High-Risk Pregnancy

~*~GD Check in~*~

This is an open check-in for ladies with GD. We'll be checking in every Tuesday. If you are new, WELCOME! Please give us a little intro/background and your EDD.

Updates: How are you doing this week? Also, if you have any questions, list them here and hopefully someone will answer!

GTKY: What meal/snack is the most challenging for you?

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share?

Hope you ladies have a lovely week!

***Can someone please post a link to this check-in on the 3rd tri board?***
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

Re: ~*~GD Check in~*~

• Updates: How are you doing this week? Also, if you have any questions, list them here and hopefully someone will answer! Need to get back on track after a stressful week getting ready for DS's bday party. Missed all my snacks :(

GTKY: What meal/snack is the most challenging for you? Breakfast has always been the hardest for me.

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share? I had some of my son's birthday cake and feel pretty guilty about it. But at the time, I felt I deserved it... I did give birth to him LOL ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Only issues are with my fasting numbers. They have called in the glyburide for me. I'm taking one last ditch effort to try to control them with diet by getting up around midnight for a quick snack... see if that helps... if not I think I will have to give into the drugs.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Updates: How are you doing this week?

I've been doing shockingly well. As in, I wonder if my meter is broken. Example: Had a turkey and cheese sandwich for lunch, typically this would have me around 124, I was at 93. My fastings have all also been in the mid-70's to low 80's. I mentioned this at my NST today, as I had to test during it, and the nurse said it wasn't unusual for things to balance out around 36 weeks sometimes.

I'm treating myself to 2 oreos now.

GTKY: What meal/snack is the most challenging for you? Dinner, by the time it rolls around I am so tired of checking numbers and trying to be good about measuring that I get lazy and just want a bowl of pasta. I need to get back in the habit of thinking healthy in the evenings too.

• Hello!  I am new.  I was diagnosed last week.  This is my first baby and I'm due 12/12/12.  

Updates: How are you doing this week?  

The week is going pretty well although I feel like they have me on too high of a calorie diet.  I've gained two pounds since starting four days ago.  

Also, if you have any questions, list them here and hopefully someone will answer!

I can't seem to get my fasting numbers under 90.  They have been 97,97, and 100 so far.  The nurse that called me said they aren't concerned.  Should I be if all my other numbers are passing?  

GTKY: What meal/snack is the most challenging for you?

The night time snack is the hardest for me.  I really want fruit but they say I can't have it :/ 

Not yet.  I have been following the diet pretty closely because it's my first week. 

Thanks for having me!  I hope to learn a lot from you ladies.   

TTC since June 2011
    DH diagnosed with Testicular Cancer 8/2010
    Low sperm count. Only option IVF with ICSI
    Starting First cycle Jan/Feb 2012- Canceled due to not responding to BCP and/or Lupron
    IVF 1.2- stims March 14, ER March 24, 16 R 10F 6 made it to blast
    ET March 29- transferred two blasts, 4A and 4BA, froze 4
    Positive HPT 9dp5dt Beta 1- 385 11dp5dt
    u/s April 25- one healthy heartbeat
    EDD 12/12/12>

• Updates: How are you doing this week? Also, if you have any questions, list them here and hopefully someone will answer! 

I'm doing pretty good.  Only had two numbers that were over limit last week and I knew it was because I was trying to increase the amount the carbs I was eating, so it is good to know that for at least the past 2 weeks I have been able to control with diet.  Who knows how long that will last.  :)

GTKY: What meal/snack is the most challenging for you?

Dinner is always hard for me, since I am home with DH.  He has been trying to eat healthier as well but definitely doesn't eat as strict as I do.   

I had pasta and bread this week that caused my numbers to be over the limit, so decided that was a no-go for me.  For a success, I have found Luna bars are a great breakfast for me and gives me great numbers. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi all!  I am Sara.... 24 weeks pregnant with baby # 2.  I am a type 2 diabetic and did great when I was pregnant with DS.  This time around, not so good, and I am so frustrated!!!

I am taking insulin and have been since I was pregnant with DS almost 3 years ago.  Lately I find that no matter what I do or eat, my numbers fluctuate.  I could eat the same meal for a week and have lows, good #s and highs.  Tonight I had baked ziti  and a small piece of a pork chop..... # is 224.  I want to cry right now!!!!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm doing ok. My numbers haven't been great. I haven't been to the endo for 3 weeks but I go again tomorrow. The ob said they will probably recommend induction at 39 weeks, which is fine with me.

My hardest meal is dinner. I like to try new things but a lot are failures. I had one reading after dinner that was low. I have no idea why. I had tostadas with beans.
    DD1 9.15.10  DD2 11.2.12
  • Updates: Numbers aren't too bad.  I tried to cheat a little for dinner a couple of days and my numbers were high.  So, I'm back to trying to be good for dinner.  I've had a couple hypoglycemic episodes in the afternoon this week too.  So, I've actually started increasing my carbs a little for lunch and I definitely can't skip my afternoon snack.

GTKY: I think breakfast is the most difficult.  Most of my favorite breakfast foods are off limits.

