2nd Trimester

dr appt question

hi!  so this is my third visit w/ my obgyn (minus the nt appt) and i just wanted to know what to expect.  i've already seen the little peanut, heard the heart beat and went in for my nt scan (each appt. more amazing then the next!).  i just wanted to know what a regular, 'run of the mill' dr. appt. consists of.  thanks!

Re: dr appt question

• For me a regular appt consists of listening to the hb, taking my bp and measuring the fundal height (aka, your stomach).
  • With my Dr, I pee in a cup, the nurse weighs me and takes my blood pressure, the Dr comes in and we chat for about 15 minutes, she lets us hear the h/b with the doppler, she asks me if I have any questions, and that's it.  I go every 4 weeks, then towards the end it will be every 2 weeks, and then weekly.

PS you need a ticker!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • yeah...a wammm, bamm, thank you mam.  I am out of there in less than 10 minutes. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My regular appointments now consist of me peeing in a cup, measuring weight and blood pressure, the nurse uses the doppler to hear the heart, and I see the doctor just to talk about how things are going.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Weight, urine sample, bp check, find the hb with a doppler, and they send me on my way...
  • I, too, go every four weeks for now. A usual for me consists of giving a urine sample, weight and blood pressure. The the doctor asks a few questions, measures my uterus externally and we get to hear the heart beat and see the baby on a portable ultrasound machine. How many weeks are you? I go back in two weeks (which will be 20 weeks for me) for our first official ultrasound.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"