Babies: 0 - 3 Months

what birth control did you go on after LO was born?

DH and i don't want any more kids for at least another 3-4 years, so at my 6 week PP appt. i'll be telling the doctor i want BC. which one did you go for and why? a lot of people are recommending the Implanon, but i don't know how i feel about having a stick in my arm for 3 years lol. 

TIA! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: what birth control did you go on after LO was born?

• I have the Mirena IUD and it's great.  I had it before we started TTC for 3 years and had no side effects or problems at all and none of the side effects that I always had when I was on regular BC pills (low sex drive, migraines once a month, PMS mood swings).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pull and pray!... Just kidding, sort of. We will be using fertility awareness and investing in a fertility monitor. I like the non hormonal approach.
  • Loading the player...
  • BCP here. I was on the pill before and it worked great. BF though so I'm more paranoid about the timing but trying to be very diligent. We are going to try for number 2 in two years so no point Mirena. Plus I work for a Christian hospital so insurance doesn't cover any of it. which will be lovely when hubby needs a vasectomy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • are you breastfeeding? i am about to start the minipill

the one i have is micronor and it only contains one hormone and only little will pass through the breastmilk 

• imagemrsj0423:
    Pull and pray!... Just kidding, sort of. We will be using fertility awareness and investing in a fertility monitor. I like the non hormonal approach.

we always have done the whole pull and pray method and never had an oops! I HATE bcp and I'm nervous for anything else. But everyone says you are more fertile after having a baby (not right after, in general). So now I'm nervous to rely I. That. No matter how talented DH usually is lol.

• I did the copper IUD, no hormones, no worries. Worked great, periods were a little worse, but I liked not thinking about BC. When we decided we wanted anothe baby, we got pregnant on the first try, 4 days after having it out.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • We are using condoms, not my husbands first choice, but we also don't want me to take any hormones while I am nursing. Before I got pregnant with my 2nd we used the pull and pray method and it worked for a year, but we said we were ready to get pregnant anyway so we weren't worried if it happened. After the 2nd we used condoms again every single time, except one time we (tmi) started and I told him wait put a condom on and wouldn't you know it that was enough to get pregnant. It was exactly a year after DS was born. I am still trying to get him to agree to a vesectomy, he says he is thinking about it. We both feel three is enough for us. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker"0" />border="0" />
  • imagemrsj0423:
    Pull and pray!... Just kidding, sort of. We will be using fertility awareness and investing in a fertility monitor. I like the non hormonal approach.

Same here!

• I have the ParaGurad because I'm sensitive to hormones, I would recommend the Mirena if you don't have trouble with them. I had one before I was pg and it was great! (until the effects of the hormones came on)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • After I was done BFing, I started Loestrin 24 (BCPs). It did not work well for me - I was having 2 short periods a month and didn't feel good. I switched to orthotricyclin pills and they have been great. They make my periods lighter than before. I had not taken BCPs in 7 years before having LO and was totally against them but now I'm happy I'm on them.
  • imagemrsj0423:

Same here.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"