1st Trimester

I'm new here..

Hi everyone,
I'm currently trying to get pregnant but was told repeatedly in the Trying To Get Pregnant board to come here because I asked a question about implantation cramping. Boy that was a nightmare. I hope this board is a bit more laid back. lol Anyway, I am trying for baby # 3. Hope to be joining you all soon.

Re: I'm new here..

• Good luck! I'm on number 3 and had slight cramping a week before AF was due. Haven't had any since then.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is my first I had some slight cramps nothing intense around time af was do. Good luck baby dust to you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you! I'm hoping it's implantation cramps. It comes and goes so hopefully that's what it is! I can test on Monday and hopefully will get a BFP! :)
  • Welcome!  I can only back up what the PPs said.  I had lots of cramping last week (when my period would have been due), and since then it's waxed and waned but mostly gone away.  I tested on the very first day that my period was due, and got a positive straightaway.  Good luck to you!  :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family
  • You do realize that the ladies of that board can see this too right? It's very offensive to ask if you are pregnant to ladies who are trying to but are not yet. Obviously that would not go well if you asked someone in the same position in real life so it's best to be sensitive to others anywhere you find yourself. 

Aside from that, I did have cramping a few days leading up to expected AF and found BFP from each of those four experiences. So it could be a sign. Good luck to you.  

imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so confused as to why it would be rude to ask that question? Some of the women on the TTGP board have children so have some previous experience and to the women who do not simply do not chime in. I read post that some of the 1st tri women put up to ask questions and if I am correct some of the women that are on the TTGP board answer the question, so is that considered rude also? No matter where someone is in the stage whether it be pregnant or TTC if you have advice we should not look at it as this person is being rude but look at it as they need help.  
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker mybb image BabyName Ticker
  • imagecarolina1209:

Hi everyone,
    I'm currently trying to get pregnant but was told repeatedly in the Trying To Get Pregnant board to come here because I asked a question about implantation cramping. Boy that was a nightmare. I hope this board is a bit more laid back. lol Anyway, I am trying for baby # 3. Hope to be joining you all soon.

- Ashley

I did have some type of cramps but they went away after I got my BFP....

• imagemom2be0513:
    I am so confused as to why it would be rude to ask that question? Some of the women on the TTGP board have children so have some previous experience and to the women who do not simply do not chime in. I read post that some of the 1st tri women put up to ask questions and if I am correct some of the women that are on the TTGP board answer the question, so is that considered rude also? No matter where someone is in the stage whether it be pregnant or TTC if you have advice we should not look at it as this person is being rude but look at it as they need help.  

Yes

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had cramping and thought surely AF would be arriving anytime. 6 days later.. BFP! I had consitent but not too painful, mostly uncomfortable, cramping up until about 6 weeks. It seems to have quit for the most part. Welcome!!
    BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imagemom2be0513:
    I am so confused as to why it would be rude to ask that question? Some of the women on the TTGP board have children so have some previous experience and to the women who do not simply do not chime in. I read post that some of the 1st tri women put up to ask questions and if I am correct some of the women that are on the TTGP board answer the question, so is that considered rude also? No matter where someone is in the stage whether it be pregnant or TTC if you have advice we should not look at it as this person is being rude but look at it as they need help.  

Ask for help, of course, but make sure to ask to the right group. This is a great place to ask ladies. Yes, some ladies on TTGP, etc. may have children but there is still a better time and place, obviously. If you go to the right board, you are more likely to get a TON of advice an help, rather just a few comments and hurting others. It's just common courtesy to be sensitive to others around you...on the bump and IRL.  

imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

• I'm slightly confused too. TTGP has a lot to do with leading up to getting pregnant which involves signs and symptoms that some may experience before their BFP. If you don't have a BFP, you are technically still TTGP :]

Reguardless, I had a lot of cramping leading up to and continued until about 9weeks. Praying for your BFP. GOOD LUCK!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imageHoolahZinger:

imagemom2be0513:

Ask for help, of course, but make sure to ask to the right group. This is a great place to ask ladies. Yes, some ladies on TTGP, etc. may have children but there is still a better time and place, obviously. If you go to the right board, you are more likely to get a TON of advice an help, rather just a few comments and hurting others. It's just common courtesy to be sensitive to others around you...on the bump and IRL.  

