll see what happens.

GTKY: I eat eggs the most for breakfast because it's the easiest, but I'm starting to despise them.  The other day I had a piece of toast with ham and cheese melted on top with tomatoes.  That was a nice change.

I tried having some sugar free jelly with my toast, but it spikes my numbers every time.  I was able to have some low sugar apple butter that I bought when we went to the pumpkin patch.  Yummy!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Intro: My name is Stephannie, EDD February 25. Diagnosed GD at 12 weeks based on A1C 5.6 and Fasting 91, no GTT. Diet/exercise controlled so far.

Updates: How are you doing this week? Also, if you have any questions, list them here and hopefully someone will answer! I'm doing alright, had trouble at the beginning of the week because doctor told me I wasn't eating enough and now have an extra growth scan to check on baby

GTKY: What is the protein you eat/like the most for Breakfast? this morning I had nuts, I have issues with mornings because my mornings are super early and I can't eat eggs without throwing up

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share? didn't take into account the tortilla in my burrito on Monday, so that made me high, also got a bit discouraged because my whole day seemed high, struggling to eat more without raising sugars.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"