Babies: 3 - 6 Months

OK to tell people for Christmas?

I really don't care what people in our families get us or DS for Christmas, I am thankful for anything, but every year DH's parents and my mom insists on giving them a list of a few things we would like. When/if they do this with DS this year, is it ok to tell them sippee cups/bowls things like that? He has tons of toys and clothes already. I planned on telling people books for sure, but then started thinking that maybe the sippee cups/bowls/plates are more for DH and I even though DS will be using them? It's not like we can't afford to get these ourselves, we definitely can, and I plan on putting some spoons in DS's stocking, but thought since it's something he's going to be needing around Christmas time, maybe it would be ok to tell them these items also? I know telling them these things definitely doesn't mean they have to get them either!
imagePhotobucket width="180px"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: OK to tell people for Christmas?

• That's what I plan to do. If they ask...

I have "collected" things on an Amazon wishlist (since that is where we registerd) an dit is great. It has all the stuff we didn't get at the baby showers, and I can add anything I want from any website.

DS has so many toys already and with 4 sets of grandparents I know we are jsut going to end up with more, but a least this way Ican ad things as I think of them and then jsut send them a link to the wishlist.

BTW this wishlist contains things that I will buy regardless, but this way when they ask I don't have to say the traditional " I don't know let me think about it, and get back to you".

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• It's never too early to start a college fund.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker"0" />border="0" />
  • Loading the player...
  • I dont see anything wrong with that.  My mom likes to shop very early so I recently made a fb event page and made a list of things he needs/toy ideas and invited all of my family.  That way they can post what they got and see what we are giving him and everyone is in the loop! Hopefully it works because both my parents and DH's parents are divorced so it is hard to communicate all of the logistics for holidays sometimes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecturtle78:
    It's never too early to start a college fund.

We already have. We plan on putting money in it for Christmas and just getting a few things from us for pictures. And everybody in our families knows we have one started, but most people in our family want to actually get him something materialistic besides just money towards his college fund.

imagePhotobucket width="180px"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNSYoder26:

That's what I plan to do. If they ask...

I have "collected" things on an Amazon wishlist (since that is where we registerd) an dit is great. It has all the stuff we didn't get at the baby showers, and I can add anything I want from any website.

DS has so many toys already and with 4 sets of grandparents I know we are jsut going to end up with more, but a least this way Ican ad things as I think of them and then jsut send them a link to the wishlist.

BTW this wishlist contains things that I will buy regardless, but this way when they ask I don't have to say the traditional " I don't know let me think about it, and get back to you".

this is what we've been oing! It's so handy!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"