I understand that a lot of women on the TTGP are not pregnant but the ones who have been could of easily answered the question, she did not say she was pregnant she asked about implantation cramps a known symptom of pregnancy in some women which we probably could answer better because we are all going through this stage.  She asked the ladies actively trying because maybe one is at the same stage she is at or has been there before. IMHO I did not feel it was neccesary for her to be attacked like that, call me what you want, she handled herself well and moved on. I ask my SIL about pregnancy questions and she and my brother are trying but the reason I asked her is because she has been pregnant before and may have some insight just like some of the ladies on that board.   

• imageHoolahZinger:

You do realize that the ladies of that board can see this too right? It's very offensive to ask if you are pregnant to ladies who are trying to but are not yet. Obviously that would not go well if you asked someone in the same position in real life so it's best to be sensitive to others anywhere you find yourself. 

Aside from that, I did have cramping a few days leading up to expected AF and found BFP from each of those four experiences. So it could be a sign. Good luck to you.  

I was specifically asking about implantation cramping not whether or not they thought I was pregnant. As of right now i'm not pregnant either and I really didn't find my question to be insensitive. I do realize they can see this and that's fine with me. Thank you for the luck.
  • imagemom2be0513:
    imageHoolahZinger:

imagemom2be0513:

I understand that a lot of women on the TTGP are not pregnant but the ones who have been could of easily answered the question, she did not say she was pregnant she asked about implantation cramps a known symptom of pregnancy in some women which we probably could answer better because we are all going through this stage.  She asked the ladies actively trying because maybe one is at the same stage she is at or has been there before. IMHO I did not feel it was neccesary for her to be attacked like that, call me what you want, she handled herself well and moved on. I ask my SIL about pregnancy questions and she and my brother are trying but the reason I asked her is because she has been pregnant before and may have some insight just like some of the ladies on that board.   

Meh, I guess you didn't get my point. I don't want to split hairs over this...just give a different point of view since there were some hurt feelings. Good luck to you again OP. I did mention my personal experience and I hope you find your BFP!  

imageimage

• imagemom2be0513:
    THANK YOU! I was baffled by this as well, I would never speak to someone like that in 'real life' even if I thought it was a 'silly' question. But I guess some others feel it's ok to do so behind a computer screen. Regardless, it's old news I deleted the post so that it wouldn't feed anymore drama. I know no one needs that! :)
  • imagemom2be0513:
    This!
  • courty625 Well that's encouraging, because that sounds like what I'm experiencing. This is just a different sensation than my last two pregnancies, although its been a while since I've been pregnant, I feel like its my first. : Thanks!
  • imagecarolina1209:
    imagemom2be0513:
    THANK YOU! I was baffled by this as well, I would never speak to someone like that in 'real life' even if I thought it was a 'silly' question. But I guess some others feel it's ok to do so behind a computer screen. Regardless, it's old news I deleted the post so that it wouldn't feed anymore drama. I know no one needs that! :)

Since you're new here, I'll enlighten you. On all of the bump, not just TTGP it's considered rude to dirty delete aka DD a post. The drama was fed even MORE by you deleting because now there's an entire post about that. Oh and btw...they can see what you say here, too. YWIA.

• I don't care if they see this. I've said nothing mean at all. And I didn't know I meant so much to people that literally 5 hours later I have a whole two treads dedicated to me. But apparently a post dedicated to actually bashing someone is less offensive than asking a question about pregnancy. I deleted it because it was getting ridiculous. Just let it go.
  • imageBeaglechon2012:

imagecarolina1209:
    imagemom2be0513:

Since you're new here, I'll enlighten you. On all of the bump, not just TTGP it's considered rude to dirty delete aka DD a post. The drama was fed even MORE by you deleting because now there's an entire post about that. Oh and btw...they can see what you say here, too. YWIA.

This lol
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagecarolina1209:
    I don't care if they see this. I've said nothing mean at all. And I didn't know I meant so much to people that literally 5 hours later I have a whole two treads dedicated to me. But apparently a post dedicated to actually bashing someone is less offensive than asking a question about pregnancy. I deleted it because it was getting ridiculous. Just let it go.

As I'm sure you'll also learn, people don't forget here on the bump. You're the one that continued it even more by starting off your post here bashing TTGP. That upsets a lot of people, me included because as someone who spent enough time there to understand why the board operates the way it does you're one of 2 million people who come and post a question, then get butthurt when the board doesn't support their fishing. But alas, I've only got my memory to go on and since you DDed no one new can actually see what you said nor what was said to you.

