April 2013 Moms

~~ Confession Friday ~~

What's on your minds, women?
The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.

Re: ~~ Confession Friday ~~

• I feel guilty as hell going about my business at work like everything is normal, knowing full well I don't plan to return to work after the baby is born.  It's way too early to have this conversation with my boss, but I'm still feeling the guilt.
    The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • i'm really trying to figure out a way to get out of work today..  i'm really not wanting to be here so i'm going to think of an excuse to leave early. 
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm contemplating either chips and salsa, cinnabon toaster strudel, or Barney's Santas White Christmas Ice Cream for breakfast... hmmm...
    Young and in Love.
    11.07.09 <3<BR> From Hightops to Flatlands: My Blog
    BabyFruit Ticker Labor Buddies! TheSinger & Jennery!
  • I enjoyed yesterday's UO's. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I slept almost all day yesterday and let DD1 eat a ton of snacks and watch TV from the time she got home from school (early dismissal, mind you) to the time she fell asleep at 10 pm last night.  She made a huge mess in the living room and kitchen, and I did the bare minimum to clean it before I went to sleep last night.  DD2 also spent most of her time in her pack'n'play, with the exception of diaper changes and feeding times.  For the record, I was that miserable.

// I love you too. //

• [pity party for one]

I'm disappointed in how we're celebrating my birthday. DH always tells me "Don't worry, I've got some ideas!", so then I get excited and think outside of the box of all the things we could possibly do. Without fail, just a few days before he gets exasperated and says "You're too difficult to shop for. I don't know what you want."

So tonight, we're going to grab a dinner and go shopping at the Mall of America . . . which should be perfect, but I always hope, since he says he has ideas, that he's going to come through with a great gift/activity. I'm just let down that for being married for 6 years and his stating he has ideas, he's coming empty handed.

It doesn't help that I have to shoot an engagement session and a wedding tomorrow on my birthday. I then have 6 sessions on Sunday. This crappy weather has resulted in a lot of rescheduled sessions, otherwise I would have had the morning of my birthday and Sunday free. :(

:: wine for my whine? anybody, please? :: 

PnR's: I adore my DH and he is a great man, so I'm not trying to bash him. Just expressing my disappointment over my birthday. I don't expect him to read my mind. He got my hopes up, but unfortunately wasn't able to actualize. 

Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• imagemirroredimage:

I am the biitchiest pregnant woman ever and I pretty much don't care.  I deal with stupid people who have no idea how to follow simple directions all day long and it's gotten to the point that this is how I feel about everything related to my job:

I love this so much.

• imageBartonBaby:
    i'm really trying to figure out a way to get out of work today..  i'm really not wanting to be here so i'm going to think of an excuse to leave early. 

This is me, every day, lately.

I'm going in to put in an appearance, thne working from home.  All I have to do today is about 800 pages of proposal reading, and I can do that much better from my sofa, in yoga pants.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagemypalbabs:
    What's on your minds, women?

I got pumpkin munchkins on the way to work and someone brought in doughnuts too. I'm going to eat both and I'm ok with it. I had a decent week in the gym and we're going camping/hiking this weekend.

Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemirroredimage:

I am the biitchiest pregnant woman ever and I pretty much don't care.  I deal with stupid people who have no idea how to follow simple directions all day long and it's gotten to the point that this is how I feel about everything related to my job:

This is exactly how I feel about work these days, too. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

[pity party for one]

I'm disappointed in how we're celebrating my birthday. DH always tells me "Don't worry, I've got some ideas!", so then I get excited and think outside of the box of all the things we could possibly do. Without fail, just a few days before he gets exasperated and says "You're too difficult to shop for. I don't know what you want."

So tonight, we're going to grab a dinner and go shopping at the Mall of America . . . which should be perfect, but I always hope, since he says he has ideas, that he's going to come through with a great gift/activity. I'm just let down that for being married for 6 years and his stating he has ideas, he's coming empty handed.

