November 2012 Moms

Dumb question....do you wear a bra during labor?

I am giving birth in a hospital and I realize I will be wearing a gown.. but a bra? I have DDDs right now so I really hate not having anything on but I wondered if you need to take it off for any sort of monitoring they might do. I have a nude colored nursing bra and it occurred to me if they put her on my chest right away that it might get ruined.

party-fails-crunk-critters-catnips-a-hell-of-a-drug Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker (formerly TTGP poster abfromva)

Re: Dumb question....do you wear a bra during labor?

• No, they had me take mine off in triage before there was even a game plan. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wore mine and I had an epidural.  I just felt more comfortable wearing it and no one mentioned anything about taking it off.  In retrospect I wish I would have switched into a nursing bra to make it easier to nurse right after delivery but it really wasn't too big of a deal.  Do whatever makes you feel more comfortable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • They let me keep mine on during labor (socks, too); I took it off right afterward to make learning to bf easier.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was wearing a really soft unstructured bra during my last labor (mostly because everything went so fast). It did end up getting thrown out after DS was placed on my chest.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I never wore a bra during labor/birth.

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've read about people wearing a sports bra during labor. So I packed one of those in my hospital bag.  But that would definitely be hard to bf in right after... hmmmm

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I wore a swim suit top with DD, it tied around the neck and had a z clasp in the back so it was really easy to take off. I also wore my knee high socks ( which ended up being thrown away) It was freaking cold in there!
  • Had to take it off, only thing I had on was a gown and socks! Lol
    oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I wore a sports bra the whole time. I walked around a lot during labor and felt more comfortable having a bra on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep, a black nursing bra (soft style). No worries about stains, good support. 
  • They made me take mine off. I HATE being braless. I am going to bring a sports bra this time. I think the issue is more for safety with the underwire and clasp interfering with some medical interventions if they are necessary. So hopefully they will let me wear a sports bra and we can all be happy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I purchased a twin pack of these nursing sports bra things.

I mean,  I wouldnt workout in them, they are just soft and crisscross in the front so you can whip out a boob real quick. I figured it would give me a little support, be easy to nurse in, and I could also wear one in the tub if I decided to do that.

I got black so they wouldnt look gross and so it wouldnt be see through if wet.

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I plan on wearing a low cut sports bra that can get wet (I'm hoping for a water birth), and I can easily nurse in or remove.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My DH got me this to wear during labor: https://www.amazon.com/Pretty-Pushers-Disposable-Delivery-Labor/dp/B002OFVEWW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=6U0XPV5B8YXO&coliid=I1V5VF1BYMA7VK

It is even cuter in person. The halter top slips right off, so I will probably take that part off when I'm pushing, as I want to do skin to skin and try to breastfeed immediately after giving birth. I don't plan on wearing anything underneath it.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I have a black sleeping bra that criss-crosses in the front and has no clasps. It is super comfy now and fairly inexpensive. I intend to wear it unless they tell me otherwise.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"