• sigh I'm not butthurt. They DID tell me to come here and that board was a nightmare for me. I never asked or fished for someone to tell me I was pregnant. It's been a while since I've TTC that's why I asked. My comment about having two boys and a husband was in response to the "Know how to work a penis manual" comment. I said "thanks, I have two boys and a happy husband I think I know how to work one". I'm not going to let people say nasty things to me and roll over. I didn't come on here to make enemies, wish them all the best.
  • I gave dates so that people could understand where I was in my cycle which means this is about the time of implantation if I were to be pregnant. Seeing as i am trying. At the very end I said "So my question is has anyone experienced implantation cramps?". It wouldn't make a hill of beans difference if anyone said I was pregnant or not. I was asking about a specific symptom that maybe someone else might be sharing right now. Right off the bat everyone was sarcastic and rude and saying immature things like I had to crap or something. I didn't start the drama, if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all! :
  • imagecarolina1209:
    I gave dates so that people could understand where I was in my cycle which means this is about the time of implantation if I were to be pregnant. Seeing as i am trying. At the very end I said "So my question is has anyone experienced implantation cramps?". It wouldn't make a hill of beans difference if anyone said I was pregnant or not. I was asking about a specific symptom that maybe someone else might be sharing right now. Right off the bat everyone was sarcastic and rude and saying immature things like I had to crap or something. I didn't start the drama, if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all! :

I gotta call BS on you not caring whether they said you were pregnant or not. You just said in this thread: "courty625 Well that's encouraging, because that sounds like what I'm experiencing. This is just a different sensation than my last two pregnancies, although its been a while since I've been pregnant, I feel like its my first. : Thanks!"  Ok...so it's encouraging that someone is telling you your symptoms could mean pregnancy since for them it did, but you don't care? Right.

• Um, it's encouraging because yes, I would like to have another child and this person obviously felt the same symptoms and is pregnant now. That does not mean I am pregnant this very moment.
  • imagecarolina1209:
    sigh I'm not butthurt. They DID tell me to come here and that board was a nightmare for me. I never asked or fished for someone to tell me I was pregnant. It's been a while since I've TTC that's why I asked. My comment about having two boys and a husband was in response to the "Know how to work a penis manual" comment. I said "thanks, I have two boys and a happy husband I think I know how to work one". I'm not going to let people say nasty things to me and roll over. I didn't come on here to make enemies, wish them all the best.

Really?  TTGP was a nightmare for you?  Because I'm watching The Walking Dead and I'm thinking my nightmares will forever involve the zombie apocalypse and not an amazing group of women on the Internet. 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • imagekacelle:

imagecarolina1209:
    sigh I'm not butthurt. They DID tell me to come here and that board was a nightmare for me. I never asked or fished for someone to tell me I was pregnant. It's been a while since I've TTC that's why I asked. My comment about having two boys and a husband was in response to the "Know how to work a penis manual" comment. I said "thanks, I have two boys and a happy husband I think I know how to work one". I'm not going to let people say nasty things to me and roll over. I didn't come on here to make enemies, wish them all the best.

Really?  TTGP was a nightmare for you?  Because I'm watching The Walking Dead and I'm thinking my nightmares will forever involve the zombie apocalypse and not an amazing group of women on the Internet. 

It was only a nightmare because we didn't say "SQUUUUUEEEEEEE your def preggo!"

DS born 8-16-2013
  • I love that show, but honestly it's not quite as scary. Lol sorry. Joke. I'm not
    sure why I have to justify my question or my desire to have a baby? Is this not The Bump? I dont appreciate being berated for asking a question, or having people make a thread solely to insult me...yea nightmare and just sad that people waste hours out of their day to be hateful to someone.
  • imagecarolina1209:
    I love that show, but honestly it's not quite as scary. Lol sorry. Joke. I'm notsure why I have to justify my question or my desire to have a baby? Is this not The Bump? I dont appreciate being berated for asking a question, or having people make a thread solely for to insult me...yea nightmare and just sad that people waste hours out of their day to be hateful to someone.

Why waste hours out of your day caring then? 

• I dont care. You guys came to this board to find me and continue this ridiculous bashing. I didnt realize this was the "doom and gloom never be happy about maybe getting pregnant" site. I don't need your squeals of excitement when it/if does happen.
  • imagekacelle:

imagecarolina1209:
    I love that show, but honestly it's not quite as scary. Lol sorry. Joke. I'm notsure why I have to justify my question or my desire to have a baby? Is this not The Bump? I dont appreciate being berated for asking a question, or having people make a thread solely for to insult me...yea nightmare and just sad that people waste hours out of their day to be hateful to someone.