It doesn't help that I have to shoot an engagement session and a wedding tomorrow on my birthday. I then have 6 sessions on Sunday. This crappy weather has resulted in a lot of rescheduled sessions, otherwise I would have had the morning of my birthday and Sunday free. :(

:: wine for my whine? anybody, please? :: 

PnR's: I adore my DH and he is a great man, so I'm not trying to bash him. Just expressing my disappointment over my birthday. I don't expect him to read my mind. He got my hopes up, but unfortunately wasn't able to actualize. 

I'm sorry- I know how you feel. I love my DH and he really is a wonderful man, but birthdays and special occasions really aren't his forte. He "tries" but we are far apart on our ideas of things. Here's hoping your DH pulls through and knocks your socks off! Happy early birthday!

• Here's my confession:

I do not like my husband's family.  I never got to meet his mom, she died about two years before we met.  But his dad, stepmom, brothers, and stepsisters?  I don't like them.  I'm so glad they live in Northern Wisconsin.  But I resent using up DH's precious vacation time visiting them.

I mean, I really, really dislike them. 

One of my best friends ("B") offered to be our surrogate, and we're now expecting a baby in April 2013 after two cycles of natural IUI at the Jones Institute. For medical reasons, we are not biologically related to our unborn child. Yes, I guess that makes this a "planned adoption."

Waiting for our Miracle Baby, Carly Marie, Due April 24, 2013!

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageJSS1002:

imageBartonBaby:
    i'm really trying to figure out a way to get out of work today..&nbsp; i'm really not wanting to be here so i'm going to think of an excuse to leave early.&nbsp;

This is me, every day, lately.

I'm going in to put in an appearance, thne working from home.&nbsp; All I have to do today is about 800 pages of proposal reading, and I can do that much better from my sofa, in yoga pants.

This is me for the last 3 months. I love my job, but I just have other things on my mind. It also doesn't help that I have very few deadlines. Makes procrastinating so much easier.

• imagelovelyday39:
    imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

[pity party for one]

I'm sorry- I know how you feel. I love my DH and he really is a wonderful man, but birthdays and special occasions really aren't his forte. He "tries" but we are far apart on our ideas of things. Here's hoping your DH pulls through and knocks your socks off! Happy early birthday!

I'm glad someone could understand where I was coming from! I'm definitely not being one of those girls who just sit all coy, basically demanding their DH figure out the perfect gift.

Thank you!  

Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• imagemirroredimage:
    Don't get me wrong....it's AWESOME what he has planned and I'm looking very forward to it, but I've known about it since the end of September so there is no actual birthday surprise.  It's just a date that has been planned forever.

Can you tell one his friends/family members/your friends to tell him to step it up with something special when he gets home?

Gah. That does sound fantastic, but I had to laugh at "It's just a date that has been planned forever." 100%

You know what, I should have my BFF put a bug in his ear that I'll be home early from my wedding, since it's just a short 6 hour one, and that he could plan something for when I got home . . .  

• DH started talking "what if's" about this LO possibly being a girl. Honestly, even though it's a 50/50, it feels like the chips are stacked against us after two [awesome] boys, so it's not something we even talk about.

Last night he said "and if this one [patting my belly] is a little missus . . . " and went one to talk about future family vacations. I've never ever heard DH say "missus" before in my life, but it made my heart stop in the sweetest, most endearing way possible.

I really hope we get a daughter.  

• imageMrs.Leah.Maria:
    imagelovelyday39:
    imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

[pity party for one]

I'm glad someone could understand where I was coming from! I'm definitely not being one of those girls who just sit all coy, basically demanding their DH figure out the perfect gift.

Thank you!  

FI and I haven't been together that long, but he is the same way. I am always getting him little things here and there (I like writing notes and actually mailing cards in the mail, lol), and he is always amazed at the gifts I've gotten him (birthday, christmas, our 1 year anniversary, etc.) and I know he wants to go all-out to give me something amazing, but his idea of amazing and my idea of amazing just haven't met yet, lol. And I don't want to straight up tell him what I want otherwise where's the surprise, I could just go and get it myself.

OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagelovelyday39:
    imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

[pity party for one]

I'm disappointed in how we're celebrating my birthday. DH always tells me "Don't worry, I've got some ideas!", so then I get excited and think outside of the box of all the things we could possibly do. Without fail, just a few days before he gets&nbsp;exasperated&nbsp;and says "You're too difficult to shop for. I don't know what you want."

