Pregnant after a Loss

any Canadian diclectin women?

I was told today by the nurse that the OB will likely give me a diclectin prescription at tomorrow's appt to help with my n&v. I'm thrilled at the idea of feeling better but scared at the idea of taking meds. I have had family members use diclectin and it helped a lot and the babies were all fine. My sister just told me tonight that it made her very, very dizzy for at least 2 days and then she was fine. Does anyone else have any insight into the pros/cons of diclectin?

(Note: Diclectin is available in Canada but not in the USA.) 

BFP#1 11/25/11 EDD 08/09/12 MMC 01/30/12 D&C 02/01/12
BFP#2 09/11/12 beta1=72 @13dpo beta2=160 @14dpo beta3=over 6000 @24dpo U/S @7w2dd hb=146bpm U/S @8w5d hb=159bpm U/S @12w hb=164bpm
EDD 05/20/13
My Ovulation Chart

Re: any Canadian diclectin women?

• I took it and it saved me in first tri.  That drug has been available in Canada for 50 years and hundreds of thousands of babies have been born to mom's who have taken it.  It is just vitamin B6, combined with an antihistamine.  Many american ladies take the same cocktail, it's just not in one pill like it is for cdns.

I did not experience dizziness when taking it.  Do note that if you decide to take it, it is a long acting drug, so you need to take it on a schedule (every 8 hrs, or however prescribed) in order to ensure that there is always some of the drug in your system.  If you take it only here and there, it will not provide relief, because it takes time to kick in and if you only take it when you feel nauseated, it will take hrs to kick in and you will think its not working.

My opinion...it is safe and stopped me from feeling like I was on a rubber dingy in the middle of the atlantic ocean durring a hurricane.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebenoitfan:

I took it and it saved me in first tri.  That drug has been available in Canada for 50 years and hundreds of thousands of babies have been born to mom's who have taken it.  It is just vitamin B6, combined with an antihistamine.  Many american ladies take the same cocktail, it's just not in one pill like it is for cdns.

I did not experience dizziness when taking it.  Do note that if you decide to take it, it is a long acting drug, so you need to take it on a schedule (every 8 hrs, or however prescribed) in order to ensure that there is always some of the drug in your system.  If you take it only here and there, it will not provide relief, because it takes time to kick in and if you only take it when you feel nauseated, it will take hrs to kick in and you will think its not working.

My opinion...it is safe and stopped me from feeling like I was on a rubber dingy in the middle of the atlantic ocean durring a hurricane.

Thanks Benoitfan. If he does give me a prescription, I will take it. Good to know about the importance of taking it exactly as prescribed.

Also, glad to hear your baby boy is doing so well. What a champ! I'm really sorry to hear, though, about all of the pain you're experiencing. I hope they find something to relieve it as you wait for the healing. 

BFP#1 11/25/11 EDD 08/09/12 MMC 01/30/12 D&C 02/01/12
    BFP#2 09/11/12 beta1=72 @13dpo beta2=160 @14dpo beta3=over 6000 @24dpo U/S @7w2dd hb=146bpm U/S @8w5d hb=159bpm U/S @12w hb=164bpm
    EDD 05/20/13
    My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"