January 2013 Moms

Have you given up shaving down there....

So now that I can barely see past my bikini line....it is nearly impossible to shave down there ... Has anyone just given up? or have you turned to waxing?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014

Re: Have you given up shaving down there....

• I gave up. I told dh I might need a trim and he looked at me like I had 12 heads.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Wax.

Get waxed with a "hard wax".  This is far less painful, is better for your skin and sensitive areas, and results in less in-growns.

I don't find waxing pleasant but it is by no means super painful.  It is 10-15 minutes of being uncomfortable. To me, it is worth it.

Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Not yet, I just shave the edges and trim I can't see it though, I hope it doesn't look that bad lol. Is waxing extremely painful? I'm considering it.
  • I put a mirror on the back of the toilet beside the shower then I just open the curtain a bit and I now shave it all off, it's easier to take it all off then just trim.

DH practically begs me to let him do it though haha
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I'm in need of some grooming and I'll probably let DH do it. He has actually really enjoyed shaving my legs and I think, odd as it might seem, he would enjoy this too. After my last attempt at some grooming I told him my belly was just too in the way.
  • I made W shave my legs last night and my lady bits will be next. Before I even got pregnant this time around he was told that it was his job to make sure I'm presentable.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• I keep it trimmed
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagepistolpackinmomma:
    I made W shave my legs last night and my lady bits will be next. Before I even got pregnant this time around he was told that it was his job to make sure I'm presentable.

Yes  Oh yeah!

• Burp

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• imagejjr1214:
    I have pretty much given up shaving and just use a hand mirror to trim. I have thought about waxing but have never done it before and it makes me nervous!

Same here. I have an electric trimmer that I use with a mirror but I don't try and use a razor and I'm too much of a wimp to wax!

BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My husband does it for me, he knows I hate being hairy lol! *We keep it light with jokes* He also helps me paint my toes : VERY VERY GREATFUL

image image

• imagelulamagoo:

Wax.

Get waxed with a "hard wax".  This is far less painful, is better for your skin and sensitive areas, and results in less in-growns.

I don't find waxing pleasant but it is by no means super painful.  It is 10-15 minutes of being uncomfortable. To me, it is worth it.

This. I haven't had a razor down there ever since I started to get waxed a few years ago. Of course it will hurt, but it's not a big deal. The place I go to is great and they keep me talking the whole time so my mind isn't focused on the pain so much. 

• I shave, I can't see my hoo haw but I can reach it still. I asked Dh if he would shave it if I can't later and he said no way. So now I just ask him if I missed any, and he'll point where, never thought I'd have to do that.....oh well....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My DH would definitely do it for me if i asked. As of right now i just do the touch and feel method which would be using my best judgement to see if i missed anywhere...i shave everyday so if i let it grow all back in it would bother me more than anything at this point.

He helped me get into this situation he can definitely help me shave if i need it....of all things. Im going to be pushing out a head the size of a melon out of somewhere the size of a lime so...i dont feel too bad asking. lol sacrifices!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm still attempting shaving down there. But luckily, I've noticed that all my hair growth (legs, underarms, and lady parts) has slowed to practically nothing. I can go a week without shaving my legs and they are barely prickly. Before this pregnancy it was an every other day thing. 
  • imagesscurry7212:

My DH would definitely do it for me if i asked. As of right now i just do the touch and feel method which would be using my best judgement to see if i missed anywhere...

This is me.  I tried using a mirror this morning, but found it was just easier for me to touch & feel and fly blind.  I managed not to cut anything off, so for now, this method will work.  DH has said he'll shave for me if it gets to that point.  I shave it all of - can't stand it and I definitely want to keep it this way.  I'm not shaving as often as before, but I will continue to shave.

BFP #1 4/6/12 CP 4/10/12 @5 wks

BFP #2 5/6/12 EDD 1/16/13  DD born on her EDD 1/16/13

BFP #3 1/26/14 EDD 10/9/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • C does it for me, he loves it and it's relaxing. Meh! LOL
  • First, I am totally shocked at how many husbands are doing the job! I would never ask and it would totally gross him out!

I can still keep myself somewhat groomed. I talked to a girl who used to work in L&D about it. She said, that it was odd when women were totally bald and also when they looked like a jungle. Anything in between was normal. I'm hoping to be "in between" during labor!

• I use an electric trimmer and my bathroom mirror. It's not as concise but hey, it's better than nothing! I refuse to wax.
  • I'm also using an electric trimmer.  DH would probably end up butchering me if he tried to shave me...
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby248 - ETA 1/10/13
  • imagehansonam446:
    I use an electric trimmer and my bathroom mirror. It's not as concise but hey, it's better than nothing! I refuse to wax.