It doesn't help that I have to shoot an engagement session and&nbsp;a wedding tomorrow on my birthday. I then have 6 sessions on Sunday. This crappy weather has resulted in a lot of rescheduled sessions, otherwise I would have had the morning of my birthday and Sunday free. :(

:: wine for my whine? anybody, please? ::&nbsp;

PnR's: I adore my DH and he is a great man, so I'm not trying to bash him. Just expressing my disappointment over my birthday. I don't expect him to read my mind. He got my hopes up, but unfortunately wasn't able to actualize.&nbsp;

MH is the same way. I feel bad being disappointed and I try to hide it, but some times I just can't. I know he tries though. My favorite was when he put sticky notes with sweet things on them all over the inside of my car one random day.

• imagemypalbabs:
    I feel guilty as hell going about my business at work like everything is normal, knowing full well I don't plan to return to work after the baby is born.  It's way too early to have this conversation with my boss, but I'm still feeling the guilt.

This!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:

I enjoyed yesterday's UO's. 

I confess that I too, enjoyed them. But I bump at night, and people had already left by the time I had anything to say. 

• imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

DH started talking "what if's" about this LO possibly being a girl. Honestly, even though it's a 50/50, it feels like the chips are stacked against us after two [awesome] boys, so it's not something we even talk about.

Last night he said "and if this one [patting my belly] is a little missus . . . " and went one to talk about future family vacations. I've never ever heard DH say "missus" before in my life, but it made my heart stop in the sweetest, most endearing way possible.

That is too cute :) FI REALLY wants a boy, but about two weeks ago, with both our girls sleeping in the other room, we were talking about how my daughter is going to be a really good big sister (she's so good with his daughter), and he slipped and said "She'll have the girls following her around." and I was like girlS, plural?? He was surprised he said it but I reminded him that it very well could be a girl, so it's good to be prepared :)

OMG too many tickers...
  • Ds is refusing to eat anything i give him lately. So this morning, he ate an oreo for breakfast. I'm just glad he ate something.
  • I kind of resent that my sister and her family never come to visit us and always make us take the 6 hour drive. They've only been here twice in 3 years. Once when I was recovering from surgery and once for our wedding. If it wasn't for my niece and nephew we wouldn't go there nearly as often as we do.

• I eat 2 breakfasts Embarrassed  I'll eat a bowl of oatmeal at home, and then once I get off the bus at work I run into the Starbucks and get a small coffee and one of their fruit & cheese boxes (usually I get a cheese danish though).  The last two days I've been really bad and have gotten McDonalds breakfast sandwiches (and yes, that is plural, I've gotten the meal and then an extra sandwich!)  I need to stop!!
    Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imagerandomnames:
     MH is the same way. I feel bad being disappointed and I try to hide it, but some times I just can't. I know he tries though. My favorite was when he put sticky notes with sweet things on them all over the inside of my car one random day.

At least we know they're trying! The post it note story is adorable! 

I enjoyed yesterday's UO's. 

OMG yes, me too!!

Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I only have 3ish more weeks of work left (I'm a nanny) and I realized this week that I don't think I'll miss it.. like, at all.   I feel kinda bad. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

Awwww that is so sweet <3

I hope you get your girl too. I know the odds are in favor of another boy (70% according to my u/s tech), but I'm pretty sure the baby doesn't care about odds :)

• imageMiss Bri:
    I eat 2 breakfasts [:]nbsp; I'll eat a bowl of oatmeal at home, and then once I get off the bus at work I run into the Starbucks and get a small coffee and one of their fruit amp; cheese boxes usually I get a cheese danish though.nbsp; The last two days I've been really bad and have gotten McDonalds breakfast sandwiches and yes, that is plural, I've gotten the meal and then an extra sandwich!nbsp; I need to stop!!

Two breakfasts is the way to go! I have cereal with yogurt at home or a breakfast bar in the car if I'm running late, then oatmeal at work.

• imageSpringPeeper:
    I won't be surprised if we get several "they told us boy/girl, but it's not!" posts in about 4 weeks when people start getting their a/s scans.

LOL I was thinking this the other day...