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share?  So I was able to eat pizza for lunch, but not for dinner.  My number after lunch was 90, but 180 after dinner.  I take glyburide before lunch and I'm also more active after lunch, so that's probably why.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi, Im new to the board diagnosed with GD 3 weeks ago. I have been stuggling with my fast number as well and trying all sorts of things to keep it down under 100.  Had my first Dr appt. this morning and went over my numbers- he wants to see me again in a week to see if my fast #'s are still over. I think they will be wish he just would have started me on the med now instead of waiting a week but oh well!! Of course as soon as i was done with my Dr Appt. I took my after breakfast # and it was a 130! Highest ever....I think it was just the stress of the visit but who knows.

Im really just struggling with my fast number overall..

• Updates: How are you doing this week? Also, if you have any questions, list them here and hopefully someone will answer! GD is under control.  Apparently, that's the only thing under control.  My fasting numbers have been shockingly low- in the low 70's.  Not sure what that means, but I will take it.  I did get to spend the night in L&D after my BP went through the roof, but it sorted itself out unmedicated and the 24 hour urine test was clear.  So clear, there was absolutely no detectable protein.  And baby's HR got pretty a high- and then we found out my glucose was at 52.  Coincidence?  I think not.

GTKY: What meal/snack is the most challenging for you? Breakfast.  For sure.  I have found that no matter how many carbs a sandwich says it has, I cannot eat a breakfast sandwich.

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share? See: sandwiches, breakfast.  I have found that broccoli cheese soup is doable and helps with some of my cravings.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Updates: How are you doing this week? Also, if you have any questions, list them here and hopefully someone will answer! I'm doing ok this week. I'm stressed out, and that's been reflected in my numbers so far. And I feel so sleep deprived, but I don't think there's anything I can do about that with my schedule. It is what it is right now, I guess.GTKY: What meal/snack is the most challenging for you? The breakfast thing is so hard for me to deal with. I haven't been able to get myself away from the cereal for the life of me. I can't help it because I absolutely have no time whatsoever to cook anything or get anything other than that. It's also my comfort breakfast food. And the bedtime snacks have been hard. I've been trying, but can't seem to get my fasting numbers in the morning to stabilize.
    Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share? This morning was the worst morning for me this week. My fasting number was 107!!! The problem was that my after dinner number was in the mid 90s and then I had my bedtime milk snack. I have no idea what happened. I was devastated for a little bit, but I'm still chalking a lot of my higher numbers up to stress. DH keeps telling me I need to calm down and not stress so much so that I don't put my numbers too high. I can't help it because I'm a worrier and I have a ton of things to worry about these days!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Updates: How are you doing this week? Doing ok...DH and I work at a haunted house on the weekends in Oct, and that makes dinner tricky. On Fri I just eat dinner before we open, try to remember to check my BS (I sometimes get busy and forget) and then have 1 piece of pizza after as my snack (they give us pizza when we close). Sat is trickier as we tend to get up later and therefore I usually only eat once before we go out there, once when we get there, and then I have 2 pieces of pizza as my last meal. It's been going ok so far, but they had something other than pizza sat night and it screwed my #s all up, so I have to be careful if they change things up on me.

GTKY: What meal/snack is the most challenging for you? Snacks..I get tired of the same ole same ole but there are so few options..

Any defeats/successes with food this week you want to share? Nothing new and exciting...

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

•  Hi there. I'm new here - and have just been diagnosed with GD on Monday. 
    I had an appointment with the dietitian yesterday. 
    Everything that I have read on these boards, it seems like most ladies have to get their numbers into their doctor (or whomever) pretty quickly - to see where they are at - and whether insulin is needed.  Well... my first appointment to view the numbers is on Nov. 2.  So... clearly it seems they aren't too concerned about my numbers.
    I was sick during both the 1 hour and 3 hour testings - so maybe that has something to do with it? Because after I told the dietitian that, she seemed a lot more happy (she was incredibly rude during the meeting).  But after I asked if being sick can effect the numbers, and she said yes, and I explained that I was sick both times, she seemed a lot nicer.  And said, "Well, we'll just see where your numbers are at for the next couple weeks.. and go from there." 

So.... I don't really know what to think right now.  I am following the 'diet' plan she gave me... which really wasn't anything new to me... I've tracked food before.  Now, I just have to add more snacks into my day.  My numbers yesterday were fine.... and today (so far) were good, except the fasting which was 96 and they want 60-90. 
    I guess I'll see how the rest of the day goes.... and obviously I'll continue everything until my appointment.  But I'm not sure about after that... I mean, I'll continue the 'diet', because I really do need to watch what I eat (even before getting pregnant).  But as for testing my blood - we just can't afford anymore than the three weeks I have for the strips.  We got to the pharmacy yesterday and he goes, "Just to be clear, you know the strips are $169, right?"  UMMM... NO!  The dietitian did not tell me that!  With our insurance, they came to just over $100.  Still incredibly pricey for us.  We just cannot afford to continue the final 6 weeks paying that.  I don't know if we can get a different brand monitor or what... but seriously, we cannot pay $110 every three weeks. 

Anyway, that's my story.  I'm still pretty ticked at the doctors and nurses, who didn't listen to me when I told them I was sick - and still made me take the tests... knowing it would affect my levels.

Updates: How are you doing this week?

Obviously - not so good, as I was just diagnosed.  But tracking/diet wise, I'm doing great.

GTKY: What meal/snack is the most challenging for you?

Breakfast - because I usually just want something sweet - and small, since I have never been able to handle breakfast.  

So far everything seems good.  But, we'll see the longer I test my blood.  Last night I had a snack of graham crackers with almond butter - and my fasting number was 97 this morning... so I probably should skip on the grahams at night from now on...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"