1st Trimester

Heartburn

I am at 5 weeks into my pregnancy and have had terrible heartburn since the beginning. Has anyone else had this problem and if you have how did you cope with it?

Re: Heartburn

• I don't know if its safe in the 1st tri, because my heartburn ramped up with DD in the 2nd tri but first I took Tums about every hour then moved up to Zantac... Zantac worked like a charm!
  • Thanks for the input just trying to find away to get sleep at night thats when it usually starts in is bed time
  • Loading the player...
  • Check with your doctor (do you have one yet?), but I was sent home with a list of "Pregnancy Safe" medications... and Tums is on the list. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemrshall10210:
    Check with your doctor (do you have one yet?), but I was sent home with a list of "Pregnancy Safe" medications... and Tums is on the list. 

Yea, I'm not sure about other heart burn helps but Tums is clear during pregnancy.  

imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrshall10210:
    Check with your doctor (do you have one yet?), but I was sent home with a list of "Pregnancy Safe" medications... and Tums is on the list. 

Yea, I'm not sure about other heart burn helps but Tums is clear during pregnancy.  

imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Same issue here:(. Tums are safe, just don't take more than recommended on the bottle bc they can lead to kidney stones in excessive amounts.  Zantac worked better for me in my last pregnancy.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Oh man, I feel for you. With my first pregnancy I had HORRIBLE heartburn. It started before I knew I was pregnant and continued through the end of the 1st trimester. I took a loooooot of tums. Other than that, I just tried to avoid foods that are fatty, fried, sugary or spicy in the evening. 

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Zantac is a life saver!! I'm only 4 wks!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes, it has gottten better, but I had it BAD from weeks 4-5....I really just dealt with it...I didnt take anything.

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• I started getting it really bad starting last week (8 weeks).  I've tried Tums, they kinda work, I find 7 up works the best for me (though I try to limit that to 1 or 2 a day because of sugar).
    Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker image image
  • Zantac was my saving grace with my first two. With this one, I didn't have any zantac on hand the other night so someone suggested tea with honey. Worked great! I feel for you. Heartburn is the worst symptom, imo.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"