3rd Trimester

Just Sneezed...

And I swear every muscle in my lower abodmen tore, like being split with an axe.  I felt an excruciating pain, like someone was tearing my pelvis out!  I screamed so loudly, DH came running.  Any idea what this is?  Not sure why a sneeze would cause such pain...  I now have BH contrax, and the same pelvic grinding misery I've had for past 2 weeks, but more intense.  DD is SO low, so maybe it was something happening with my muscles down there?  Could she have dropped even more?  UGH.  Scary, just making sure this isn't totally abnormal?  Never had any of this with DD1.

Chemical Pregnancy 5.2011. BFP 9.2011 MC @ 8.5w D&C 11.4.2011 sweet pea is always in our hearts. BFP 3.23.2012! Our baby turkey is due 11.22.2012! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Just Sneezed...

• I just got over a cold and with almost every cough and sneeze I was in pain. I think it is just from everything being so squished and stretched out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the flu and strep right now so I hurt in my head when I sneeze, I pee,and I hurt in my abdomen, and one time I threw up a little while I peed. Awesome. Pregnancy is not wonderful for everyone. ;)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Loading the player...
  • Every time I sneeze I get excruciating pain in my lower abdomen. So much so that most the time I end up clutching my stomach almost in tears. This has been through my whole pregnancy, so far everything seems fine with LO though. If you're really concerned you can always call your dr.....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Just before I feel a sneeze of a cough coming, I scrunch myself into a fetal position, especially if I'm in bed. When I sneeze of cough while lying down, it seems to hurt more, so I wrap myself together and it eases the pain a lot. Otherwise, if I don't, I get all crampy and achy. If I'm at work or standing, I bend over and hunch myself together, which seems to help too!. I hope this helps.
  • I'm pretty sure this is RLP
  • imagewmmader:
    Just before I feel a sneeze of a cough coming, I scrunch myself into a fetal position, especially if I'm in bed. When I sneeze of cough while lying down, it seems to hurt more, so I wrap myself together and it eases the pain a lot. Otherwise, if I don't, I get all crampy and achy. If I'm at work or standing, I bend over and hunch myself together, which seems to help too!. I hope this helps.

Yup, this.  And if I can't do a fuller fetal position, just raising a knee so that the abdomen isn't stretched out during a sneeze totally works. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagewmmader:
    Just before I feel a sneeze of a cough coming, I scrunch myself into a fetal position, especially if I'm in bed. When I sneeze of cough while lying down, it seems to hurt more, so I wrap myself together and it eases the pain a lot. Otherwise, if I don't, I get all crampy and achy. If I'm at work or standing, I bend over and hunch myself together, which seems to help too!. I hope this helps.
    I do this too. Dumb Round Ligament Pain!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"