November 2012 Moms

Stretch Mark Therapy Clicky Poll

So this pregnancy couldn't be any more differnet then with my first in 2010...including getting stretch marks this time around. Yup I was able to advoid getting them the first time but not this time. So my question is...what would you reccomend as a therapy?

Both Maderma and Bio Oil are pricy but I don't mind if they will actually help. What has worked for you ladies?

[Poll]
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Stretch Mark Therapy Clicky Poll

• I said other because I haven't gotten marks yet but have some palmers here to use as i start to feel bigger
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Other

I've been using a massage bar from Lush Cosmetics ( I am pretty sure they are everywhere ) it's basically a bar made out of cocoa and Shea butters. It's a product I've used for years and it has been working like a charm so far. The bars all range around $10 and I am on my second one at 38w. I use it every day after I shower and love it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I really don't think there's anything you can do to avoid getting stretch marks.  As I understand it, they are genetic and have everything to do with your skin, not what you put on it.  I tend to take the more natural route, so I avoid putting anything on my skin that is full of non-organic ingredients and chemicals, which only aggravate and irritate our skin.  My dermatologist says that keeping your skin healthy (eat nutrient-rich foods, use good soaps) and moisturized is more beneficial than potions and chemical-filled lotions.

I rub sweet almond oil all over my belly, sides, hips, and boobs every night.  So far, my skin isn't itchy or dry and I have no stretch marks.   

• I have some strecth marks from my younger days, non pregnancy related. So, throughtout my pregnancy I have been using Mustella; expensive but seems to be worth every penny. I have not noticed any new strecth marks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageSprite2012:

I really don't think there's anything you can do to avoid getting stretch marks.  As I understand it, they are genetic and have everything to do with your skin, not what you put on it.  I tend to take the more natural route, so I avoid putting anything on my skin that is full of non-organic ingredients and chemicals, which only aggravate and irritate our skin.  My dermatologist says that keeping your skin healthy (eat nutrient-rich foods, use good soaps) and moisturized is more beneficial than potions and chemical-filled lotions.

I rub sweet almond oil all over my belly, sides, hips, and boobs every night.  So far, my skin isn't itchy or dry and I have no stretch marks.   

This. My DH is a doctor and he says the stretch marks are too deep for something to work topically. Besides just trying to keep hydrated the only thing you could do would be some sort of laser therapy after and that is not a sure thing either.

party-fails-crunk-critters-catnips-a-hell-of-a-drug Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker (formerly TTGP poster abfromva)
  • I clicked "other" because I'm on my third pregnancy with no stretch marks. I honstly don't put soap on my belly when washing (although some may drip down as I wash other areas... though I don't wash my breasts either), as it is known to dry skin out (hence why face soaps are different than body bar soaps) and I lotion after the shower... Bath & Body Works or Johnson&Johnson Baby Lotion. Side note about me not washing my breasts, I've EBFed both my children for about a year each and never had any cracked nipples, never needed to use lanolin or anything either, which I also attribute to not using soap on them.
  • I started using Mederma Stretch Mark cream within a few days of my son's birth.  The marks faded almost immediately and you can't see them anymore.  So far I haven't gotten any stretch marks from this pregnancy but if I do, I won't hesitate to use the Mederma cream again.  I recommend it to everyone who asks me.  It costs about $40 per bottle but it's a small price compared to other options.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageLaura_Elaine:
    I clicked "other" because I'm on my third pregnancy with no stretch marks. I honstly don't put soap on my belly when washing (although some may drip down as I wash other areas... though I don't wash my breasts either), as it is known to dry skin out (hence why face soaps are different than body bar soaps) and I lotion after the shower... Bath & Body Works or Johnson&Johnson Baby Lotion. Side note about me not washing my breasts, I've EBFed both my children for about a year each and never had any cracked nipples, never needed to use lanolin or anything either, which I also attribute to not using soap on them.

Exactly what the lc of my breastfeeding class said last week.

As for stretch marks, mine appeared with a vengance a week ago. I'm using Palmer's to keep the itching at bay.

• Bio-oil actually has an ingredient in it that has been known to cause birth defects; their website says it's in safe amounts for pregnancy, but I had planned to lather it on twice a day and just didn't trust it.  My doctor said to avoid it.  Clarins has an oil that has no unsafe ingredients in it which I've used a bit (smells amazing!) but for the most part I've used Palmers cocoa butter lotion.  I have no stretch marks so far, but I've also read that it's more genetic than anything else.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I use Palmers lotion and oil.

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"