Why waste hours out of your day caring then? 

Exactly. CLEARLY you care enough to continue responding. Seems like you have a lot of time on your hands also.

Im going back to the "nightmare board"...Since you know you're so smart and all...I mean you have like "2 boys and a husband"...smh 

DS born 8-16-2013
  • I didn't ask for anyone to tell me I was pregnant. Just thought since everyone was trying to get pregnant or has been pregnant they could possibly be at the same place I am or have had a similar symptom in the past. I introduced myself in a separate post and read through the newbie thing. I never said "Sqeee!" or acted like an airhead. Just looking for someone to maybe relate with.
  • imagecarolina1209:
    I dont care. You guys came to this board to find me and continue this ridiculous bashing. I didnt realize this was the "doom and gloom never be happy about maybe getting pregnant" site. I don't need your squeals of excitement when it/if does happen.

I don't come to 1st trimester to find you.  I'm pregnant.  I also lurk on TTGP because I spent over a year there and the women were incredibly supportive of me.  

This is a completely sincere tip that I think will help you if you're sensitive to comments online: Lurk on a board before posting.  You'll learn a lot about the regular posters there, the type of questions that are asked all the time, and which sort of posts go over well and which don't on the board.

• Never said I was "so smart". And I don't know what my family has to do with anything aside from what I already explained earlier. You're one to talk about wasting time...have fun talking about me at the nightmare board
  • Well, thanks for the tip. And even though its hard to convey online im nt being "snarky" right now. I was on IAmPregnant with my first son and we would all just ask any questions and it was no big deal. I just didnt respond if I didn't like it or have any input. This site is different though. And now I know....implantation cramps is NOT something to talk about.
  • imagecarolina1209:
    Never said I was "so smart". And I don't know what my family has to do with anything aside from what I already explained earlier. You're one to talk about wasting time...have fun talking about me at the nightmare board

Will do. Remember, you're the one asking internet strangers about your pg symptoms-if you are pg. Not to mention YOU mentioned your family and how "smart you are".

LOL. 

DS born 8-16-2013
  • imagecarolina1209:
    Well, thanks for the tip. And even though its hard to convey online im nt being "snarky" right now. I was on IAmPregnant with my first son and we would all just ask any questions and it was no big deal. I just didnt respond if I didn't like it or have any input. This site is different though. And now I know....implantation cramps is NOT something to talk about.

After 2 pages on 1st tri and your original post on TTGP this is all you've gathered -not to ask about implantation cramps? ....Sigh.

• imagecarolina1209:
    Well, thanks for the tip. And even though its hard to convey online im nt being "snarky" right now. I was on IAmPregnant with my first son and we would all just ask any questions and it was no big deal. I just didnt respond if I didn't like it or have any input. This site is different though. And now I know....implantation cramps is NOT something to talk about.

My suggestion wasn't snarky either (the quote button helps us figure out who you're talking to, by the way).  Yes, The Bump is different from most pregnancy forums out there, but I find that to be a very good thing.

Since you're now on 1st trimester, I'll tell you that I did have a couple of hours of period-like cramps at 6-7 DPO with my first two pregnancies.  I can't say for sure that was implantation cramping, but it was unusual for me.  I didn't have any cramping during the 2WW with this pregnancy. 

• Maybe I misunderstood the board. I didn't know it was a difficulty getting pregnant board, so it wasn't my intention to hurt anyone's feelings. I have dear friends who have struggled with TTC and IVF. Thats the last thing id do. I was just under the impression that since I was TTC that the TTGP board was the right place. I have since moved on and asked the 1st Tri board and they have been helpful. Regardless, I don't think it justifies the unkind remarks I've received. But I'm over it, I hope everyone else will be too.
  • imagekacelle:

imagecarolina1209:

My suggestion wasn't snarky either (the quote button helps us figure out who you're talking to, by the way).  Yes, The Bump is different from most pregnancy forums out there, but I find that to be a very good thing.

Since you're now on 1st trimester, I'll tell you that I did have a couple of hours of period-like cramps at 6-7 DPO with my first two pregnancies.  I can't say for sure that was implantation cramping, but it was unusual for me.  I didn't have any cramping during the 2WW with this pregnancy. 

Ahh ok. Trying to navigate this on my phone. Yeah, it just felt unusual for me also, I feel fine now no cramps. I'm about 7 DPO and I only get cramps on the day of AF so we'll see if it actually is or not. Thanks for your input.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"