Can I ask why you refuse to wax? 

Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • I wax, it's not that bad.. 15 minutes every 3-4 weeks and you don't have to think about it. I like to be presentable and shaving every day or every other say is just not an option right now so, I wax it off and everybody is happy :)

I'm giving up on the whole signature thing.

• imagelulamagoo:

Wax.

This. I've kept up with my regular Brazilians. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just trim. I'm an "in-between" lady. I can't stand it all shaved but I can't stand a jungle.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Proud mama to a little boy with Horner's Syndrome and milk protein sensitivity, and a little girl with multiple food allergies. 
  • I still shave it completely pretty regularly. With some careful maneuvering, I can still see enough. Otherwise, I've gotten pretty good at doing it blind
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm at 28 weeks and still shaving. I don't want to wax because I hear it hurts even more when pregnant. DH has offered to do it when it gets too complicated not sure ill let him.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagehellojenny531:
    imagelulamagoo:

Wax.

This. I haven't had a razor down there ever since I started to get waxed a few years ago. Of course it will hurt, but it's not a big deal. The place I go to is great and they keep me talking the whole time so my mind isn't focused on the pain so much. 

This for me. I was afraid to get waxed while pregnant but it wasn't too bad. And the more you do it the less your hair grows back.  

• imageAllison546:
    imagelulamagoo:

Wax.

I've also kept up with my Brazillians. I have noticed them getting a bit more painful as time as gone on due to the senstitivty down south. I go to a Eurpoean Wax Center. They use hard wax and I'm in an out in less than 10 minutes (it MAYBE takes 5 minutes for the entire waxing). It's really not as bad as people make it sound. Yeah, it stings, but it's manageable and you don't walk around in pain for hours after.

Honestly, I may just take November and December off (our sex life is sadly coming to an end I think) and do another at the beginning of January before my EDD.

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• I still shave, belly and all. it's hard but when i was prego with DD i figured out how to work my hands around the belly to get to my lady bits how i needed to. and i usually only do the touch and feel method. even when not pregnant because i shave with soap in my hair haha. so yeah...
    I said, "Oh my, what a marvelous tune" It was the best night, never would forget how we moved. The whole place was dressed to the nines, And we were dancing, dancing Like we're made of starlight Like we're made of starlight. ~TS AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • imagebrittandjp:
    imageAllison546:
    imagelulamagoo:

Wax.

I've also kept up with my Brazillians. I have noticed them getting a bit more painful as time as gone on due to the senstitivty down south. I go to a Eurpoean Wax Center. They use hard wax and I'm in an out in less than 10 minutes (it MAYBE takes 5 minutes for the entire waxing). It's really not as bad as people make it sound. Yeah, it stings, but it's manageable and you don't walk around in pain for hours after.

Honestly, I may just take November and December off (our sex life is sadly coming to an end I think) and do another at the beginning of January before my EDD.

Love European Wax Center!  They are so quick, they elevate the bed so you aren't lying flat on your back, cannot recommend them enough! 

Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • imageannetastic071710:

First, I am totally shocked at how many husbands are doing the job! I would never ask and it would totally gross him out!

I can still keep myself somewhat groomed. I talked to a girl who used to work in L&D about it. She said, that it was odd when women were totally bald and also when they looked like a jungle. Anything in between was normal. I'm hoping to be "in between" during labor!

This is why I felt I had to stop. Id hate to go in patchy because I went in blind.  Hopefully I can get dh to trim it up before I go in at least.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagelulamagoo:

imagehansonam446:
    I use an electric trimmer and my bathroom mirror. It's not as concise but hey, it's better than nothing! I refuse to wax.

Can I ask why you refuse to wax? 

Fear I guess. I know, I'm a wuss but I only JUST got my eyebrows waxed for the first time last year. (I'm about to be 25). I don't have a moral reason just a low pain tolerance lol
  • I will keep doing it blind until the end. If I end up with another c/s I don't want to be a jungle down there for them to have to get through with shaving me at the hospital.

I did it until the end with my first & then ended up with an unscheduled c/s. I'm glad I kept it up!

• I have a lot of problems with ingrown hairs if I wax or shave completely so I keep mine nice and short (less than 1/4 inch) with a cordless moustache and beard trimmer.

I can do it by touch and don't worry about cutting myself since it isn't designed to cut to the skin level.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I always get regular bikini waxes anyway, so I just keep it up during pregnancy.
  • I just realized this morning that it's getting out of control down there. I HATE shaving, so I'll probably trim and then go get a bikini wax. I don't know if I can deal with a Brazilian right now, but it needs to be cleaned up down there.
    Ashley Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"