OMG too many tickers...
  • I am drinking a Skinny Vanilla Latte (2 pumps only). I haven't had caffine in a long time and I am on a high right now. I am sure baby is too! Happy Friday

• imageMrs.Leah.Maria:

imagerandomnames:
    &nbsp;MH is the same way. I feel bad being disappointed and I try to hide it, but some times I just can't. I know he tries though. My favorite was when he put sticky notes with sweet things on them all over the inside of my car one random day.

At least we know they're trying! The post it note story is adorable!&nbsp;

I know, that was awesome! I still have the stickies in my wallet and look at them when I need a pick me up. Hmm, maybe I should remind him how awesome that was.

• imageSpringPeeper:
    I won't be surprised if we get several "they told us boy/girl, but it's not!" posts in about 4 weeks when people start getting their a/s scans.

Ha Ha - So true.

At our NT scan, the tech thought this LO might be a boy, but I'm not holding my breath. In fact, I'm still calling the baby "it" until we get the a/s scan. 

Also, I might not read those "they were wrong" posts. 

• imageSpringPeeper:

I'm sincerely hoping for at least one "they told us baby, but it's a pterodactyl!"  

• imagerandomnames:
    I kind of resent that my sister and her family never come to visit us and always make us take the 6 hour drive. They've only been here twice in 3 years. Once when I was recovering from surgery and once for our wedding. If it wasn't for my niece and nephew we wouldn't go there nearly as often as we do.

It's unfortunate but (and I'm only going off your siggy here, so I apologize if I'm wrong) since you don't have any kids and they have two, I can totally understand why they don't come visit you more.

The 6-hour drive might be an annoyance for you, but I would bet good money it's 100 x harder for them with 2 kids in tow.

imagerandomnames:
    I kind of resent that my sister and her family never come to visit us and always make us take the 6 hour drive. They've only been here twice in 3 years. Once when I was recovering from surgery and once for our wedding. If it wasn't for my niece and nephew we wouldn't go there nearly as often as we do.

It's unfortunate but (and I'm only going off your siggy here, so I apologize if I'm wrong) since you don't have any kids and they have two, I can totally understand why they don't come visit you more.

The 6-hour drive might be an annoyance for you, but I would bet good money it's 100 x harder for them with 2 kids in tow.

I agree with MMHa, you may see them differently once you have LO and realize it's not a cake walk to take a kid of any age on a 6-hour drive.  It's especially difficult with two.  =/

// I love you too. //

• I had a phone interview a few weeks ago. If it wasn't such a badass company, I'd probably blow them off. And I want all of it over either way so I can make my facebook announcement now that I'm almost 13 weeks. But I don't want to give them any internet ammo to not hire me - they can probably pick enough reasons not to hire me on their own. After being unemployed a year, I don't want to go back to work any time soon because my mom was a SOHM. DH's mom wasn't a SOHM and was a guidance counselor so he doesn't understand any of that much. It's a hard mental transmission when I'm building a baby from the couch. I'd at least like to be home for a bit once LO is born. I can handle not buying clothes/shoes/etc for myself but I know going back to work would take the pressure off DH. I was too proud to collect unemployment when I got laid off so we're just living off of his salary. He also doesn't understand the prospect of getting a badass job and while legally they can't hold you being pregnant against you - they can do it socially (and I've seen it done at my previous position). So I'm not looking to starting out in the hole. Wheeeee!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imageSpringPeeper:

We thought the same on my July '11 BMB, but only had ONE!

• imagemirroredimage:

I sit on public toilet seats because I think that hovering is what causes pee to get on the seats.  As far as I'm concerned I shower daily so any germs that are on my thighs get washed away.

So all you hovers out there who are scared of toilet seat pee....you're scared of your own pee.  How's that make you feel?

I sit, too, and I always wipe the seat beforehand. Honestly, I don't understand how people can pee on a seat and then not clean up after themselves. It's disgusting. I would be way embarrassed if I sprinkled, walked out and then saw the next lady walk into the same stall.

Also, I'm really short so I feel like by the time I'm squatting enough over the seat, I'm practically sitting on it anyway. It's just awkward.

OMG too many tickers...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"