Multiples
Options

Best breast pump???

Anyone have some advice regarding the best kind of double electric breast pump to purchase? On a budget but want to get the most out of my purchase. Already checked and pump rentals are not available in my area. Looking at the Medella pump in style, Avent twin pump, and the Lansinoh double pump. Thoughts??

Re: Best breast pump???

• Options
    I had the Ameda Purely yours double pump...worked great, easy to clean, reasonable price can plug in or use batteries if on the go! Would highly recommend it!
  • Options

Especially if you're on a budget, you might want to consider waiting until the babies are born. Mine ended up coming a week earlier then planned and spent 9 days in the NICU. They gave me a hospital grade pump to use while they were there and then the hospital LCs strongly recommended renting one because my supply wasn't good. I had a double pump as well - the Ameda one actually - and never got close to what I was able to get when using the hospital grade one (Medal Symphony). It cost around $20/week to rent if I remember correctly. It helps stimulate your supply - unlike normal pumps - which is helpful if you have a low supply or babies who don't latch we'll.

ETA - reading fail. I just saw that you said rentals aren't available in your area. Do you have a MoMs group? They might be able to tell you if any of them found one. My hospital rented them as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When are you due?  Your insurance may cover your breast pump, starting Jan 2013. Mine will cover double electric pumps purchased through their approved medical supply company. 
    imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I have medela freestyle.  I like it.  Easy to use and handsfree.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"